How did it get up THERE? Deer 'with wings' causes power outage

The rabbit

The Cosmic Force
This is Wierd. Sott may have it but just in case. This after the sheep on the rooftop in bridge end that treesparrow posted recently.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2004707/Deer-WINGS-causes-power-outage-Montana.html

It would have taken an incredible leap for this young deer to end up on the power lines above East Missoula.

But it is unlikely that the animal had an accident while trying to act like its distant-cousin Rudolph.

This fawn took out the power in the Montana town after it was dropped by a bird that bit of more than it could chew.

Lee Bridges said that shortly after the power went at around 9am, she spotted a bald eagle sitting in the top of her tree.

When a worker from the energy company turned up to investigate the power problems he spotted the fawn dangling from the power line.

How did it get up THERE? Deer 'with wings' causes power outage (maybe it was trying to imitate Rudolph)

By John Stevens

Last updated at 4:18 PM on 17th June 2011

It would have taken an incredible leap for this young deer to end up on the power lines above East Missoula.

But it is unlikely that the animal had an accident while trying to act like its distant-cousin Rudolph.

This fawn took out the power in the Montana town after it was dropped by a bird that bit of more than it could chew.
Flying high: A power company lineman using a pole to remove a young deer carcass that was dropped onto a power line in East Missoula

Flying high: A power company lineman using a pole to remove a young deer carcass that was dropped onto a power line in East Missoula

Lee Bridges said that shortly after the power went at around 9am, she spotted a bald eagle sitting in the top of her tree.

When a worker from the energy company turned up to investigate the power problems he spotted the fawn dangling from the power line.

‘I ask him the problem,’ she said. ‘He pointed up at the power line and said, "Well you had a deer with wings on it.”

‘I looked up there and there was this fawn, a carcass of a fawn, up in the power line.’

Mrs Bridges suspects that the eagle dropped its prey and could not retrieve it.

Northwestern Energy removed the deer from the line and restored power after about a half-hour outage.

The lineman who removed the carcass from the power line said he had never seen anything like it.

It sounds explicable for me that an eagle has dropped it.
as far as I know big raptorial birds can do this.
I even heared of raptorial birds that can lift wolves

Edit: maybe the bird tried to grill his meat before eating it :lol:

Looks kind of mangled, like maybe it was hit by a truck and thrown through the air.

Back
Top Bottom