How to make virtual Logos.

SlavaOn

Jedi Master
Hello.

I thought, that I posted about this concept on Cassiopaea forums before, but my search came up with no hits... This is something, that I worked on for years and mainly posted on Linked-in. I am talking about text streaming method, which I called "transmutation technology", since the shapes of alphabetic characters are transmuted into each other to create the cohesive words in the mind. Without it, the stream looses the content, when the words are not formed in any shape or form. When the letters are streamed one after another, the mind needs all help it can get to define/detect the words boundaries...

The concept was implemented as iOS app called "Twist a Tweet".

Here are a few Linked-in articles with more details:
Twist-a-Tweet app; Behind story.

Twist-a-Tweet app. Story continues.

New twists in Greek, Hebrew and Russian.

The latest twist is to combine this textual stream with 3D virtual or physical environment. It would allow to place any amount of textual information as an object to be looked at from any angle and any distance. Isn't it what "Logos" were - alive words from a deity? They were definitely not printed or chiseled onto some surface. Presumably, they were floating on the air as objects... You can see, from the linked video below, that it could be "read". Sorry, the app is far from being finished and I had to film the iPhone screen with another device to show how it looks like in real time. The phrase displayed is "A good tree bears good fruit".

Back
Top Bottom