Huge Bird Sighting in Manchester Twp.

mcjoyous

The Force is Strong With This One
This article ran June 19, 2006 in the York Daily Record - York Sunday News. I thought it may be of interest here.
Huge, scary bird sighting in Manchester Twp..

It was a bird. A huge bird.
..."It looked like a Cadillac," she said.
...Huge doesn't do it justice.
...It was black, except for white feathers on the tips of its wings and what appeared to be a white ring around its neck. It didn't look like any bird she knew. She knows what eagles look like, and it wasn't an eagle. She knows what vultures look like, and it wasn't that either. "Vultures have that turkey face," she said. "It didn't have a turkey face."
Most striking was the bird's size.
By her estimation, the bird had a wingspan of 18 to 20 feet."
What might this be?

Oh boy! How about a hyperdimensional window faller? Shades of Mothman! Keep us posted!

I have read your info on the Mothman and I thought of that as well.
I am from Canada and not the York area. I just happened upon the article while linking to another article there. Perhaps, someone from that area can keep an eye on the papers there.

Hyperdimensional Window Faller ? Meaning a bleedthru from another dimension?

Cheers

mcjoyous said:
Hyperdimensional Window Faller ? Meaning a bleedthru from another dimension?
More or less. You might like to read "The Hunt for the Skinwalker" to get some really interesting descriptions of some other manifestations of this type of phenomena.

In the mid 90s, a cattle ranching family moved to an isolated ranch in Northeast Utah to lead a quiet life - only to be terrorized by a series of seemingly unrelated and unexplainable events. Unable to control the powerful forces invading their lives, the family sold the ranch to a Las Vegas billionaire who funded a team of senior research scientists to investigate the phenomena there. The accounts of encounters with flying objects, mutilated cattle, disembodied voices, teleported objects, strange lights and invincible creatures read like a catalog of the weird. Written by team leader Colm Kelleher, PhD and acclaimed investigative journalist George Knapp, Hunt for the Skinwalker is the true story of what really happened at Skinwalker Ranch.

By Colm Kelleher and George Knapp
I think they screwed up the whole investigation by not hypothesizing the hyperdimensional explanation at the beginning. That's pretty clear when you read the book which is still interesting for the type and range of phenomena observed and experienced.

Thanks for the link, I have heard about this family's experience. I like the window description. Several times, I have had similiar, atho not nearly so frightening experiences and it has always interested me. It does have the feel of a window. On one notable occasion in 1986, I was waiting in a large crowd, with my husband and parents, at a stop light outside of Expo 86 in Vancouver BC. I turned around and saw a young woman standing directly behind me ( maybe 2-3 feet away) carrying a young baby. She was brown skinned and I couldn't place her nationality, closest I could come would be South American Indian or maybe Polynesian. There was just something different about the way she looked. I smiled at her, feeling a 'kinship. as I was several months pregnant with my first child. She smiled back. I turned around to wait for the light to change, and it struck me how odd it was that this woman was coming out of the Expo sight holding her baby and she had no stroller, baby backpack or any of the other usual paraphernalia that would go along with taking a baby into a huge and crowded World Fair. I immediately turned back and she was not there. This all happened within a few seconds and there was no where she could have gone to in that time. She was there and then she was gone. Of course, my mind raced to try and create an explanation for this, but it in the end I just couldn't "deny' that this happenned. I have wondered over the years what her experience of me would have been. I suspect we have lots of these experiences, but we find ways to 'explain' or 'reframe' them for ourselves and then just forget about them. Scaring huge birds and giant wolves, I have not had!

Many years ago - about the early 1970s I had a wierd experience in the apartment that I was sharing at that time.

I was standing in the tiny kitchenette when a being appeared to walk out of the cupboard to my left.
It was not that it opened the door and stepped out, but rather just appeared in mid-stride, as though it had actually walked through the cupboard doors.

I was startled, and so was this creature (or so it seemed to me). It looked in my direction and I felt some force slam me back against the counter, and then it was gone. The entire experience happened in about 2 seconds.

This creature was slightly shorter than me, was a dull uniform reddish-brown in colour, and appeared to be humanoid but with a tail. I did not have the time or presence of mind to memorize much in the way of details before it disappeared.

My speculation is that this might have been another instance of hyperdimensional bleedthrough.

I have not told many people about this because they might decide that I'm a few apples short of a full bushel!

Phil

In the late 1960's, when I was in my teens, I began having many unusual/paranormal experiences. For the most part they really frightened me. As a child, similar things had happened which I guess I considered were nightmares or imaginary 'I don't know what's'. I was brought up going to a protestant church, but we were never an overly religious family, so luckily, perhaps, I never had any context for these experiences. As a child, I was never able to talk to my parents about them, not because they wouldn't have listened, I just new they would think I was imagining or having a nightmare. I guess I always thought I was just different. My first attempts at explaining these to myself came when I read Carlos Casteneda's books. They were an eye opener and helped me a lot. I also, read everything by Jane Roberts (Seth). Eventually, I gravitated to Laura and the Cassiopaeans and have been reading here for many years.
pstott said:
I have not told many people about this because they might decide that I'm a few apples short of a full bushel.
I gave up trying to explain my experiences to anyone (with the exception of one family member and a couple of close friends) many years ago. Firstly, everyone I told did think I was a 'few apples short of a full bushel' and those that may have been inclined to believe me always tryed to re-explain it in a way that they could understand it. I am skepitcal by nature and for the most part, I found it hard to expain to myself. It is so very difficult to convey to others all the nuances/layers of these experiences and the 'real' or 'super-real' nature of them. The internet has been great, because you find you are not alone in the world. I am still very reluctant to speak about much that has happened to me but feel more comfortable about it here on SOTT.

When I was in my 20's I was sitting (wide awake) in my well lit bedroom and an odd little creature literally stuck it's head through a 'porthole' that opened up in one of the walls. He? looked around the room for a few seconds, then dissapeared into the wall. I can't remember if I have ever told anyone about it but your story made me think of it.

This reminded me of the thunderbird myths from here in the U.S.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thunderbird_(cryptozoology)

Incidently, there are also stories of a similar critter from china, but I forgot the name ...

As an aside, I had a friend who years ago discovered what they believed to be a california condor perched outside their kitchen window on the porch - needless to say they were a bit startled ...

hmm, it didn't like the paranthesis in the link ... try this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thunderbird_%28cryptozoology%29

Thunderbird ... exceptionally large Andean Condor in Pennsylvania?

Witness description from the York Daily News
"It was black, except for white feathers on the tips of its wings and what appeared to be a white ring around its neck."
"... the bird had a wingspan of 18 to 20 feet."
From the Wikipedia link http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thunderbird_(cryptozoology)
"the descriptions given by the witnesses of these birds match that of an Andean condor: a large black bird, with a white ringed neck and a wingspan up to 10 feet."

H-m-m-m, curious.

Oh, the chinese version of the giant bird is called "Peng" - From its myths it strikes me as being an aquatic bird like a stork, and like the giant condors it has to follow storms to be able to fly.

Back
Top Bottom