Huge object passed behind Jupiter?

Gawan

Ambassador
Ambassador
FOTCM Member
Don't know if it is for real, but a hobby astronomer filmed Jupiter recently where a huge object passed behind Jupiter and went on its track. The astronomer didn't go wild of speculating that it is an UFO, but mildly suggested that could be an asteroid, but he isn't sure in the end. An asteroid could make sense, since recently 12 new moons were discovered and due to it's size of Jupiter could attract lots of objects. But imagining the size of Jupiter and the size of the object it must have been huge. The astronomer excluded that it wasn't a bug or bird, due to his analysis.

Another possibility could be that it passed before Jupiter and then it could be a much smaller object. Though it is difficult to judge in general the size of an object in space.

But have a look yourself:

object jupiter.JPG

object jupiter 2.JPG

Due to it's huge magnification of the lens it could be as well just dust.

Last edited:
If this is an object behind jupiter it would have a length of 5 or 6 times the size of earth! :wow:

Fact: There is something either in front or behind Jupiter traveling past it. My bet is in front of Jupiter.

Fact: It appears that it is a solid object, cylindrical or cigar shaped.

Fact: It is not traveling like a star, planet or moon of a planet. Its path is straight and not changing speed or direction.

Fact: Whatever it is, it is traveling at a great deal of speed.

Fact: This is the only reporting of this event. I see nothing on MUFON or other UFO sources.

Personally, I do not believe that this is a faked event, but that is just my opinion. And if it is a real or fake event, then I would expect that the UFO freaks would be all over this one, and they are not. There are many hidden agendas and cover-up activities going on now. The total lack of anyone not jumping all over this one is disturbing. I mean, what kind of UFO junkie would not jump on the bandwagon for this one. That should tell you something right there. My take is that this is a real event that did happen, and there is a discrete cover-up going on to not have any attention directed at it. Just my take, Haiku …

:huh:

And just recently. Did "they" get a look at something behind the scenes.
Translated from French by Microsoft
Speech of the President of the Republic, Emmanuel Macron at the inauguration of the new (...) Discours du Président de la République, Emmanuel Macron lors de l'inauguration des nouveaux équipements du Pic du Midi … via @elysee

Plus the recent event on the Jul 25, 2018 #4
Follow up

It seems to have been recorded from earth, so there are quite a number of possibilities what it was. When you look from earth through a magnifying glass at something like the planet Jupiter, everything that moves in front of the planet in OUR near earth Atmosphäre, at a specific distance from the magnifying glass, can appear exactly like that. mrtn brought up a good point here as well, obviously its is extremely unlikely that such a incredibly HUGE object (or comet with a huge coma) has passed behind Jupiter a; in such a speed and b: in such a size without anyone else noticing it.

The most likely explanation IMO is that this was an object within our own earthly environment (especially considering the apparent speed and size of it as it passed "behind Jupiter") that appears to have had its own light source (or reflected light by the sun) and passed through the magnified viewing field of Jupiter. For the idea that this object must have passed behind Jupiter, I think the simple fact that Jupiter was simply a big and unsharp defused light source in that shot, in front of which passed a much smaller one, can explain that. In other words; most likely it didn't pass behind Jupiter but was rather "swallowed" (or rather impossible to see) by the bigger light source so that it APPEARED to disappear "behind Jupiter" while in fact it didn't.

It seems to have been recorded from earth, so there are quite a number of possibilities what it was. When you look from earth through a magnifying glass at something like the planet Jupiter, everything that moves in front of the planet in OUR near earth Atmosphäre, at a specific distance from the magnifying glass, can appear exactly like that. mrtn brought up a good point here as well, obviously its is extremely unlikely that such a incredibly HUGE object (or comet with a huge coma) has passed behind Jupiter a; in such a speed and b: in such a size without anyone else noticing it.

The most likely explanation IMO is that this was an object within our own earthly environment (especially considering the apparent speed and size of it as it passed "behind Jupiter") that appears to have had its own light source (or reflected light by the sun) and passed through the magnified viewing field of Jupiter. For the idea that this object must have passed behind Jupiter, I think the simple fact that Jupiter was simply a big and unsharp defused light source in that shot, in front of which passed a much smaller one, can explain that. In other words; most likely it didn't pass behind Jupiter but was rather "swallowed" (or rather impossible to see) by the bigger light source so that it APPEARED to disappear "behind Jupiter" while in fact it didn't.

Yes, that makes sense. And such an object cannot be easily hidden and should have been spotted by others as well.

Back
Top Bottom