Hypnosis in another language

Medulin

Jedi
Hi everyone,
there is a question I cannot find an answer for.
I hope someone could help me.

What would happen if I wanted to be hypnotized by an English-speaking therapist (for example Laura)?
Would hypnosis be possible?
English is not my first language, so I have to put a lot of conscious effort in order to use it (I have to monitor word choice, grammar use etc...)
and from what I know, in a hypnotic session you are supposed to get ''disconnected'' from your conscious reality.
So, how does this language barrier work in this case? :huh:

There is a great book available at the following link _http://www.hypno1.co.uk/BookNeurypnology.htm

Written by one of the founders of what became known as Hypnotism. The actual process of going into a hypnotic state is caused by a tensing of the eye muscles in a very specific way. The link I provided gives the details to this.

Kris

Medulin said:
Hi everyone,
there is a question I cannot find an answer for.
I hope someone could help me.

What would happen if I wanted to be hypnotized by an English-speaking therapist (for example Laura)?
Would hypnosis be possible?
English is not my first language, so I have to put a lot of conscious effort in order to use it (I have to monitor word choice, grammar use etc...)
and from what I know, in a hypnotic session you are supposed to get ''disconnected'' from your conscious reality.
So, how does this language barrier work in this case? :huh:

My first thought is that it depends on how well your subconscious understands the English. Maybe it would be a good idea to plan ahead and make sure that you understand whatever English is going to be used during the session.

Back
Top Bottom