Is Everything Really Okay : Reconsidering Our Problems

@seek10
I spend most of my time in intensive spiritual practice. I don't know why people think that reading means so much, the change is not happening through reading. There is an extremely large amount of work to do. And given the almost impossible circumstances of human life it is very hard to do.
How many spiritual books do you have to read before you start? It becomes like a drug.
Only when you begin the thousands of hours of careful deliberate inner work do you start to see the scale of what is required, and you value reading less.
As for the materials of the Wave, some is interesting, some echoes many other texts, some is rambling and I find little meaning in it.
But then I am not looking for holiday reading.

:wrongbar:

@seek10
I spend most of my time in intensive spiritual practice.
It all depends on what one calls "Spiritual" means. Through out human history, this word is used heavily that contributed for many religions which people found them to be useful for daily problems at first, soon to be usurped by rulers for their benefit. The corrections in the form of esoteric circles happened in all sorts of forms and still nothing has changed in human condition. and There are many reasons for it. Whatever you are doing helping, you have free will to do what you want. But, most on the forum found them insufficient or traps laid to go in circles. That why is reading the Wave series ( 8 books) may give insight into what is going on. You may resonate or may not. That is different story.
I don't know why people think that reading means so much, the change is not happening through reading.
Things may not change by simply reading. If I see "reading" as awareness of "Shared Information" of the author and we will have more data to make a informed decision.
There is an extremely large amount of work to do. And given the almost impossible circumstances of human life it is very hard to do.
How many spiritual books do you have to read before you start? It becomes like a drug.
It can become a drug, if we are not thinking and correlating or not validating. We found to be useful reading them helpful and so we suggest it. Thinking that reading few or doing so and so will enlighten is probably limiting universe's potential.
Only when you begin the thousands of hours of careful deliberate inner work do you start to see the scale of what is required, and you value reading less.
As for the materials of the Wave, some is interesting, some echoes many other texts, some is rambling and I find little meaning in it.
If you have already read it and it didn't resonated with you, then it is up to you what you want to do. We found Wave series is very useful for multiple reading and each time it gave more information ( or connections to the real world) which we missed.

I spend most of my time in intensive spiritual practice. I don't know why people think that reading means so much, the change is not happening through reading.

Reading, combined with networking, is a good way to increase your knowledge and challenge your sacred cows, and dogma. Most of which has been programmed into you since birth.

Knowledge allows you to navigate this realm, avoiding most of the pitfalls deliberately set in front of you to keep you ignorant and compliant.

You are not going to get that through navel gazing IMO. But to each his own.

@seek10
I spend most of my time in intensive spiritual practice. I don't know why people think that reading means so much, the change is not happening through reading. There is an extremely large amount of work to do. And given the almost impossible circumstances of human life it is very hard to do.
So does the intensive spiritual practice include refusing to read? as seek10 pointed out, sure anything can become like a drug, reading or posting one's thoughts on the internet or even doing intensive spiritual practices. That's not the point they were driving at, it was simply a suggestion that some of the answers you seem to be looking for are contained within that series of books.

I don't think I can claim to have begun the thousands of hours of careful deliberate inner work, though I've done years worth of work and I actually value reading a lot more now, there's so much I don't know that when someone suggests that a piece of the puzzle might be found somewhere, I am eager to see it.

No one is claiming that all you need to do is read to find the answers, that is irresponsible and foolish, as foolish and irresponsible as saying that you needn't read at all to find the same answers.

And you read parts of the wave and some were interesting, and some were meaningless. I dare say that if you had done the intensive practice of finishing the series, you would have known the purpose of this forum and why you just might be in the wrong place.

@seek10
As this is a research forum, a lot of what the members do here is read. If you don't have a basic understanding of the core material then I don't know that you will fit in here very well, but seeing as you are kind of a big deal spiritually I reckon you will be ok with that.

Isn't basically GTFO-ing someone that is (at worst) clueless... a bit... harsh?
Even if a slim chance, this person might have changed his mind would he stay on this forum. Now any chances of that are most likely gone.

The purpose of the forum isn't to change people's minds. rideforever has explicitly stated he or she has found no meaning in The Wave. Since this is the Cassiopaean forum which has grown out of Laura's work, it's clear that rideforever's interests are opposed to what we do and that includes lots of research and reading. I'd say it's better to not beat around the bush than to have drawn out, energy draining attempts trying to change someone who has given no indication of being even remotely interested in having his/her perspective changed.

Isn't basically GTFO-ing someone that is (at worst) clueless... a bit... harsh?
Even if a slim chance, this person might have changed his mind would he stay on this forum. Now any chances of that are most likely gone.
It wasn't really a GTFO, it was a "It looks like you're at the wrong bar" to which there was no response whatsoever. People create their own chances, if anyone truly interested in the purpose of this forum were told they're at the wrong place, and it was a misconception, they'd probably seek to clarify the situation instead of simply ignoring it.

It wasn't really a GTFO, it was a "It looks like you're at the wrong bar" to which there was no response whatsoever. People create their own chances, if anyone truly interested in the purpose of this forum were told they're at the wrong place, and it was a misconception, they'd probably seek to clarify the situation instead of simply ignoring it.
Agreed. Not a bounce, just fair advertisement of available ingredients.

It exactly reminds me of a pub I used to frequent, on the outskirts of downtown. The pub served a variety of beers and whiskey. When the party bus dropped off a bachelorette party ordering Apple-tinis, the bartender would ask, “Do you know where you are?”

Not a bounce. Only the reality that the drink they presently desired would never be made there.

Back
Top Bottom