Is Paypal collapsing?

PayPal really don't like VPN... Most companies keeps a list of known VPN IP addresses, and if they spot you connecting through a VPN tunnel, they might think that a fradulent user is trying to hijack your account, while concealing his true IP address. From then, PayPal feels free to limit your account for up to 18 months, asking you for every paper you can think of (bills, ID, bank statement, blood test...).
PayPal is really a horrible company and everyone should avoid dealing with them.

Polonel said:
PayPal really don't like VPN... Most companies keeps a list of known VPN IP addresses, and if they spot you connecting through a VPN tunnel, they might think that a fradulent user is trying to hijack your account, while concealing his true IP address. From then, PayPal feels free to limit your account for up to 18 months, asking you for every paper you can think of (bills, ID, bank statement, blood test...).
PayPal is really a horrible company and everyone should avoid dealing with them.

That's true, PayPal dosn't like VPN. However in the past the only way to connect to the internet from behind a (corporate) firewall was to tunnel through with VPN - I did it for about 9 months without any problems. I just think it would be worth a try just to see if that fixes the problem ...

works perfectly fine for me. I also ocassionally use a paid VPN service (overplay.net) for amazone kindle ebook purchases (since I'm outside the US) and it works perfectly fine with that too.

Back
Top Bottom