James McCanney trashes SOTT Laura and Ark

Richs

The Cosmic Force
In his latest "Science Hour" broadcast dated September 29 McCanney goes off on SOTT writers, editors, Laura and Ark, naming them in very derogative terms and warning people not to go there because it is a 'disinfo site'. This is in reference to an article posted on Signs regarding the FBI releasing what it had regarding the Tesla files.
_http://www.jmccanneyscience.com/JamesMcCanneyScienceHour_September_29_2016.mp3
His remarks come a few minutes into the broadcast, right after he discusses the Clinton/Trump debate.

I have listened to his broadcasts on an occasional basis for the last couple of years and he often has some intelligent and interesting things to say. I have noted that over this time he has become more and more disdainful of anyone who has a different view of things than his own. It looks like he thinks he has all the answers and everyone else is just not as informed and as bright as he is. As a result it seems he has become very rigid in his views and outlooks and can not even consider that he might not be as correct about everything as he thinks. Kinda sad.

edit: fixed link

It starts at 4:10 into the talk. He says the people who run Sott.net is a bunch of ding-dongs. Then he talks about his Tesla thing and how much he knows. At 7:20 roughly he says that Sott is a disinfo site, that we just copy things, write books about this and then he goes on to say that Sott gets paid under the table by the handlers which he says is the CIA. At 8:00 he is finished with the topic.

Wow, he really must have gotten annoyed by something and his self-importance and arrogance shows for all to see. In the end, he has discredited himself. He didn't pass the scratch test, but the venom in his attack is strange just over an article that was reposted on Sott about FBI releasing documents about Tesla. :rolleyes:

Richard S said:
In his latest "Science Hour" broadcast dated September 29 McCanney goes off on SOTT writers, editors, Laura and Ark, naming them in very derogative terms and warning people not to go there because it is a 'disinfo site'. This is in reference to an article posted on Signs regarding the FBI releasing what it had regarding the Tesla files.
His remarks come a few minutes into the broadcast, right after he discusses the Clinton/Trump debate.

I have listened to his broadcasts on an occasional basis for the last couple of years and he often has some intelligent and interesting things to say. I have noted that over this time he has become more and more disdainful of anyone who has a different view of things than his own. It looks like he thinks he has all the answers and everyone else is just not as informed and as bright as he is. As a result it seems he has become very rigid in his views and outlooks and can not even consider that he might not be as correct about everything as he thinks. Kinda sad.

Interesting, but not exactly something or someone we're going to lose any sleep over. Just for the record, he calls Laura and Ark and Sott writers: "the bone-headed chick and her supposed scientist husband and their staff of pretend writers". That's about it. He's a sloozer.

I feel sorry for him. He's actually been treated pretty shabbily by his former colleagues (from what he has written), and I think that has made him go a bit bitter and paranoid. He's obviously compensating for that with his virulent attacks on anyone who doesn't agree with him.

Sad indeed. He obviously didn't do his research about SOTT at all and engages in superficial and rude name calling based on that very limited understanding. Would have thought that McCanney has a higher standard, then spreading rumors that are clearly unfunded and attacking the editors and Laura and Ark for that.

Sounds like a ad hoc knee jerk reaction from McCanney, based on rumors and not well made research. Especially from a scientist you would expect, that he would actually use the scientific method, logic and decency. He obviously lost the plot there, or so it seems, since suggestions like "SOTT is paid by the CIA" are utterly ridicules, if he would have actually made his research there. If he approaches all his topics like that, it doesn't cast the best light on his scientific credibility.

Rude and unfunded name calling, based on limited research and ad hoc reactions, is not what one expects from a serious scientist. Sad, because his research into the electric/plasma topic was quite interesting and helped me and others in researching the electric components of our solar system and the universe.

Laura said:
I feel sorry for him. He's actually been treated pretty shabbily by his former colleagues (from what he has written), and I think that has made him go a bit bitter and paranoid. He's obviously compensating for that with his virulent attacks on anyone who doesn't agree with him.

Perhaps an 'old professor syndrome', which he erratically attributes to the mainstream media. Seems like in his personal astronomy, the whole world revolves around him now, and everyone is up to steal his work. Not really surprising given his life story, but still sad.

I wonder why now. I have no evidence or information to back this up these thoughts, but it just seems odd that he would come to such conclusions on his own. Maybe he has someone in his ear feeding him such accusations and supposed 'evidence' or 'proof' to back it up and he has done no real digging into it himself. If this is a possibility and you combine it with being a little unstable and what not from the years of being treated poorly by colleagues, then this might be the result and him being vectored in a way.

edit added: Or maybe he did do a little digging and bought into all the defamation that is out there on the internet.

Talk about biting the hand that feeds. This 'CIA outfit' has done a lot to promote his work, including in other languages.

I notice this thread has been opened in 'COINTELPRO and Disinformation'. Let's be clear that McCanney's saying that about us doesn't make him what he's accusing us of; it just means he's a few sandwiches short of a picnic.

Richard S said:

Exactly. I found McCanney interesting because he made lots of comments about space research and Solar system news, what NASA said and what he thinks is the truth (or closer). I lamented a little that we don't have a professional space scientist on the Sott radio shows who would give exciting Space News like Mccanney in every [other] show.

But now I'm way behind listening to the Mccanney radio shows, because Health & Wellness, BTH and Truth Perspective is much more information dense and of course dealing with the most up to date geopolitical news and health topics that truly matter.

So I stopped listening to McCanney, but I'm still interested in Space News and what comes out of his Wing Generator project, which looks like a very robust, fat and wide wind generator and he says its waay more efficient than the current ridiculously ineffective three blade ones.

So now comes the decision that I finally can stop planning to catch up on the McCanney radio shows or just skip everything and only listen to his space news which has questionable truth content...

The only solution I can think of that I and others make efforts to invite a respected space scientists onto BTH or TP or a new Sott show and he will comment on "What's New In Space and Our Solar System?" expertly and interestingly because we made efforts so he can be paid to do expert astronomy and space tech round ups.

Aeneas said:
It starts at 4:10 into the talk. He says the people who run Sott.net is a bunch of ding-dongs. Then he talks about his Tesla thing and how much he knows. At 7:20 roughly he says that Sott is a disinfo site, that we just copy things, write books about this and then he goes on to say that Sott gets paid under the table by the handlers which he says is the CIA. At 8:00 he is finished with the topic.

Wow, he really must have gotten annoyed by something and his self-importance and arrogance shows for all to see. In the end, he has discredited himself. He didn't pass the scratch test, but the venom in his attack is strange just over an article that was reposted on Sott about FBI releasing documents about Tesla. :rolleyes:

He is very much invested in the Moses part of 'history', the Deluge and Noah and the True Bible he calls the Kolbrin and he also appears to have invested a lot of energy / thought into Tesla's research. Couple these 'hardened crust'-beliefs and convictions of his with paranoia and it becomes really difficult to separate the wheat from the tares in his case. Remotely resembles like throwing out the baby with the bathwater, but how much wheat has he left?

- He commented on the Kantek phenomenon
[..]the cluster of fragments in between the orbits of Mars and Jupiter the remains of a planet? [..](Session:940930)
in his June 25, 2015 show at the time 37:20 (min:sec) saying that after he analyzed the recent data [sent back by NASA spacecrafts] about the structure of the cluster, the pictures show parts of big mountain's strata and it appears that those big rocks were parts of a planet. Because he didn't have info about Kantek and what happened with it, he hypothesized that two planets must have collided and both broke apart in a gigantic catastrophe. ... I found that interesting.

- He claims to have recently discovered the Nazca Lines stones formations probably being a fractal interplanetary antennae system enabling telephoning from planet to planet.
- His robust seeming new wind-generator design
- His EM space engine designs aiming to enable interplanetary travel, one engine for take off mode and one to travel between planets
- His Tesla research
- His water filtering products

It would be good to hear professional thoughts of academic(s) and engineers who have done big industrial projects - on the McCanney designs, feasibility. Are they hogwash? Because McCanney is certainly an accomplished academic as far as we heard him state on his shows many many many times. :)

Maybe he won't be a big loss from the list of our information sources, especially now that our planet has been brought to the edge of the precipice by the West.

I've though some of his work highly interesting and was surprised by his comments - like this one article on Tesla upset his line of force. The article only points out what was (as being made out by the FBI), not necessarily what is, and what is to James involves Bush Sr at 19 years of age and the fact that he has all these Tesla Weapons figured out. Okay, fine, so what's with the attack on SoTT and its founder, and the particularly specious comment on her husband - as a swipe made in passing. Very odd, and maybe at root for him is his stature among his peers...

I got this at the 38:20 mark discussing talking with geologists:

{of scientists} said:
…they know who I am, and they know what I say, they all listen, all those, ha, you think you are the only people listening, every scientists at NASA listen to this show, they all do in their back rooms and don’t tell anybody about it...”

Like I said, he says interesting things that have been supported here, yet he seems to feel he has the whole banana figured out, which the above seems to speak to as his own sense of being...

Sad.

Back
Top Bottom