Ketogenic diet -Low carb - Paleo diet

Gaby

SuperModerator
FOTCM Member
Russian people told me that there is a whole Russian movement out there which educates people in the paleo diet, low carb diet and ketogenic diet. Apparently there are websites where they coach you.

I stumbled upon this particular website in one of my favorite blogs. So for starters, this resource might be of help:

_http://www.dietdoctor.com/lchf-takes-russia

LCHF Takes Off in Russia!

lchf_before_after2-800x546-650x443.jpg

Here’s the Russian film producer and media personality Sam Klebanov – before and after LCHF.

Recently, Klebanov opened a Russian website with tips and success stories: LCHF.ru

Do you know anyone who speaks Russian, who could benefit from the website? Please pass this on.

It's kinda related....... I came across this meme style video (posted below) of Street Workout In Russia and Ukraine. You could compare it with some beach in California but I can't help thinking there may an underlying twist that isn't readily apparent or present in western culture. Same with the viral videos of Russian 'youth' climbing towers and doing acrobatics. What struck me was that they were 1) talented 2) able to do this with out the authorities intervening (and very often they seem to be not too fussed about whether they are allowed or not). In the UK any escapades like that would land you in court for suspected terrorism... Osit.

So maybe the relation is a keen study and care of the body, of life and an inherent desire to go out and explore; basically they may be a population (or percentage) of people who can still think for themselves, verify facts and have actually come to distance themselves from the mainstream narrative because they can see the consequences in the western countries who have so readily adopted it.

I think i read in the comments section of the video that it's not actually in Russia (i really don't know myself) and it may even just be a group of athletic kids working out. But as i say, i can't imagine this going on in the UK regularly, so what's different? And bear in mind, London had the Olympics and the facilities that were intended to be left for the 'disadvantaged youth'. It is widely accepted the people were shafted and will get nothing, but still, weren't they so inspired?

It just all reminds me of the discussions that have been going on regarding a difference in mentality and education between Russia and western Europe - also mentioned by the C's. That said, i suspect it maybe that there are pockets of people sharing these ideas and activities. And yet they are a substantial number perhaps when compared to the West. From the blog you posted Gaby a commenter says that their Russian family visitors have 'never heard of a low carb diet', but then you'll have the networking and thinking portion with whom it may now be a way of life so... Anyway, i am obviously speculating. But i do think there seems be a contingent of people of the Internet age who are involved in these activities. Perhaps a native can comment and let me know...

A comment from the YT:
"This is all around east EU. Guess who will survive the zombie apocalypse :P"
How curious! ;)

So i hope you see why i am posting it and how i feel it's linked, even if you don't agree! :D (and of course feel free to delete this!)

Спортивный Киев ( Street Workout In Russia and Ukraine )
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bvLQZVnz5WM

https://youtu.be/bvLQZVnz5WM

Edit: i just realized i am posting the Russian section.... So it's kinda irrelevant to Gaby's point but i will leave it here should it spark some discussion....(sorry)

Thanks, Gaby! There are a lot of interesting materials on the website! Everybody could share it! Now it's possible share keto\paleo truth for many other russian-speaking friends...During the year I was tired to explain to people the principles and ideas, now they will be able to read them.

But, i think their paleo is not fully ketogenik as discussed there...Howewer, it's enough for first steps to the healthy diet)

It's very hard to switch from standard diet to a ketogenic one in one step. As a matter of fact I practice keto diet partly because there are no good foods available for a low-carb diet. Almost every carb has some downsides and creates problems like pain or diarrhea. There are few exceptions like sauerkraut. First one have to train his or her body to sense hazardous foods to make a choice of excluding it from the diet. These guys do a good job of teaching people about true nature of carbs. One step at a time.

aimarok said:
It's very hard to switch from standard diet to a ketogenic one in one step. As a matter of fact I practice keto diet partly because there are no good foods available for a low-carb diet. Almost every carb has some downsides and creates problems like pain or diarrhea. There are few exceptions like sauerkraut. First one have to train his or her body to sense hazardous foods to make a choice of excluding it from the diet. These guys do a good job of teaching people about true nature of carbs. One step at a time.

We've found that you don't have to train your body to sense hazardous foods; once you have cut them out for a sufficient period, the body reacts to them quite definitively and you are left in no doubt that you should not eat that!

Hmm... I didn't realize that this was Russian section. I will post it on other Keto thread.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom