La Huella del crimen (the footprint of the crime) , the best Spanish tv series ever made

loreta

The Living Force
FOTCM Member
This is the best TV series ever made in Spain. The subject: the most famous crimes that happened in this country in the last century. Under my point of vue, this series is also a historical look of Spain, since the beginning of the 20 Century. It teach us how was the mind of these times, how people lived. Every chapter is made by a different director. The stage direction is excellent, you can taste the atmosphere. In fact it is a magnificent recreation of the epoch, from the 20`s to the 70's. The actors are number one, the majority now dead. And the stories, even if in the macabre, are also important because they seem to reflect the Time of the moment. I can compare this series to the Argentinian cinema, that is the best cinema in this planet.

This series give a sort of distant mirror of our society in the XX Century.

This series is also a look to the poverty and ignorance and misery of that moment, some under the regime of Franco. For some of us that lived under this regime, even if young like me, we can feel again what it was living under it. But other chapters are about the beginning of the 20 century that is important to understand and feel and make you see how our ancestor were living and thinking.

It is a travel in time. Specially all of the chapters teach us what was "la España negra y profunda", the deep black Spain, a very important expression that was specially used to define some paintings but was also used in the field of cinema and literature. It means " the representation of the darkest Spain with a more critical or satirical look, and even spicier and pictorially closer to Goya." And the macabre, I would say.

So it is black, very black.

Ignorance, poverty, religion, power, misery, how police investigation was made at that time, psychopathy, the power of money, etc, these are some of the subjects of this magnificent series, a little TV jewel in this ocean of bad taste that is now Spanish TV. Unfortunately I did not find the series in English.

La huella del crimen is a television series produced by Pedro Costa for Televisión Española, in which the most chilling cases of the black Spanish chronicle are recreated. This series was broadcast in two phases on the public channel, in 1985 and 1991, and featured some of the best directors and performers in Spanish cinema. In September 2009, Spanish public television began broadcasting a third instalment of three new episodes.
Source

You can see all the chapters free at YT.

Back
Top Bottom