Lama Thunderbolt

Gillian

The Force is Strong With This One
I've been seeing a lot of promotion for this guy around lately. Does anyone know anything about him?

_http://www.lamathunderbolt.com/about.htm

_http://www.risingredphoenix.com/index.htm

Where, exactly, have you been seeing this 'promotion' and what is your take on it?

Gillian said:
I've been seeing a lot of promotion for this guy around lately. Does anyone know anything about him?
You might want to read

http://www.cassiopaea.org/cass/tibet.htm

where Illion speaks of beings of darkness masquerading as beings of light.

The image of this guy actually makes me feel physically ill.

I don't know why.

But have been having some strange experiences lately. (And this is not meant as a 'WOW!' remark. Lol!) Just my personal response to the world.

Anyway, here he is.

The movie version anyway:

portrait2.jpg

Makes me feel ill.

Silly really ... as we are talking a film!

Sorry.

Can't say why.

Here is, apparently, the real McCoy:

tibetlight2.png

Kieran

Well yes the actor lacks a certain human quality, imo... Perhaps the real Lama Thunderbolt actually has some good teachings, so 'Hollywood' took his identity and corrupted his message?

TheManyShadesOfJo said:
Well yes the actor lacks a certain human quality, imo... Perhaps the real Lama Thunderbolt actually has some good teachings, so 'Hollywood' took his identity and corrupted his message?
True.

The actor looks positively ‘reptilian’ to me! Lol.

Kenlee …

… thank you for the link in your previous post:

Kenlee said:
You might want to read

http://www.cassiopaea.org/cass/tibet.htm

where Illion speaks of beings of darkness masquerading as beings of light.
Once again I have been up nearly all night reading Laura’s essays and following links!

[Laura’s work sometimes strikes me as a kind of ‘legominism’. Much as there is that is overtly available and easily accessible I keep finding additional information dotted around other websites, blogs, forums and chats! There is a staggeringly encyclopaedic volume of information available if you are prepared to actively seek for it!]

I was struck immediately by the following quotations from Theodore Illion’s book (Darkness over Tibet) that appeared early in the article you linked to:

“Let me say, then, in this connection, that real understanding in spiritual matters is the result of much bitter fighting, of suffering, spiritual agony and soul passion. Life itself would have no meaning if there was no fighting on all planes, if all was smooth and monotonous. Everything fights in nature. Every plant fights to get more sunlight. Every animal fights for food; the angels themselves fight. Constant struggle on all planes to which it has access is the birthright of the creature. Woe to him who wants to put himself on a level with the Creator and escape fighting!”

“Even the fires of hell have their mission. They destroy man if he is weak, but if he is strong they purify by burning the dross away.”

“Spirituality actually is a very stormy ocean. The currents of life are interwoven, and Good and Evil, Light and Shadow, are within a hairbreadth from each other.”
The above struck me as a refreshingly virile perspective on our current 3D existence.

I got to bed about 4a.m!

Kieran

"If it is an aching question for him you can give him an answer and you can bring him to the system through any question whatever. But it is necessary for the question to be an aching one."

200px-Gurdjieff2.jpg

anart said:
Where, exactly, have you been seeing this 'promotion' and what is your take on it?
I saw it on youtube and it has also been discussed a lot at the taobums forum as well as emptyflower forum. My own take is that the guy does seem to exude some sort of "power" and something about him unnerves me - not in a good way.

Kieran said:
Here is, apparently, the real McCoy:
tibetlight2.png

Kieran
Description of the photo from Thunderbolt's page: Light arc over head in China

Hmmm, looks like Cleric Level 1 spell "Protection From Evil", which Dungeons&Dragons manual describes in this way:

"Creates a magical barrier that wards a target from attacks by evil creatures. It grants a +2 deflection bonus to Armor Class and a +2 resistance bonus to saves versus attacks from evil creatures. The target is also warded from evil magical controls and compulsions."

One may understand Thunderbolt's reasons - guy was visiting China after all - but I think it was just plain waste of mana and extreme recklesness on his part. Forbiddance spell (Secure a consecrated area even from teleportation, plane shift, ethereal penetration) would do the job, but it requires being on Level 6:

lamalr8.jpg

Back
Top Bottom