Lights with 'foreknowledge'

Mikey

The Living Force
If you watch this month's SOTT Earth Changes Summary video,

May 2016: Extreme Weather, Planetary Upheaval, Meteor Fireballs
https://www.sott.net/article/319812-SOTT-Earth-Changes-Summary-May-2016-Extreme-Weather-Planetary-Upheaval-Meteor-Fireballs

at the 17. May of 2016, a fireball went down across Canada/US. At time index 12:53, you will see this fireball.

It caught my eye that this fireball apparently created some kind of glowing tracks in its path BEFORE it crossed that location, and that TWICE. Now, a considerable percentage of 'unusual phenomena' in the sky that are shared on social media involve bright objects on dark backgrounds which create reflections and light scattering in and on photographic lenses -- I'm repeatedly pointing this out to people. However, this case seems different to me because a lens reflection usually is a mirror image of the primary bright object, mirrored in X and Y axes across the lens center.

And the two glowing tracks in this fireball video (marked with red arrows in the attached screenshots) seem to be an unlikely candidate for lens reflections because,

1. both glowing tracks are steady, whereas the fireball moves
2. both glowing tracks, together with the fireball, are exactly placed on a line
3. apart from the two distinct glowing tracks, the fireball does not otherwise create any other glowing tracks (red circle in the screenshot below)

Note that we DO see light scattering of the lens (the ray that goes almost vertically up and down), but that is trivial and neglectable.

As to these two glowing tracks, if they are not lens reflections, they may have been actually there. But then the question beomes, why were they created BEFORE the fireball moved through them?

In the plasma/vacuum of deep space, comets can have tails pointing in any direction (sunward spikes, etc.), but this fireball already seems to have entered atmosphere deeply with a lot of 'wind' so to say, so it seems unlikely that this particular astrophysical principle applies here.

From comet Shoemaker-Levy we know that comets can fragment into linearly aligned pieces, like a string of pearls. Maybe that was the case here? Did this fireball have smaller fragments that entered atmosphere along the same trajectory before, leaving behind ionized air that later lit up when the main piece approached?

Other explanations?

Attachments

• Selection_120.jpg
    Selection_120.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 249
  • Selection_118.jpg
    Selection_118.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 252
  • Selection_121.jpg
    Selection_121.jpg
    108.7 KB · Views: 250
Re: Fireball creates tail in advance?

Good catch Data! I hadn't noticed that at all

I agree with you that they look like they were actually there, and not like lens reflections.

At first I thought they could be scratches on the camera that only became noticeable when hit by light at the right angle. But, aside from the fact that two scratches at that precise position and angle would be an amazing coincidence, the second once clearly moves upward (if only slightly, and keeping the very same shape and angle it had before) after the fireball moves beyond it.

My knowledge on the subject of hypothetical fragments possible trajectories is very limited, but I was considering, if they followed the same trajectory or a very close one, wouldn't the fireball, or the perturbations from the fireball, cause the ionized air left behind by those other fragments to dissipate or to move visibly and chaotically IMMEDIATELY after it's passage? If that were the case, they shouldn't still be visible afterwards. Unless, maybe, strong winds caused the fragments to move either towards the camera or away from it, just enough for the ionized air they left behind to be lit but not blown away as soon as the main piece passed, while APPEARING to follow the same trajectory in three-dimensional space? Or maybe they were already far enough to begin with? Is that reasonable?

Other than that, considering the position and angle of those trails in relation to the fireball, I can't think of another reasonable explanation right now... Except maybe "cigar shaped UFOs", but I'm quite hesitant to enter THAT territory so quickly.

That would be typical electrical behavior often displayed by comets in space, too. Clube has quite a few images of such in his books.

I agree that it looks like it was very much there in the sky. It looks like a clearly defined path is laid out for the fireball and it follows it exactly.

Notice that the parts of the "path" visible in front of the fireball stay there more clearly also after the fireball has passed through them. Not your typical smoke trail IMO.

It could be what James McCanney describes in Planet-X, Comets and Earth Changes as "sunward spike" due to plasma discharge, which is often observed in comets:

Comet Arend-Roland (C/1956 R1):

4301-004-0F459752.jpg

darling.jpg

Comet Kohoutek (C/1973 E1):

kohoutek.jpg

Actually it's also depicted on the cover of his book. It's Indian rock painting from Green River, UT:

51o0JDjKlQL._SX325_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

At the beginning I also thought that it could be a lens flare, but looking closer it didn't make sense because of the further behavior.

Altair said:
It could be what James McCanney describes in Planet-X, Comets and Earth Changes as "sunward spike" due to plasma discharge, which is often observed in comets:

Comet Arend-Roland (C/1956 R1):

4301-004-0F459752.jpg

darling.jpg

Comet Kohoutek (C/1973 E1):

kohoutek.jpg

Actually it's also depicted on the cover of his book. It's Indian rock painting from Green River, UT:

51o0JDjKlQL._SX325_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Good find. And in our case it could be a "earthward spike".

Here is some additional info from his website:

Sunward Spikes and comet electrical activity …..

We need as many people as possible from around the world to view these comets and especially amateur astronomers with photographic or CCD equipment. As the Earth turns to view these comets we need a continuous record of their development. Others with binoculars can also confirm what they saw and possibly the sunward spikes may be visible to the naked eye. Both comets will briefly be in perfect electrical alignments with planets (one with Mercury and the other with Venus) and this offers the further possibility (although rare) that we could witness an interplanetary electrical discharge between a comet and planet. In the late 1990’s Venus actually “went comet” and developed a comet tail for a few days (professional astronomers do not like to talk about that). We could possibly see such an event again … be prepared to watch during the times specified in this guide … news papers and other news sources will not have this information. The sunward Spike is a result of the electron beam coming from the sun and interacting with material in the comet coma or cloud on the SUNWARD side of the comet (where x-rays have been discovered as I predicted in my 1979 published papers). Usually the sunward spike is not visible BUT the two incoming comets present a high probability of developing the visible sunward spike as we have seen on other past comets, or at least amateurs with photographic equipment may be able to capture it on time exposures of the dark area between the comet and the Sun (expose the dark area only so the light from the comet does not wash out the subtle spike).

Comet picture - hand drawn with spike and sun:
pic%201%20for%20amateur%20private%20page.bmp

Many comets have also produced sunward "spikes" as they crossed the ecliptic. In the past astronomers have always found "excuses" to explain away the spikes ...

pic%202%20for%20amateur%20private%20page.bmp

... BUT with these two comets NONE of the official excuses work as the dust debris tail is not in line with the sunward direction and the comets are perfectly broadside ... additionally we will be able to produce spectral analysis to show the difference between electrical effects and reflected solar light - the dates of planet alignments and ecliptic crossings are noted in this guide. The sunward spikes have been observed to sometimes exhibit helical shapes and ARE NOT FANS OR JETS, but very narrow high energy pinched electron currents. The Spike of Hale Bopp at ecliptic crossing was a very narrow pencil beam within a background of a fan type anti-tail which is a totally separate characteristic. The Spikes have a completely different spectrum than reflected sun light coming from tail dust and ions. Our goal is to record and identify these unique properties and conclusively prove that the spike is a distinct sunward characteristic of comets and is NOT explained by the dirty snow ball comet model, whereas it is an essential part of the Plasma Discharge Comet Model as noted in the diagram from one of my papers on this topic (e.g. this model in 1979 correctly predicted the sunward x-rays found in comets ... it is an essential part of the model).

Figure from my 1987 paper "Dynamics of a small comet" and illustrates the sunward spike electron beam using the Plasma Discharge Comet Model (this 1987 paper is reprinted in my book "ATLANTIS TO TESLA - THE KOLBRIN CONNECTION"):

pic%203%20for%20amateur%20private%20page.bmp

Past comets that have developed sunward activity (including spikes) were many ancient comets (see the cover of my book "Planets, Comets and Earth Changes" for two examples of comets with "helical" spikes ... caused by the electron beam moving in the local magnetic field), the Great Comet of 1861, 1957 Comet Arend-Roland, 1973 Comet Kahoutek (developed intense sunward spike photographed by Sky-Lab Astronauts), 1986 Halley’s Comet (Giotto Space Craft directly detected an intense sunward electron beam, directly measuring the sunward electron beam theorized in the Plasma Discharge Comet Model), 1996 Comet Hayakutake (x-rays and other activity directly measured 30,000 kilometers to the sunward side of the nucleus ... in the 1996 NASA news announcement the lead scientist stated that "they did not have any idea previously that comets were active in the x-ray region'), 1997 Comet Hale Bopp (developed an intense very narrow UV sunward spike when crossing the ecliptic plane and also exhibited x-rays for many years), 1999 two comets passed through a narrow solar filament and ignited the Sun to emit the largest solar flare ever recorded to date, many other comets have been recorded to develop intense sunward radiation (including x-rays), 2002 Comet NEAT V1 (the sun exploded with a large flare as the comet passed the Sun (this was visible with the naked eye in broad daylight from Earth) and a narrow visible electrical connection occurred between the comet and the planet Mercury, over the past 2 years many comets have come into the solar system from the south and crashed into the sun with resulting high energy flares coming from the Sun. The two comets coming in May have numerous “ELECTRICAL ALIGNMENTS” AS THEY CROSS THE ECLIPTIC AND BECOME ALIGNED WITH THE PLANETS VENUS AND MERCURY giving the possibility that they will also develop visible sunward activity.

With all the obvious changes in Earth's atmosphere, magnetic field, etc, added to the quiescence of the sun, I think we can propose (as we have time and again) that there are serious electrical changes taking place in the layers of the atmosphere in terms of intensity of charge (possibly type of charge also), position, (lower/higher) and even fluctuations of position. This goes along with temps of the layers, too. So, if that is the case, and the sunward spike could also manifest sideways or otherwise as the charged body passes through layers with different charges. This is also the probable explanation for some other bizarre behaviors of these bodies, including very slow movement, changes of direction, etc. If the body is small enough, a sudden change in the electron flow, which is essentially an electrical current, could produce all kinds of weird behaviors.

A phenomenon in a slow-motion lightning video that c.a. shared here reminded me of the phenomenon that I shared in the first post of this thread. Namely, a 'light with foreknowledge', for a lack of a better term.

In attachment "Selection_044.jpg" you'll see the entire view of the video camera. The author of the video then zoomed into a particular area and slowed down the video frame-by-frame. I took screenshots of a contiguous sequence of the most interesting frames and created an animated GIF file (movinglight.gif) that is also attached to this post. I manually aligned the frames to features of the lightning arms to compensate for the camera movement (shaking by hand).

In all the frames, a lightning strike moves horizontally from left to right. The first two frames are most interesting.

1st frame: A bit down and to the right of the image center you'll see an 'elongated light'.
2nd frame: The 'elongated light' has moved along its axis upwards. Exactly in front of its path, a kind of 'thickening' or 'explosion' occurs in one of the arms of the lightning.
3rd-7th frame: The 'explosion' proceeds but keeps steady.
8th-9th frame: The 'explosion' produces two arms up and down.

I think it's remarkable that the 'elongated light' moves into the exact direction where this 'explosion' is going to occur.

Attachments

• Selection_044.jpg
    Selection_044.jpg
    140.7 KB · Views: 5
  • movinglight.gif
    movinglight.gif
    8.1 MB · Views: 10
Back
Top Bottom