Lizard Death

1peacelover

Jedi Master
Didn't know where to share this.

Lizards are a natural part of my landscape here in the tropics. We have all types and sizes. I never really paid attention to the reptiles until reading SHOTW. We have iguanas to very tiny lizards. In my culture, when people see lizards sitting on window sills or hanging around it is said that they are carrying messages to someone. So when people see lizards they are careful about what is said.

Some time ago, while doing some work, two lizards ran across the window screen. The larger one chasing the smaller. Mind you the larger one was about 5 inches including tail and the smaller about 4 inches. I figured it was a mating thing, since they "do it all the time". However, this was not the case. The larger lizard rushed the smaller one and swallowed it almost whole. In the same instant, the smaller lizard yelped out loud enough for me to hear. I didn't know they made sounds. Plus, that freaked me out, because until then, I thought the lizards only ate flies, mosquitoes, bugs, insects, etc.

1peacelover said:
Didn't know where to share this.

Lizards are a natural part of my landscape here in the tropics. We have all types and sizes. I never really paid attention to the reptiles until reading SHOTW. We have iguanas to very tiny lizards. In my culture, when people see lizards sitting on window sills or hanging around it is said that they are carrying messages to someone. So when people see lizards they are careful about what is said.

Some time ago, while doing some work, two lizards ran across the window screen. The larger one chasing the smaller. Mind you the larger one was about 5 inches including tail and the smaller about 4 inches. I figured it was a mating thing, since they "do it all the time". However, this was not the case. The larger lizard rushed the smaller one and swallowed it almost whole. In the same instant, the smaller lizard yelped out loud enough for me to hear. I didn't know they made sounds. Plus, that freaked me out, because until then, I thought the lizards only ate flies, mosquitoes, bugs, insects, etc.

Do you know what kind of lizards they were?

I've seen a pelican swallow a pigeon once and was shocked as well since I thought they only eat fish.

But it seems to be like that. Some species seem to eat similar species sometimes.

If you look on Youtube, you can find many videos of reptiles eating reptiles (such as lizards) so I guess it's not so uncommon.

But I concur that it can be quite shocking to witness when you don't expect it at all. :)

Back
Top Bottom