Looking for like minded people in Georgia

neonurse

A Disturbance in the Force
Posting anything on the web is a new thing for me, so please bear with me. My Mom and I are searching for some like minded people in or around the Atlanta, Georgia area. We would like to find a group or even a few people who read Laura's works and everything else covered by SOTT. We sometimes feel as if we're in a bubble because we live smack in the middle of the "Bible Belt"! I'm not sure if this is where I need to be addressing this issue, but being a bit ignorant of computer etiquette I figured I'd start here. Thanks for your time. Kim

We advise, fairly strongly, against such meet ups, particularly among people who are new to the material and who do not already know each other.

If you are genuinely interested in the material for its own sake and have no other agenda, then the best approach, (and it would also be a courtesy to others on the forum) is to introduce yourself and interact here on the forum.

Joe

Thanks Joe for your response. I am genuinely interested in the material and am fairly new to it. My mother has been reading Gurdjieff and Ouspensky for several years now. She just finished The History of the World and is now reading Fulcanelli's works. I'm currently reading The Wave, book 3, while reading The History of the World at the same time. The material is wonderful but sometimes I feel like a true idiot when I don't grasp some of the things in the books. I was just wondering if I'm hopeless or if there are others out there like me who are just learning! While reading In Search of the Miraculous I sometimes felt like a kindergartener reading about physics. Does this mean I'm not ready or is there hope for me. When I posted I just thought I might be able to find a support group or something for discussions. My Mom and I have endless discussions, but it would be great to have other input! I will take your advice and start interacting on the forum. Thanks!

Wow, my spaciness is already starting to show! To clarify my above post I am currently reading The Secret History of the World by Laura. I have also read Amazing Grace which thankfully led my mom and I to the Wave series and other books. I am a nurse in Georgia (US) so I'm really not completely unintelligent, even if it seems so! I love SOTT and am very thankful to Laura and everyone else involved for making all of this knowledge available to us. I feel that my mind has been opened wide and I'm very excited to learn all that I can!

neonurse said:
Thanks Joe for your response. I am genuinely interested in the material and am fairly new to it. My mother has been reading Gurdjieff and Ouspensky for several years now. She just finished The History of the World and is now reading Fulcanelli's works. I'm currently reading The Wave, book 3, while reading The History of the World at the same time. The material is wonderful but sometimes I feel like a true idiot when I don't grasp some of the things in the books. I was just wondering if I'm hopeless or if there are others out there like me who are just learning!
You see the point is not to understand everything, but to understand something. And then, when we understand something - to apply it. Sometimes it takes years before we learn to apply these things that we already understand. Only then, perhaps, we will be able to understand the next thing.

Moreover, it is absolutely necessary to apply your criticism to everything you read. I really mean: everything. Only by such an approach you yourself have a chance to become a creative person. By creative application of the knowledge that you accept (even tentatively) as a possibly being an objective knowledge.

Back
Top Bottom