looks like high energy plasma to me

an alternative viewpoint on this phenemona-

lens distortion from the multi-element lenses in modern cameras, reflecting back to the glass cover, then forming this pattern. It's called "Newton's Rings" and only seen when light is monochromatic (or very close to such).Most of the time it's completely removed by the post-processing, but this isn't as good in long exposures.

https://accounts.google.com/ServiceLogin?service=youtube&uilel=3&passive=true&continue=https://www.youtube.com/signin?action_handle_signin=true&app=desktop&hl=en&next=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3D6tNWBuZkcJk&hl=en

lens distortion from the multi-element lenses in modern cameras, reflecting back to the glass cover, then forming this pattern. It's called "Newton's Rings" and only seen when light is monochromatic (or very close to such).Most of the time it's completely removed by the post-processing, but this isn't as good in long exposures.
This was my first thought that all those photos came from digital cameras and especially from phones camera. So a bias can be introduced due to the lens quality and the treatment done by those phones.

The ideal would have been to have raw photos without traitement, from digital reflex cameras and from analogue cameras of the same point of the sky to compare.

Another thought I had, was about dust present in the sky.
(Joe) What about the missile test earlier this month that was allegedly by the Russian navy that was seen over Norway. Was it a missile?
A: Yes
Q: (Joe) A normal, run of the mill, standard missile?
A: Yes. What was not normal was the atmosphere.
Q: (Anart) That's from dust from incoming rocks or debris.
A: Yes

But it was forming a spiral:
1728809824494.png

So I vote for @EmeraldR explanation.

If you don't have time to watch the video, it's about circles appearing in aurora photos of the last CME:

1728809408632.png

1728809432464.png

And AI summary:
The provided text is a summary of an unusual geomagnetic storm event. The key points are:

1. A large CME (coronal mass ejection) from Comet Atlas caused a G4 geomagnetic storm.
2. The storm resulted in spectacular auroras visible for over 18 hours across multiple hemispheres.
3. Many viewers reported seeing strange circular formations or rings in the sky during the event.
4. Photos and videos were shared from various locations showing these unusual ring-shaped anomalies, which some speculated could be caused by an electromagnetic pulse interacting with Earth's atmosphere.
5. The storm also coincided with increased earthquake activity, including a 6.2 magnitude quake off Costa Rica.
6. The summary mentions ongoing monitoring of seismic activity at Yellowstone and power outages in Maine due to high winds.

Overall, the text describes an intense geomagnetic event that caused striking natural light displays and sparked public interest and speculation about its causes.

Back
Top Bottom