Loud booms in Upper Silesia, Poland

Kosma

Jedi Master
FOTCM Member
Hi, just want to share as I'm now reading and writing on this forum I've just heard a third loud explosion in my neighbourhood this evening. Yesterday was the same, and on friday evening I've seen a few falling meteors on the sky while observing it only about 15 minutes, despite the night sky here is very bright as I'm living in densely populated city area.

That sounds strange (no pun intended), could you check local and bigger news papers for example if they reported anything and asking neighbors too? Or even calling officials could be an idea.

Ok i will look around, but you know - the fact, that it's a big city not much people might pay attention to uknown sources of sounds as these weren't glass-shaking explosions, however I've heard how my neighbours from floor above suddenly reacted to these noises and my brother living next to me confirms hearing them too. There wasn't any applicable source for these bangs in my and his opinion and they've sounded just like described and showed on the videoclips posted on sott.

And of-course I realize it's not a detailed meteor report for the front page :P It's a shame I didnt turn cam on after 3rd explosion, will try next time and maybe we will have a better insight to this. Later on I didn't hear more booms nor any was recorded

Kosma said:
Hi, just want to share as I'm now reading and writing on this forum I've just heard a third loud explosion in my neighbourhood this evening. Yesterday was the same, and on friday evening I've seen a few falling meteors on the sky while observing it only about 15 minutes, despite the night sky here is very bright as I'm living in densely populated city area.

I'm not sure about the loud explosions, but a bright fireball seen on the 24th (Saturday) at 22:14 has been reported in a Polish forum starting here:

_http://astropolis.pl/topic/45250-noc-spadajacych-gwiazd/page-5#entry539917

It was a bright green-white fireball flying low over the horizon at medium to low speed with a trail. It disintegrated with reddish sparks showing in the trail. From what they say, it didn't belong to the Camelopardalids meteor shower due to its different direction and timing. No accompanying sound reported though.

Back
Top Bottom