Lowest prices for seeds and plants online

SlavaOn

Jedi Master
Hello.

Hopefully, this will help to save some $$$. I found the site/catalogue from HenryFields.com has the lowest price for seeds and plants. A lot of heirloom types...

This coupon/code (0612676 ) gave me $25 off of $50 purchase. Which, basically, turned a price of $1.40 packet of seeds into $0.75
This order ran me $37 total (including shipping):

Qty Ordered Item Number Item Description Delivery Estimate

1 11984 LETTUCE HEAD ITHACA PKT
1 12084 CANTALOUPE HONEY ROCK PKT
1 73877 KALE RED RUSSIAN PKT
1 75744 RUTABAGA LAURENTIAN PKT
1 12200 ONION WALLA WALLA SWEET PKT
1 11485 WILDFLOWER ALL-PERRENIAL MIX PKT
1 11559 POLE LIMA BEAN KING OF GARDEN PKT
1 11575 BUSH BEAN TOPCROP PKT.
1 11587 BEAN BUSH GOLDEN BUTTERWAX PKT-2 OZ
1 11595 POLE BEAN BLUE LAKE 2 OZ
1 11639 BEET PERFECTED DETROIT DARK RED PKT-400
1 11689 CARROT TENDERSWEET PKT
1 11935 OKRA CLEMSON SPINELESS 80 PKT
1 11887 CUCUMBER SLICING STRAIGHT EIGHT PKT
1 11928 SPINACH BLOOMSDALE LONG STANDING PKT
1 12000 LETTUCE HEAD BUTTERCRUNCH PKT
1 12031 SUNFLOWER MAMMOTH GRAY STRIPE 1 OZ
1 12052 PEANUT IMPROVED VIRGINIA 1 OZ
1 12103 WATERMELON CRIMSON SWEET PKT
1 12502 RADISH SAXA PKT
1 12544 RADISH GERMAN GIANT PKT
1 12621 TOMATO RED PEAR PKT
1 64019 SWEET CORN GOLDEN BANTAM HYBRID PKT
1 74120 CUCUMBER PICKLING NATIONAL PICKLING PKT
2 77030 PEA NORTHFIELD PKT
1 80930 HENRY FIELD'S BENEFICIAL BUG BLEND PKT
1 83418 PEA NOW OR LATER PKT
1 11482 WILDFLOWER BIRD & BUTTERFLY MIX PKT
1 65003 SWEET PEPPER SWEET BANANA PKT
1 64670 SWEET PEPPER CORNO DI TORO ROSSO PKT
1 12566 TOMATO DELICIOUS PKT
1 64714 TOMATO PERSIMMON PKT
1 94739 SQUASH SUMMER ROMANESCO PKT
1 94740 TOMATO AMISH PASTE PKT
1 96832 TOMATO BANANA LEGS PKT
1 96874 WILDFLOWERS NORTH AMERICAN VALUE MIX PKT
1 96878 ROMAN CHAMOMILE PKT

This is great. Thanks for the link SlavaOn, I was just getting ready to look for a good seed website and this seems like a good start.

I agree, thanks, although I'm stocked up on a number of things. I'll add it to my bookmarks, for sure. Out of curiosity, are you planning on growing all of those varieties this season, are you stockpiling for preparedness or trade, both, or is it a more nonlinear decision? ;D

I must say I'm quite tempted to try some tomatoes again this year, as they were one of my greater successes last year (my first garden), but they are space-hungry and questionable in terms of diet, and growing things again and again can be a risk, especially given that I suspect my soil came with some fungal disease in it (red edges on the outer strawberry leaves before they dry up - fusarium?).

HowToBe ,you can grow tomatoes in large terracotta or plastic pots!, and it makes easier to deal with fungus too

Wodnik said:
HowToBe ,you can grow tomatoes in large terracotta or plastic pots!, and it makes easier to deal with fungus too
I'm considering that option, since I have some extra PVC plastic (I think, haven't checked) buckets that some cat litter came in. I definitely need to move the mint that the previous owners planted into a container or two, because that stuff really spreads (as many know)! My main struggle is trying to find a soil that is both cost effective and as organic and healthy as I can manage. I've started a compost pile to help with that, but I still need something to form the mineral component of the soil. My preference is to start a raised bed with new quality soil, since this is an old house and I don't trust the existing soil for lead contamination, and there are pieces of concrete, rock, and the occasional piece of shingle, plastic, and I even found an electrical component once.

Hello.

Last year I planted various plants from seedlings - peppers, tomatoes, squashes, etc. And I saved a lot of seeds.
This year, I have built a hot house on a base of a discarded server rack and plan to grow my own seedlings. Alas, I was not able to locate a box with seeds from last year's harvest :( It is packed somewhere deep in a storage unit, so I gave up on finding it and bought the new seeds).

I am growing as much as I could. A fresh vegetables for the table. The taste is excellent. Organically grown food is healthy. And it saves money for something else... The excess of tomatoes, cucumbers and peppers I will pickle.

Yes, I confess, I am a prepper too... I mill my bread on a granite slab :) Nothing tastes like pancakes from stone ground buckwheat!

Sincerely,
SlavaOn

HowToBe said:
Wodnik said:
I'm considering that option, since I have some extra PVC plastic (I think, haven't checked) buckets that some cat litter came in.
A quick note: I said PVC, but the buckets are actually HDPE (plastic #2), which is "considered to be safe" if you trust the mainsay. PVC is not advised due to chemicals it leaches into the soil.

Back
Top Bottom