Mars - Journey Though the Buttes - Murray Buttes

NancyYvonne

The Force is Strong With This One
Since my last post, I decided to find better pictures to post. I had collected quite a few when I came across this gigapan stitched together by Neville Thompson MSL 1450 M100 N-SE PDS.

1.png

The area below the butte on the right was very close to the camera, so the objects are much clearer. I believe most of the debris fell from the butte and slid or rolled down the slope.

2.png

3.png

Starting on the left side of the area below the butte, I have circled items of interest so that you can locate them if you wish to see them for yourself at the website. There a lot of artifacts on this slope, but I have had to pare it down.

4.png

Starting with this big blue block, part of the interior is exposed to show layered rock. The exterior appears to be coated with a plaster like substance that is tinted blue. I have seen tinted rocks on other images, many of them broken to expose the original color of the rock, but most of them did not have a thick layer of this plaster type coating on them. In a later picture I will show you what I believe to be the other piece to this rock which is further to the right and up.

5.png

Next is a coated layered rock with what appears to be a weathered statue behind it.

6.png

Another coated rock.

7.png

I know it's not clear, but this appears to be a relief.

8.png

Further to the right.

9.png

This looks like a hand.

10.png

I believe this is the underside of the other part of the big blue rock.

11.png

Another relief

12.png

And another

13.png

This looks like an arm to me.

14.png

I found this one interesting.

15.png

16.png

17.png

And then there is this big blue and white fellow.

18.png

Another out of focus relief and layered rock.

19.png

Top part of a coated rock.

20.png

More pictures are in part two.

Last edited by a moderator:
Further to the right on the slope there are more items of interest.

21.png

More coated rocks with relief barely visible.

22.png

I have no idea what this is, but it sure is interesting.

23.png

Like all of the other artifacts, you really need to go to the website and zoom in as far as you can. You will see fine details on them like there are on this fine example.

24.png

Another blue rock with relief on it.

25.png

A lot of interesting things in this picture, but look at that rectangular block.

26.png

Further to the right.

27.png

This looks like the top part of a large wall.

28.png

Artifact with a straight side had buried in sand.

29.png

This one is kind of special.

30.png

The last of the lower right pictures.

31.png

Another rock with relief.

32.png

A large blue rock with a relief laying beside it.

33.png

Another large blue rock with possible relief on the side.

34.png

I won't comment on what I see on this one as I would like to hear what you see, to confirm what I think I am seeing.

35.png

Another thick layered rock with possible relief.

36.png

A broken layered rock with relief and brown tinted rock in background.

37.png

Closeups

38.png

39.png

Continue on to part 3 for more images.

This is the last post on the artifacts on the slope below the butte. The next pictures are further up the slope starting on the right side.

41.png

A lot of different shaped debris in this picture.

42.png

Detail on long blue rock.

43.png

Fragment to the left of blue rock.

44.png

Okay, I'm going to stop calling them rocks. This is a detailed wall with many layers showing. Up on the left corner it looks like a giant hilt to a sword.

45.png

Another good view of the debris field.

46.png

Closeups

47.png

This one looks more gray.

48.png

Another layered wall.

49.png

I am including three pictures of this one and would love to hear your thoughts on it.

50.png

Reversed

51.png

Closeup, I know it is not very clear.

52.png

Some more debris right below the butte.

53.png

Closeup

54.png

Further to the left.

55.png

Collapsed walls

56.png

Part of a column?

57.png

The left side of the butte

58.png

More fallen wall

59.png

And this concludes my post, I can do one on the butte above, if there is interest. The other butte is also interesting, but is not as clear. I hope people will take a look at the gigapan as there are so many artifacts in it.

Since my last post, I decided to find better pictures to post. I had collected quite a few when I came across this gigapan stitched together by Neville Thompson MSL 1450 M100 N-SE PDS.

View attachment 35791

The area below the butte on the right was very close to the camera, so the objects are much clearer. I believe most of the debris fell from the butte and slid or rolled down the slope.

View attachment 35792

View attachment 35793

Starting on the left side of the area below the butte, I have circled items of interest so that you can locate them if you wish to see them for yourself at the website. There a lot of artifacts on this slope, but I have had to pare it down.

View attachment 35794

Starting with this big blue block, part of the interior is exposed to show layered rock. The exterior appears to be coated with a plaster like substance that is tinted blue. I have seen tinted rocks on other images, many of them broken to expose the original color of the rock, but most of them did not have a thick layer of this plaster type coating on them. In a later picture I will show you what I believe to be the other piece to this rock which is further to the right and up.

View attachment 35795

Next is a coated layered rock with what appears to be a weathered statue behind it.

View attachment 35796

Another coated rock.

View attachment 35797

I know it's not clear, but this appears to be a relief.

View attachment 35798

Further to the right.

View attachment 35800

This looks like a hand.

View attachment 35801

I believe this is the underside of the other part of the big blue rock.

View attachment 35802

Another relief

View attachment 35803

And another

View attachment 35804

This looks like an arm to me.

View attachment 35805

I found this one interesting.

View attachment 35806

View attachment 35807

View attachment 35808

And then there is this big blue and white fellow.

View attachment 35809

Another out of focus relief and layered rock.

View attachment 35810

Top part of a coated rock.

View attachment 35811

More pictures are in part two.
Over whelming and awesome.
A blue structure would stand out against the red/brown surface so an architect had to have been on the team.

Back
Top Bottom