Matt Le Tissier, a sportsman who gets it.

SlipNet

The Living Force
In my web searching I found this interview with former footballer Matt Le Tissier. I have to say, in my 40 years of watching football few came close to the genius of this man, he was uncannily skilful. In this interview he talks about his battles with his employers Sky Sports over his distaste for BLM, and propaganda from the MSM. He talks also about the covid lockdowns and the hypocrisy of the elites while this was unfolding. He's unusual in British sport in that he clearly thinks about things rather than merely reacting to external stimulus, Well worth a listen.

Thanks,

I will watch it, but the first few minutes sound rather interesting! so good find.

And it is refreshing to hear a football player with some brains, nothing against football players, but... they're not the brightest, for the most part.

I'm quite convinced a lot of premiership players and pundits know it's a scam but just don't have the courage of Le Tissier.

I've seen accounts of a few in the England National Team not playing ball with the agenda. For a brief moment it looked like the media was going to start naming and shaming but they appeared to pull back last minute - it's interesting because in places like Germany they hounded some players e.g. Kimmich from Bayern.

I expect the EPL and England players weren't named and shamed as that was going to be a losing war. Ultimately you can't force people to do stuff they don't want to do - shaming only goes so far before it becomes undeniable bullying.

Footballers are a strange breed in our world. They have about a 15 year career where they try to achieve as much as they can while making a whole wad of cash. Many are multi-lingual, so they've clearly got some sort of brain going on inside. But they're a conservative bunch in the main, and are reluctant to rock the boat they're riding in, as it's a very good life thank you very much!

But political correctness is rife in the game, as is virtue signalling. Despite the game being a very cut-throat thing, with fouling, cheating and simulation having become the norm since the early 90's. This was a reaction to the very aggressive football of the 70's, when skilful players were having lumps kicked out of them by hard defenders. It just went too much the other way, an over-reaction to violence which almost made the game a non-contact sport. So these guys know a thing about "bullshit", and lying, deceiving.

I agree that many in the game can see this BS, but they're happy just playing the game and counting the coin.

My wife is a nurse and didn’t want the jab. She contemplated going down the faking it route, her cousin’s boyfriend is a professional football player (not premier league) and offered to put her in contact with a doctor who’d fake the jab certificate. By all accounts there was a very high number of players who faked it.
Thankfully my wife didn’t go down that path and stood her ground and the government eventually backed down ( for now).

Back
Top Bottom