Mayan Ruins, Pyramids - Belize, Chan Chich Lodge

I visited Altun-ha in Belize, maybe 25 years ago. I think this is one of the smaller sites. From the top of the highest mound I could see very far over the jungle canopy. Everywhere, in every direction I looked, I could see little areas of raised trees off in the distance, pretty well spaced all over. I'm guessing these sites are also ruins, but yet unexplored.

I visited Altun-ha in Belize, maybe 25 years ago. I think this is one of the smaller sites. From the top of the highest mound I could see very far over the jungle canopy. Everywhere, in every direction I looked, I could see little areas of raised trees off in the distance, pretty well spaced all over. I'm guessing these sites are also ruins, but yet unexplored.
I think so. I've seen the same thing at Becan and Calakmul when I got to the top of the structures. The whole jungle areas look flat from vantage points except for these symmetrical mounds popping up in the distance. The scale of the Mayan world before 1000 AD (or at least we'll stick with that time line fro now) is impressive.

Here's a short article outlining the known ones - probably thousands more out there. But as before, there aren't mass graves. Just all abandoned cities...

For all my time at the sites except one, nothing negative has hapened or come into my thoughts. I'm not a very sensitive person, but I try to pay very close attention to everything around me. As Puma mentioned above, the overwhelming feeling is peace, wonder and nostalgia. The only time I felt "darkness" was in 2002 when we visited Chichen Itza. This was before they closed off the Temple of Kukulcan to tourists ascending it. The steps are very steep and many people get vertigo before getting to the top.
This statement reminded me of the wonder I felt for the most part of discovering this beautiful garden in the wild. I'm sensitive, but not too fearful when faced with spirits and such. I've held hands of lovers, friends and acquaintances who I realized in the moment were not necessarily speaking from their usual state, perhaps being a channel or conduit of another. But I will say, not too far from this jungle there are some plains which have been settled by some Mennonites (maybe Amish) who migrated down from Canada I was told. They rode around in buggies and carried on as if they were living 100 years ago - however a few of them opened up to me that they had some recreational equipment like jet-ski's in their barns. The contrast between the natural reverence in the lodge versus the contrived was markedly different. At one point in an industrial compound I was surrounded by a group of young men raised in this cult-setting (so it seemed to me) and I could feel the misdirected rage pointed at me (I being the figurehead that had been designated to assess the possibility of completing a major project in the area that would bring them abundance).

Attachments

• belize old school.png
    belize old school.png
    3.7 MB · Views: 6
the builders had mad engineering knowledge of sound and limestone. The corbeled arches have this weird effect of pushing silence around you. Everything is sonically tuned.
I had to go back and highlight this comment because throughout my life I've had some connection to sound and felt it had potentially more significant power than we commonly recognize in modern day - whether it be utilized for movement of large objects or expression/influence/connection between human beings.

But I can't quite put my finger on it ... find myself drawn back to these places in nature where sound resonates. It's clear that some original artists have found sounds that move and influence masses of human beings. The same could be said for visual art and even film. Much of the power of these seems to have been hijacked by capitalism, the ad-men, for political or business advantage. The violence of the competition and the reality of the ball games where, correct me if I'm wrong, the losers had the hearts extracted as living sacrifices - creates an intrigue. The possibility of dormant spirits being trapped in these remains is indeed potentially a source for an energetic draw - possibly similar to the feeling I have from my youth, mowing the grass over a small family grave yard of 30-40 mostly Native American Indians.

Back to the matter of sound ... Perhaps there was another period of history where matter operated under different principles than we now experience. I think I read of a story LKJ told of a man in Florida who would move large masses of stone with sound, but was secretive about his method.

Back
Top Bottom