Maybe someone can lookup this flick's name (HBO in Chile last Sunday)

I saw a movie on HBO last Sunday night in my hostel room in Viña del Mar, Chile whose basic theme was a man who is able to go directly back in time from reading passages in his childhood journal and consciously modify events to change the present. He keeps on going in this circle as each outcome is way far from optimal for his, his mother's and his lifelong friends' welfare. Fascinating and timely subject matter after reading SOTT and what the lizzie bad boys are up to. Anyone know the title of this flick?

Also, I find it odd and intriguing that the thought provoking themes from the Matrix and films like the above seem to be a lot more widespread within the mainstream media today than ever before in my four plus decades of life. SOTT completed the final pieces of the puzzle for me an older Gen Xer. I wonder how many others have also experienced this revelation?

It's called The Butterfly Effect. I liked it. Here is the IMDB entry link and plot summary for those who haven't seen or heard of it:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0289879/

Genre: Drama / Sci-Fi / Thriller

Tagline: Change one thing, change everything.

Plot Outline: A young man (Kutcher) blacks out harmfull memories of significant events of his life. As he grows up he finds a way to remember these lost memories and a supernatural way to alter his life

Evan Treborn grows up in a small town with his single working mom and his friends. He suffers from memory blackouts where he suddenly finds himself somewhere else, confused. Evans friends and mom hardly believes him, thinking he makes it up just to get out of trouble. And it does seem to always happen something bad during these blackouts. Something that makes his friends depressed and violent. As Evan grows up he has less of these blackouts until he seems to have recovered. Since age of seven he has written a diary of his blackout moments as a kind of therapy. One day at college he starts to read one of his old diaries, and suddenly a flashback hits him like a brick!

Back
Top Bottom