Mentoring

Adobe

The Living Force
FOTCM Member
During Alex Collier’s presentation last September at the Awake and Aware conference in LA he brought up the subject of Mentoring, as in, are we ready to be mentored. This would be by Alien as well has human mentors. This word buzzed around awhile amongst the attendees….it weirded me out.

During the late seventies I was in the structure of a Christian non-denominational church, and we had issues with “thought to be” cults, loss of people to the teachers, deprogramming procedures etc. We also had a kind of mentoring within the church structure e.g. setting a father with an stable life with a young man just starting a family to have time together each month, but this was very fluffy and without much content. Having said this I’m not completely ignorant of mentoring process as well as people giving life and money to groups to “lead” them.

Castaneda (or Don Juan, if real) certainly did teach mentoring….to the point of using the mind altering substances…..extreme to say the least, but Carlos and or Don Juan were surely on a path of putting oneself into the hands of a wiser person for development. Gurdjieff talks of there being no way up the stairway to “the way” without placing yourself into the hands of a person who has already become free of the law of accident…..ok, that would be mentoring.

Today we have the possibility of STS Alien and or human types showing up in the sky or from the earth to “help” “teach” etc. leading to the submission of free will. Also I would imagine it’s possible for Nordics/other types STO also showing up with assistance…..mentoring? And a sandblasting of disinformation coming in from everywhere at the present moment. I think daily of discernment and intuition in navigating the present and near future world.

Forgive me at the moment I can’t find the location, but in Laura’s communication with the Cs it's discussed a time after the 4D shift, there would be a Christ or christs teaching while the STS’s were still around (correct me if I’m wrong on that)….if this is the case, can I, should I, would I “give all you have to the poor and come follow me”.

I have been working this salvation out by myself for decades, I’ve gotten used to it. Except for this forum, and books, I’m still working it out alone. If you asked me today do you want to be mentored…I would politely answer no thank you…it weird’s me out. Is there a time in the future that I should change my opinion….? Dunno yet…..

Maybe my resistance to being lead or controlled by another person is the chanting to the little “I”s screaming NO! But I like to think it’s the protecting of my free will. In submitting to a teacher is free will given up or is one assessing each situation and agreeing to cooperate?

Comments welcome.

Adobe said:
Today we have the possibility of STS Alien and or human types showing up in the sky or from the earth to “help” “teach” etc. leading to the submission of free will. Also I would imagine it’s possible for Nordics/other types STO also showing up with assistance…..mentoring? And a sandblasting of disinformation coming in from everywhere at the present moment. I think daily of discernment and intuition in navigating the present and near future world.
Yes, discernment is the key. But the level of discernment does seem to depend on the level to which one has freed oneself from subjective illusions which is achieved through doing the Work which in turn needs external guidance.
Recognizing false teachers is a big topic and there are many threads in the Channel Watch & New Age COINTELPRO board on this. In general, it seems the application of the saying "by their fruits you shall know them" is a good starting point.

[quote author=Adobe]
Maybe my resistance to being lead or controlled by another person is the chanting to the little “I”s screaming NO! But I like to think it’s the protecting of my free will. In submitting to a teacher is free will given up or is one assessing each situation and agreeing to cooperate?

Comments welcome.
[/quote]
The 4th Way is easier on the student in the sense that it does not ask for blind faith. One is asked to verify things for oneself using one's own faculties. It teaches a person "how to think" rather than "what to believe".
[quote author=ISOTM]
" [T]he fourth way differs from the other ways in that the principal demand made upon a man is the demand for understanding. A man must do nothing that he does not understand, except as an experiment under the supervision and direction of his teacher. The more a man understands what he is doing, the greater will be the results of his efforts. This is a fundamental principle of the fourth way.
[/quote]
Based on this principle of understanding, if one comes to the realization that he does not have free-will to begin with, then it may be easier to submit oneself to the experiment of obedience to the teacher. It seems that as one progresses on the path of self-observation and self study, there comes a time when one is faced with this chilling realization of nothingness. At that point, the little i's under the control of the predator's mind go into overdrive and come up with very convincing rationalizations regarding the worthiness of the self, the lack of understanding on the part of the teacher/network etc. The goal of the predator's mind is to ensure sleep by cutting off the primary source of B influences (esoteric influences helping a person to wake up) in the form of the teacher/network. This is a very real situation and apparently many otherwise outstanding individuals have fallen prey to this false sense of self-importance at a critical juncture of their evolution.

[quote author=ISOTM]
Renunciation of his own decisions, subordination to the will of another, may present insuperable difficulties to a man if he had failed to realize beforehand that actually he neither sacrifices nor changes anything in his life, that all his life he has been subject to some extraneous will and has never had any decisions of his own. But a man is not conscious of this. He considers that he has the right of free choice. It is hard for him to renounce the illusion that he directs and organizes his life himself. But no work on himself is possible until a man is free from this illusion. "He must realize that he does not exist; he must realize that he can lose nothing because he has nothing to lose; he must realize his 'nothingness' in the full sense of the term.
"This consciousness of one's nothingness alone can conquer the fear of subordination to the will of another. However strange it may seem, this fear is actually one of the most serious obstacles on a man's path. A man is afraid that he will be made to do things that are opposed to his principles, views, and ideas. Moreover, this fear immediately creates in him. the illusion that he really has principles, views, and convictions which in reality he never has had and never could have. A man who has never in his life thought of morality suddenly begins to fear that he will be made to do something immoral. A man who has never thought of his health and who has done everything possible to ruin it begins to fear that he will be made to do something which will injure it. A man who has lied to everyone, everywhere, all his life in the most barefaced manner begins suddenly to fear that he will be made to tell lies, and so on without end. I knew a drunkard who was afraid more than anything else that he would be made to drink.
"The fear of being subordinated to another man's will very often proves stronger than anything else. A man does not realize that a subordination to which he consciously agrees is the only way to acquire a will of his own."
[/quote]

Waking up involves seeing oneself and the world objectively. We can learn about the external reality by sharing observations, discussing research done by others and thus approaching a consensus view. The external reality is easier to discuss till it stays impersonal and does not trigger any strongly emotional responses. In this type of discussion, one defers to experts and others who have studied a particular field more than oneself usually without worrying too much about losing one's free will. When one goes to study an academic subject, one usually has no problems with the concept of a teacher or mentor who knows more about the subject. Problem comes when one is looking inward.
The way that one gets to see one's own self objectively is by "mirroring". The mirror has to be unbiased - otherwise it will not reflect back the true image. Mouravieff talks about a "living mirror" in gnosis book 2.
[quote author=Gnosis Book 2 page 184]
A group of disciples containing all three basic types of exterior men and within these three types, representatives of the six variations corresponding to the six sectors of the lower centers, when they are already quite advanced, formed what is called a living Mirror.
Directed by an Elder and faced with this living Mirror during a meeting, the neophyte becomes transparent. He is seen in every aspect or facet of his psyche.
Although socially speaking, this may be a disagreeable trial, from the esoteric point of view it is a most useful opportunity, where he can try and gather precious information about himself, information that he sorely needs at the beginning of his work.
[/quote]
This forum sometimes provides this mirror. Along with this mirror, there is a gentle mentoring here as well. I find this impersonal format of interacting from across different corners of the globe in cyberspace while doing the most intensely personal work of self-transformation quite fascinating. Anyway, a network composed of people who are doing the Work and are further along the path is indispensable for seeing oneself objectively.
Life events also throw up a mirror regularly in one's face - but the problem is understanding and interpreting the message accurately. I had read somewhere that no one is without a teacher - if no "body" is around, life itself is the teacher who is always present. But for most, the "life teacher" is particularly difficult to understand and one needs the help of a like minded network to learn the lessons presented by life with a lower degree of suffering.
Just my thoughts fwiw - sorry for being somewhat scattered and disjoint

Adobe said:
Forgive me at the moment I can’t find the location, but in Laura’s communication with the Cs it's discussed a time after the 4D shift, there would be a Christ or christs teaching while the STS’s were still around (correct me if I’m wrong on that)….if this is the case, can I, should I, would I “give all you have to the poor and come follow me”.

I don't think the one implies the other. I'm familiar with the reference you mention, but in my mind, I was seeing this "Christ" figure communicating across what's left of electronic media after a disaster, and people would really have to initiate their own contact. I don't understand where the idea “give all you have to the poor and come follow me” comes from in this context, though. There will be too much work to be done where a given person finds himself, osit.

Adobe said:
In submitting to a teacher is free will given up or is one assessing each situation and agreeing to cooperate?

Comments welcome.

I think I see the difficulty, but I'm wondering what "submitting to a teacher" means to you exactly, Adobe. If you have any freewill, I would think it is still there. In other words, you could walk away any time. Also, I would think that due to the fact that no teacher is or can be perfect (otherwise they wouldn't be here), the focus should be less on the teacher as individual, and more on the teacher who has something you want and can give you something you need in order to grow and BE.

First, that would probably mean that you, yourself, have investigated the stuff and made your own determination that there is something about the material offered that you need. Then, you would go to the trouble to prove that you are in a position to benefit from the material, and that you really are interested in learning something.

At that point, 'submitting to a teacher' is no longer an issue, osit, and would probably be no more emotionally traumatic than 'submitting to wearing a microphone' in order to talk to an auditorium full of people; in effect, you're just submitting to the requirements of a situation - bowing your head to the objective reality involved, and simply doing what needs to be done, within the context that exists. That's all really, and you have to do it voluntarily, so that you can experience the responsibility of your choices. :)

Does that help, or just confuse further?

Obviate- I read the channel watch series in the process of training myself to separate the wheat from the chaff, and recognize fruits, and the lack of them. What you’ve explained help define my understand of the teacher process, which I see similarly to you. So it was good to hear some confirmation. I see it as lending oneself to experimentation, learning through the direction of a teacher, but not to the point of giving up free will. Thanks, and no it wasn’t too dis-jointed

Bud – Not too confusing, you’ve been helpful again. My concern had been my free will is mine and should remain mine. Obedient to instruction of a perceived to be wiser one on a subject for experimentation and growth being different situation. Thanks again.

Back
Top Bottom