Mexican Voting System and eventually ...results

mabar

The Living Force
FOTCM Member
It can be useful to read this blog http://mexicotoday.blogspot.com/ on what its going on and this articles of how mexican voting system works.

Tight race puts Mexican system to the testhttp://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/world/wire/sns-ap-mexico-the-count-lh1,1,3249538.story

How Mexico is counting the votes http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060705/ap_on_re_la_am_ca/mexico_vote_review_1

Mexico election too close to call http://www.mercurynews.com/mld/mercurynews/14955498.htm
In one of the most secure voting systems in the world, Mexican citizens go to the polls and submit their voting credentials -- a picture identification card that is matched against the same information and photo in catalogs at the polls.
Once poll workers confirm the identification of voters, they're handed paper ballots and their thumbs are marked in ink to prevent them from voting again. Voters stuff their paper ballots in separate boxes for presidential, national, and local elections.
IFEShttp://www.ifes.org/americas-project.html?projectid=mexicospecial

And it was a lot of work!! I was one of more than 900,000 poll workers on 2 of July.

Its 1:53 am and Im watching the so slowly results that will confirm ...eventually the new elected Mexican President...in the PREP (preliminary results) at the end: PAN 36.38% and PRD 35.34% (but right now that doesn't count) http://prep.eluniversal.com.mx/

What is counting right now is the official counting: IFE is counting the votes registered on the cerfificates of the package (sometimes its required to opened the package and it havd to be couted vote by vote) ...so at two in the morning with the 96.01% of the counted certificates the numbers are: PAN 35.40% PRD 35.78%, just .38 points of difference... http://www.eluniversal.com.mx/noticias.html

...if the AMLO looses we are going to have a lot of PRD bashing...

...one fact that I failed to mention was, that the PAN party is gaining points and the PRD (well its not PRD, its a coalition of 3 partys, the main one the PRD) is loosing points

this is a phtographic ending.... it'll be a nose difference!
If that!

Nice thing PRI will dissapear now.... they will not survive this debacle. Madrazo drowned the PRI and him self in his ambittion. Elba Esther warned about this since long time ago...
This is the funeral of the PRI... a pitty ending for it.

I am going to sleep, or this will give me a heart attack.

At 3:47 am (mexico's time) ... the difference is now .02% and counting ...PAN 35.61% PRD 35.59%(Coalition for the good of everyone or something like that)

Comment:
Mexico's left is especially wary of electoral fraud because it lost a presidential election in 1988 when the government was widely believed to have rigged the vote count.

It is also deeply suspicious of the role in the election of Fox, who it says illegally voiced support for his former energy minister, Calderon.
Add to this the fact that Fox seems to be best buddies with Bush, the White House was cheering for Calderon (a Harvard-educated lawyer and economist), and Bush and his gang are quite skilled at stealing elections, and... well, you do the math.
I did the that math and is not like Mexico as a country has many choices regarding U. S. ...and I have been doing the math the other way around, from my point of view the mexico's mass media were helping AMLO even before the campaign...the helping situations were in the details ...besides maybe you dont know, but AMLO its an ex-priista...and along (many others ex-priistas) with him is Manuel Camacho Solis.

So its like saying: "Mexico's left is especially wary of electoral fraud because they know how it can be done, they lost a presidential election in 1988 when the government was widely believed to have rigged the vote count."

Camacho Sol

mabar said:
I did the that math and is not like Mexico as a country has many choices regarding U. S. ...and I have been doing the math the other way around, from my point of view the mexico's mass media were helping AMLO even before the campaign...the helping situations were in the details ...besides maybe you dont know, but AMLO its an ex-priista...and along (many others ex-priistas) with him is Manuel Camacho Solis.
Hi mabar and Gardener. Are you Mexican? I am, though I'm not living in Mexico at the moment.

I agree with you, mabar. Seen from the outside, it may appear that it's simply that the US wants the "right wing party" to win as opposed to the "left wing party". But that's because the foreign media loose sight of the details (and the devil is in the details!). Such as: AMLO's cozyness with corrupt ex priistas (he approaches Camacho and blames Salinas for the attacks on him!!). Or the fact that his personal assistant was caught on video accepting a large bribe, when he was major of Mexico City. Or the fact that many of his "left wing" proposals are unrealistic and unatainable (such as handing out considerable amounts of free money to the people who earn less). He doesn't want to help the poor; he wants to APPEAR that he will help the poor, I think, and then he will go on and create a new version of the PRI with his buddies.

In my opinion, there's really no "left" or "right" in Mexico. Just different groups of more or less corrupt oligarchs, depending on who you're talking about, holding the flags that they think will benefit them the most.

Having said that, it is possible that the guys in Washington may be wishing that FCH will win, or even pulling some strings, since he is supposed to be the one that will be more open to free markets. On the other hand, if AMLO wins, he will end up dealing with the US. He has no option, and really, I don't think he wants to have an option. I think he's just using the flag of the "left" to get to power, but if he gets there, he will start talking about the "undeniable realities of our world" and say yes to whatever the gringos and big money want.

It's the 'bad guys' vs the 'worse guys'. All pathocrats, though some are worse than others. That applies for Mexico and the rest of the world as well, sadly.

Or so I think.

The one good thing about this election is that the PRI is finally ready to get lost into the Night of History. I don't want to hear anything about that gang of criminals anymore.

Final counting, 15:04 TiMex.
PAN: 35.88%
PRD: 35.31%
In M跩co, the difference between right and left is of 0.57 percent.

Yes I'm mexican.

And I was writting another post around this topic but...
(&%#!!!! Safari and it &%#!!!!Bugs... my last post was eliminated...I'll write tomorrow because its too late now.

apeguia said:
it is possible that the guys in Washington may be wishing that FCH will win, or even pulling some strings, since he is supposed to be the one that will be more open to free markets.
I think that could be the case, Felipe Calderon H. (FCH) in his campaign used adversiting linking AMLO to Chavez and stating than AMLO was a danger to Mexico. Business organizations also run similar ads. I also received many mails about those dangers and hate mails of AMLO. I think those ads worked out well, people who I know vote for FCH just to prevent that AMLO could win, and I think that it worked well because the information or news that most of the mexicans received is that of Chavez conforming the "sudamerican axis of evil" along with Cuba. That

Back
Top Bottom