Monochrome rainbow caught on camera - UK - Birmingham 13th June

Amazing. It looked like a intensely charged bubble below the cloud. Whenever I see the intense blue light in the middle of clouds, I get a feeling that it may be Portal opening. Orb moving out is very interesting.

Wow! That is beautiful, it does look like a rainbow though, although I could be wrong.

I also get the impression that it’s the early evening? The color of the “bubble” looks like the color of the sun as it’s setting.

Wow! That is beautiful, it does look like a rainbow though, although I could be wrong.

I also get the impression that it’s the early evening? The color of the “bubble” looks like the color of the sun as it’s setting.

I would guess it's a rainbow too. Similar footage was posted on Twitter the other day (it may have even been of the same event) giving it a name. I just searched online and apparently:
Monochrome rainbow

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Unenhanced photo of a Red Rainbow, taken near Minneapolis in July 1980

A monochrome or red rainbow is an optical and meteorological phenomenon and a rare variation of the more commonly seen multicolored rainbow. Its formation process is identical to that of a normal rainbow (namely the reflection/refraction of light in water droplets), the difference being that a monochrome rainbow requires the sun to be close to the horizon; i.e., near sunrise or sunset. The low angle of the sun results in a longer distance for its light to travel through the atmosphere, causing shorter wavelengths of light, such as blue, green and yellow, to be scattered and leaving primarily red.[1] In the lower light environment where the phenomenon most often forms, a monochrome rainbow can leave a highly dramatic effect.

Lots of rare and unusual phenomena has been posted on social media by UK residents recently, such as double rainbows and rare cloud formations. In addition to the recent sightings of the noctilucent cloud at much lower latitudes. I would guess these could be signs of Earth's weakening magnetic field, cooling atmosphere, meteor dust, increased cosmic rays, and so on.

Added: Pierre talks about the weakening magnetic field here for anyone that missed it.

Attachments

• 1592473510769.png
    1592473510769.png
    963 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
I would guess it's a rainbow too.

Lots of rare and unusual phenomena has been posted on social media by UK residents recently, such as double rainbows and rare cloud formations. In addition to the recent sightings of the noctilucent cloud at much lower latitudes. I would guess these could be signs of Earth's weakening magnetic field, cooling atmosphere, meteor dust, increased cosmic rays, and so on

Over at MrMMBB333 youtube channel there's a crazy spike of recent double rainbow photos from all over the world, also plenty of rainbows very close to the ground, hence the dome appearance. 'New normal'.

Is it just me or is do I see the clouds and the sky moving jerkily while the rainbow stands still at around 3:00-3:12 in the second video? Might be a fake, and this woman is really laying it on thick.

Back
Top Bottom