My Dinner with Andre

I just watched this movie yesterday and I have to say it's worth the watch. The whole movie is only dialogue, so it might not be up everyone's alley, but I have to say I thoroughly enjoyed it. Knowing nothing at all about the movie while sitting down to watch it, I have to say the beginning had me feeling a bit like "huh? What's all this leading up to?". Around the halfway mark though, the conversation of the film takes on a distinctly 'serious' tone and I think having the background we have on this forum, you will be able to tie many of the ideas discussed into specific ideas shared and discussed on this forum; some of Gurdjieff's ideas (external consideration, last hour of life etc.), organic portals, 'being vs. non-being' just to name a few concepts that came to the forefront of my mind as I was watching.

It's written incredibly well and it certainly provoked very interesting thoughts in me at least. It baffles me how much truth manages to be put into movies without people realizing.

Back
Top Bottom