My Happy Marriage (Anime)

Bluegazer

The Living Force
FOTCM Member
I don't know who here is an anime consumer. Still I think it's interesting to create this thread. I'm watching a series that falls into the category of romantic story or romantic literature.

An unhappy young woman from an abusive family is married off to a fearsome and chilly army commander. But the two learn more about each other, love may have a chance.

The story has supernatural elements, people with psychic abilities. But the important thing is the story between these two characters.

Saw that on Netflix but was reluctant to start because, well, it´s Netflix.... 🤷‍♀️

Tnx for the tip, will take a look when I catch the time. :-)

In the last months, I watched the last 3 movies from this guy: Makoto Shinkai
Your Name (2016.)
Weathering with You (2019.)
Suzume (2022.)

Beautiful, funny, and warm heroes stories, also with supernatural elements.
I especially liked the first one - Your Name - simply beautiful animation and the story of two people who have to overcome a lot of obstacles to be together.

My friends and I Your Name too, it was great—such a throwback! I liked the theme song so much, learned it on guitar :-D.

I don't know who here is an anime consumer. Still I think it's interesting to create this thread. I'm watching a series that falls into the category of romantic story or romantic literature.

The story has supernatural elements, people with psychic abilities. But the important thing is the story between these two characters.
My friends and I saw the first episode of this today—it looks promising.

In our Am-EU reading group we were reading Logocracy, which is about building a new social system that is non-psychopathic in nature and is highly resistant to it. Its themes matched with these two anime that I saw:

• Vinland Saga - One of the best character developments in any media I've ever found. The character starts out as a ruthless viking driven by revenge but changes after the course of the end of the season. Season 2, he learns from his mistakes while carrying out the sins of his past, and becomes someone who strives for peace and unification in a dog eat dog world. He literally embodies the trope of "all saints start out as sinners", which is Pauline in nature. The vibe is so different from the needless bloodshed in season 1, and I'm astounded by the contrast. To find this level of storytelling branch from, and evolve to something that instills a higher purpose despite the backdrop of a seemingly hopeless world was awesome to watch (season 2).
  • Dr. Stone - Modern society suffers a calamity that turns everyone to stone. So much time passes and some people awake from the petrification to a world effectively brought back to the stone age. The main character is a smart and kind individual who has such an up-lifting attitude even during extremely harsh times, sort of like the indomitable happy-go-lucky nature of the Doctor from Doctor Who.

hi @Bluegazer 👋🏻 I read you're from Argentina. I've just made it to the forum today. I am from Argentina also. Is there a way I could get in touch with you outside from the forum? I am confused about all the info and how I ended up here and I guess I might use some Argentinian guidance.

hi @Bluegazer 👋🏻 I read you're from Argentina. I've just made it to the forum today. I am from Argentina also. Is there a way I could get in touch with you outside from the forum? I am confused about all the info and how I ended up here and I guess I might use some Argentinian guidance.

Hi. Welcome to the forum. Sorry, but this request is not possible. Such meetings or events are discouraged. A moderator or administrator will give you further explanation and guidance. It is nothing personal. Just a precautionary measure. :-)

Hi. Welcome to the forum. Sorry, but this request is not possible. Such meetings or events are discouraged. A moderator or administrator will give you further explanation and guidance. It is nothing personal. Just a precautionary measure. :-)
I totally understand

Back
Top Bottom