My king of lumbago

loreta

The Living Force
FOTCM Member
In July, I had a really powerful and painful lumbago. Of course, lumbagos are all very painful, but this one was more painful than the others. It came on suddenly, not because I did anything, but because of a build-up of a lot of things. Yet for the past year I've been working hard and taking care of my back, lumbar vertebrae and hips with my yoga classes. I must say I was very surprised!

It was so painful that I could hardly move and had to walk with a cane. And I couldn't lie down, so I slept sitting up for a fortnight, then when I got out of bed the lumbago hit me like a sword in the kidneys. It also turned out that this lumbago had also blocked my intestines. So my stomach felt like I was expecting a 5-month-old baby. I took everything, both for my lumbago and for my intestines. Anti-inflammatory creams, hot baths, DMSO, Romarain alcohol, etc, and then several laxatives for my intestines. But nothing worked, either for my lumbago or my bowels.

For the first time in my life, I decided to go for a massage and I made an appointment with a masseur, who is also my teacher for my self-defence classes and a Master of Tai-chi. This decision to ask a masseur for help is important in this experience of my lumbago because for over 20 years no-one has touched me. I think my yoga classes gave me the chance to become aware of my body, which had been forgotten for so long. The masseur found that my lumbago was very tight, very strong and very heavy. The first massage session was very painful, and my masseur recommended 4 sessions, which I accepted.

Meanwhile, my intestines continued to be blocked and the pain persisted. At my second massage session the pain persisted, I felt less pressure, but the pain didn't go away, and my bowels refused to function. As I said, I took laxatives, which did nothing. I then asked France, our France, for help to see if she could recommend some essential oils for the pain. France is an expert in essential oils. She replied that she would prefer to see me through Zoom and so we met.

This meeting was a turning point for me, a revelation, it's difficult to express how all of a sudden all the drama of my situation went away because I was with someone who understood what I was going through, this pain and everything that surrounded this pain, this unsaid, and France advised me on exercises to do to unblock my intestines, a massage on my stomach and other exercises with a ball for my lumbago and my intestines that I could do standing up because I couldn't lie down. I also did an exercise on my bed so that I could get up without feeling the pain.

With a skeleton she has, a superb little skeleton it allowed me to see my body as if from afar, the marvel of this body that we really completely ignore, its complexity because it is so complex but at the same time perfect in its mystery.

I followed the exercises to the letter (which I will put here below) and for the first time I got out of bed without much difficulty. In fact, France allowed me to make the fear that surrounded this lumbago disappear, and to see this lumbago not as an enemy but as a friend who came to visit me to talk to me and make me say out loud that's enough!

I looked with tenderness at the little skeleton that France showed me, and suddenly I also felt very humble in front of my body, very humble in front of France, very humble in front of this skeleton who seemed to smile at me while showing me, thanks to France, how the hips moved, and the legs and the back. How everything is united, connected. How everything works perfectly. She told me that my intestines had blocked so that the body focused on the lumbago, it was an intelligent reaction of the body. It was this revelation that took away my fear.

It was with France that I knew I could take care of my lumbago and recover. It's difficult to express this feeling of liberation that I felt. And all the love and experience from France.

It's as if the weight I've been carrying for so long slowly slipped away. I also asked my masseur to give me a stomach massage. And then a friend advised me to take sea water, a glass before bed. I also followed her advice.

After a month, my lumbago is no longer and my intestines have started to function. These slowly because when taking laxatives it causes a “lazy intestine”. But it is okay. The intestines allowed me to let go.

I learned a lot with this lumbago, this king-lumbago. I allowed myself to ask for help. I learned that I forgot, for so many years, to take care of myself, energetically. The lumbago king came, allowed me to open a small window in this castle which is my body. And then he allowed me to open other windows, France, my masseur. For longtime I lived in a cold castle, and suddenly it was no longer cold. But I have to open other windows and it will come.

Of course my lumbago, king or not, is not comparable to other health problems that some members of the forum suffer from, more severe and difficult. I also wanted to say that this lumbago, this pain was also filled with fear, filled with the pain of others which we see with sadness, the pain of everything that happens around us, of Gaza, of the madness of these days. Of my intimate life, my emotions, my solitude. All that in this lumbago.

I thank with all my heart the help from France. And I thank this lumbago which allowed me a mirror of myself, painful but also very strong.

My lumbago king taught me to work on the virtue of patience and letting go.

Thank you for listening. Here are the exercises that France advised me to do and which worked.

Back
Top Bottom