My pet peeve of the week.America's oral fixation.

Danny

Jedi
A Dunkin' donuts commercial with a young man crooning about how lunch just ended and dinner is so very far away.Have a coolata
A Taco Bell commercial explaining what to do for that layover between Dinner and Breakfast.Oh no folks it's not just a late night snack anymore.We've graduated to another,(4th) meal!
A McDonald's commercial:A man sounding like a radio traffic reporter explaining the tie-ups and delays in a grocery store ("looks like a spill in aisle#4.Stock boys are enroute now.")What is the alternative to back ups in the stores?Why, take the kids to Mickey Dees of course!Much better decision.:P
Betcha cant eat just one.Once you pop,you can't stop.Snap into a slim jim.Leg'go my eggo.And nobody better lay a finger on my butterfinger.
And then there are the burning questions of the basic mindset these days such as:
How many licks does it really take? or What would you do for a klondike bar?(Irealize these examples are a bit dated ,but you get the gist)
It sickens me to see that 99 out of 100 cases of childhood boredom these days is filled with stuffing their faces.Where the hell has the imagination gone??Oh yes.I forgot.That was a pretty cool googly face little Jeffery made with his fruit roll-up.Pin it up on your refridgerator and get him some oreos for doing such a good job on it !
There is ,however ,good news in the nutrition department though here in America.They decided to remove soda vending machines from the school cafeterias.That's just swell.The only problem with that is that they should never have gotten IN in the first place!
At what depths will our moral depravity and need to inhale and ingest everything in sight,reach?
We are only a handful of buffalo wings away from the inevitable next step in ultra-consumerism,folks! That's right!.......The age old family pasttime... the Vomitorium!You are,after all,king of your castle.So why should'nt you be able to binge and purge like our medeival ancestors once did.No longer are the days of being restricted to 4 meals,5 desserts,and a 6 pack of soda a day!And that's not all!As a grand opening campaign blitz,we are offering a "man of the house" special: If you regurgitate 96 ounces or more and can correctly identify it's contents,THE FAMILY PUKES FREE!Kids get a free Billy the Bulemic Baboon action figure too!No purchase neccessary,but who the hell am I kidding.You know you're gonna buy SOMETHING!Coming soon to a feeding trough or food court near you!

-Danny

Hi Danny,
I've been thinking about this recently as well because the FDA has "suggested" that portion sizes be cut down by the restaurants. Knowing how these types of things work I think we can see where this si going to be heading. They are going to try and FORCE you, by way of the law, to eat/drink what THEY say.

That's the root of this whole issue...Just like what happened to smoking. Poison the tobacco and air to make people sick, then FORCE people to stop smoking.

The PTB know that it is hard for people to stop eating junk so they let everyone get "sick" from it. Then, they come in as the savior to "fix"
the problem they helped propogate over and over again. But what will they "suggest" we eat?

Like you mentioned with the soda machines...They should'nt have let them in to begin with!

And the "psychology" of marketing food (and other things as well) has gotten VERY subtle/controlling as they have learned more abotu how to control the masses. For those not aware, they don't realize they have been brainwashed.

Don

Danny said:
We are only a handful of buffalo wings away from the inevitable next step in ultra-consumerism,folks! That's right!.......The age old family pasttime... the Vomitorium!
Hi Danny,

You may have found the solution for a slumping housing market. The Vomitorium related home remodeling impact will drive property values to new heights which will allow owners to take out second, third and fourth mortgages to pay for the gas to make runs to the stores in their Suburbans for those extra buffalo wings.

Dominique.

Hello Don,

I think there is yet another campaign slogan that I think sums up the whole picture here and it was Doritos with Jay Leno simply saying "Crunch all you want.We'll make more.All they care about at the end of the day is the lining in their pockets.You can bet your bottom dollar that the same cretins who mass produce all the choleserol infested,fried goodies you can possibly shovel in our pieholes,have their greaseball hands in making Lipitor(cholesterol reducing meds).That is not fact for those of you who are already looking furiously to debunk false claims.I merely making,a probably not so far from the truth ,example.
Trying to find the root of this problem is like trying to find the root of a Venus flytrap.Here we are on our knees digging in the dirt and all along our heads are tickling the hairs of the mouth of this plant ;) catch my drift?
You needn't look so deep actually.It's all about creating our own reality.I'm sorry if I hurt feelings here or dash anyones' impressions of me, but C'mon folks! A little self will here???If we ourselves as a species or entity or whatever you like to call it,can't choose and regulate our on bodily intakes.What snowballs chance are we to have in other realms and facets of our esoteric lives??
It isn't rocket surgery!

Danny

Danny said:
Hello Don,

I think there is yet another campaign slogan that I think sums up the whole picture here and it was Doritos with Jay Leno simply saying "Crunch all you want.We'll make more.All they care about at the end of the day is the lining in their pockets.You can bet your bottom dollar that the same cretins who mass produce all the choleserol infested,fried goodies you can possibly shovel in our pieholes,have their greaseball hands in making Lipitor(cholesterol reducing meds).That is not fact for those of you who are already looking furiously to debunk false claims.I merely making,a probably not so far from the truth ,example.
Actually, I think that's probably exactly the case - it would follow the design of everything else the PTB does, so why not?

Danny said:
Trying to find the root of this problem is like trying to find the root of a Venus flytrap.Here we are on our knees digging in the dirt and all along our heads are tickling the hairs of the mouth of this plant ;) catch my drift?
You needn't look so deep actually.It's all about creating our own reality.I'm sorry if I hurt feelings here or dash anyones' impressions of me, but C'mon folks! A little self will here???If we ourselves as a species or entity or whatever you like to call it,can't choose and regulate our on bodily intakes.What snowballs chance are we to have in other realms and facets of our esoteric lives??
It isn't rocket surgery!
Odd you'd think this would dash impressions - all you're doing is pointing out an ugly truth, with a nice dose of sarcasm to boot - it works, actually. Ultimately, it's all tied in together - mindless eating, mindless drinking, mindless living, mindless lives - not all orally fixated people are mindless, but I wonder if all mindless people are orally fixated? ;)

Anart says: Odd you'd think this would dash impressions - all you're doing is pointing out an ugly truth, with a nice dose of sarcasm to boot - it works, actually.

Good and thanks.Just testing the waters.There is plenty more where that came from.
I've come to the conclusion that I refuse to sit silently as this planet turns into a veritable turkey farm.Everyone staring in wonder towards the sky,mouths agape as the rain cloud looms above.I'm sure it makes for great viewing in the PTB's show-biz.....Which brings me to another topic altogether...Has anyone gave consideration to the possibility of our sudden fascination with the reality tv in the past few years and that being some sort of a message or hint that in fact what we experiencing here in this realm is actually a higher densities reality show so to speak?..That's for another part of this forum I'm sure and I'll bring it up in it's proper place.

Not every nation has the rates of obesity of the US, but those that have come closest to adopting fast food as a staple part of their diet (esp. 51st state Australia) are approximating it... starting with their kids.

I'm personally not sure that every economic "bad" (eg tobacco, fast food) has a counterpart that is driven by the PTB devising and providing a profitable cure-all or panacea. Any cross-ownership between fast food franchises and pharmaceutical companies is unproven. There are people in the health sector with a mission and genuine passion for reducing the presence of unhealthy things. There are also those who defend the indefensible with such cliches as "people make their own choices what to... (smoke, eat)...". They seem to be different interest groups to me.

So... where would the growth in anti-depressants fit into your picture of the conspiracy?

Hi All,
When I wrote my reply to Danny, I was thinking more along the lines of subtle hyperdimensional manipulation being the cause of a lot of these types of issues. I didn't mean to say that a whole bunch of people got together in a room somewhere and decided "Pssst. Hey, over here. Let's make fries bad for you." I think it is more subtle than that.

Throw in OP's and a psychopath or two, and there ya go. While your average restaurant owner doesn't get maniuplated directly, I'd be willing to bet those at the top do, and it all flows downhill.

Like what has happened to tobacco, and putting Flouride in water.

Don

Danny said:
Good and thanks.Just testing the waters.There is plenty more where that came from.
Danny, the opening post gave me a good laugh - so thanks :)

They are making a movie based on the book "Fast Food Nation" by Eric Schlosser so perhaps that will help some people to wake up and start seeking the truth about what they are eating.

Danny said:
...Has anyone gave consideration to the possibility of our sudden fascination with the reality tv in the past few years and that being some sort of a message or hint that in fact what we experiencing here in this realm is actually a higher densities reality show so to speak?..That's for another part of this forum I'm sure and I'll bring it up in it's proper place.
Heh link me when you do.

If watch Southpark there is an episode, i believe its the first of season 7, but it was on last night and it totally is about "Earth! The Reality Show! We took species from over a 100 different planets and threw them all together on Earth, On Fongol."

Basically cartman has a satellite dish up his bum that malfunctions and the humans discover the truth. Everyone goes nuts because "I'm On TV!!!!!! OMG!!!!" and the network heads (Jewsians) cancel the show and start destroying earth b/c everyone found out thus: its not funny. So Kyle, Stan, Cartman and Kenny goto the network heads to plead the case, end up following them around, and blackmailing them with some embarrassing pictures the next morning.

All in all i watched this whilst tripping once and it blew my mind. I had the realization that our bodies are like TV, in that they let our souls interact with the physical realm. Technically its more like an MMORPG but i think ya'll get the point. But i agree, its "reality television" for anyone who has the ability to step outside themselves and view a situation objectively, just like watchin TV only your life is the show, its on all the time, and you can't turn it off.

Right now im gettin bored, in a hotel in detroit and im stuck here im business.... perhaps i shall wander the streets and see where i end up.

Back
Top Bottom