N. Korea: Sanctions are war declaration

K

katatonically

SEOUL, South Korea - North Korea said Tuesday it considered U.N. sanctions aimed at punishing the country for its nuclear test "a declaration of war," as Japan and South Korea reported the communist nation might be preparing a second explosion. The North broke two days of silence about the U.N. resolution adopted after its Oct. 9 nuclear test with a statement on the official state news agency, as China warned Pyongyang against stoking tensions

http://news.yahoo.com/fc/world/north_korea

katatonically said:
North Korea said Tuesday it considered U.N. sanctions aimed at punishing the country for its nuclear test "a declaration of war,"
which is right, that's exactly what it is: a declaration of war.
but then so is N Korea's stated intention to get armed to the teeth with the same nuclear weapons that UN countries already have.

so, declarations of war all round, then, from all sides. sigh.

sleepyvinny said:
which is right, that's exactly what it is: a declaration of war.
but then so is N Korea's stated intention to get armed to the teeth with the same nuclear weapons that UN countries already have.

so, declarations of war all round, then, from all sides. sigh.
I would not say "exactly". Because if USA or China or Israel or ... gets armed, it is called "defence". But when NK gets armed, it is called "war".

It is a clear case of UN sponsored hypocrysy.

In fact, ambassador of North Korea stated something similar at the UNSC, last saturday (14 October) ... I was wondering why the media wasnt so fussed about it at least until now... I dont know much about North Korea but reminds me of a fire ant colony very, very mad if you dare to disrupt their mount and the US are pretty much doing that...

In this link http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/6058316.stm is the text of the statement by the foreing ministry of North Korea.

The following is the full text of a statement released by the foreign ministry of North Korea, which calls itself the Democratic People's Republic of Korea (DPRK):
...it is just me or the way they are put in it can at certain extent...confused people so they could dismissed what North Korea has to say because of the propaganda, the regime, the special programs on about their way of life...I think that it not help either ("North Korea case") the other news links in blue at that link.

Back
Top Bottom