NAC at night.

SMM

The Living Force
Firstly, I am much better! Miles apart in fact, and I'm so thankful. I started taking pregnenolone a few weeks ago. A huge difference in physical and general wellbeing. Originally I was looking into getting a full hormone panel before taking any, though I think whatever's happening hormonally, has been taking place since my teens! Now I'm like: where has pregnenolone been all these years? A certain sense of having 'lost time/years' off my life because health and wellness were more heavily compromised.

My physical health was improving since June, yet still had symptoms such as post-nasal drip until early September or thereabouts.

More on that later :-)

I took some NAC this evening, around 9 or 10pm, instead of in the morning or daytime, and it's given me insomnia. Usually I fall asleep quite easy and much earlier than this.

I think it's the NAC, searched the forum and net and found nothing specific yet. I'm going to reserve it for mornings. Being a sulphur-containing compound, it makes more sense OSIT.

Well, without an intro and background, this post is rather confusing. However, I take NAC every night before bed and have done for years and it has never interfered with my sleep.

Well, without an intro and background, this post is rather confusing. However, I take NAC every night before bed and have done for years and it has never interfered with my sleep.
Same with me (and I also take it in the morning as well).

I usually take it during the day - i didn't realise you could/should take it at night - but after reading this thread i figured to try it out, and i too didn't notice any negative impact on my usual sleep patterns.

I take NAC every night before bed and have done for years and it has never interfered with my sleep.
Same here. I have been taking NAC+Probiotics+Magnesium glycinate before bed, and I haven't had any problems with my sleep.

Thanks. Some more detail for context is needed.

For background and a reason why pregnenolone might be related: I took NAC/glutathione at night for a 3-6 months period a few years ago and it didn't interfere with sleep. I stopped taking it at night and started taking it every now and then, irregularly - not daily, and not strictly at night.

I took pregnenolone, 50mg, in the morning and NAC, 60mg, at night the evening I posted this. My body temperature rose and it made it difficult to sleep. Later on, I took some glycine which helped. The only change I had made that night out of the whole week was the addition of NAC, after roughly 4 months of not taking any NAC.

It might be a one-off, and something that the body adapts to. I just found it odd how having taken NAC in the evenings/before bed, I'd never experienced or noticed trouble sleeping in the same way before. So, it could be molecular interactions at work there. Maybe I needed the NAC...?

Now I take the NAC and pregnenolone in the morning and iodine and glycine in the evening, which seems to be working out.

Is it worth switching to try it at night again? At the moment, don't fix it if it's not broken rings true. Maybe I could muscle test or dowse for a clearer picture?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom