Neve Shalom/Wahatal Salan

wojorap

The Force is Strong With This One
Hi!
Has anyone heard of Neve Shalom/Wahatal ? I was doing a search on products for a good cause on wwew.peacefleece.com and found this community in Isreal. I have copied some of the text from the website below.

Peace Fleece Supports Neve Shalom/Wahat al Salam
In response to the intensifying conflicts in Israel, Peace Fleece is choosing to support the very courageous village of Neve Shalom/Wahat al Salam, through the sale of the kits shown below. Most of the yarn is a blend of wool from Abul Abed's flock that live next to NS/WAS and wool from the Maine Islands. Peace Fleece is donating all materials and patterns for the kits. All of the sale price will be sent to NS/WAS.
Four times nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize, Neve Shalom/Wahat al Salam ('Oasis of Peace' in Hebrew and Arabic) is a village in Israel established jointly by Jews and Palestinian Arabs of Israeli citizenship. The village is comprised of fifty families that live and work together on a hillside looking out towards the west and the Mediterranean Sea. Abu Abed (left) is shearing sheep while Israeli and Palestinian children look on.

If this is for real I would like to know. Anyone?

Wojorap

Hi Wojorap --

As far as I can tell from poking around on the internet, it seems legitimate -- no red flags that I can see.

Back
Top Bottom