New album of a friend

dredger

The Living Force
Hi All,

I decided to post after having read the last C's transcription of the 18/5/19, particularly after having read that "singing together" is one important thing to do. I'll come back on this below.

In 1997, I was 24, dunno what took me but I wrote 5 song texts in english. It was usual for me to write some poems in french, but never something in english.
It's like a "glitch" in my life.

Since a few years, I have a new friend - he's a childhood friend of one of my cousin. His name is Hervé.
A remarkable person I won't describe here in detail, but 2 aspects about him : he sings since a couple of years and recently formed a small band of 4 musicians. He does a lot of meditation with an international group based/unified on the person of Chögyal Namkhai Norbu, he also organizes group meditation. If I detailed these 2 aspects it's because it's the minimum to understand what follows.

I gave the 5 texts to Hervé 1 good year before, and he put a melody on them rapidly. And with the band he just formed, they decided to work on an album, which was released end of April.
The album is named "Black and White" and I was very proud that they included 4 song based on the text I wrote.
You can hear the full album here on youtube :
Black and White - YouTube

One particularity of the album is that, based on an idea I gave to Hervé, he blessed all the master copies of all the songs with the mantra "padmasambhava". I thought that, as it's possible to "corrupt" the music, as discussed with the C's, it's probably possible to also bless it with positive thoughts ... no ? :)

Personnaly, 2 of the texts I wrote puzzle me nowodays, I try to .. quickly explain ...
When I wrote them in 1997 I was ... nowhere in term of mind opening or general knowledge. I was more like a good little robot. That's why I still wonder how I managed to write them (?).
2 texts among the 5 strongly resonate nowodays. I copy/paste them here with a comment. These are the original ones, they were a little bit changed in the songs.

Go on

"My life is too short", he used to say
No time to sleep, no time to pray
"So many things to learn", life’s brief
Never give up, stand on believe

Projects everywhere
I want to know, to discover
Vast is our world
Short is one’s life work

Take a time to lag behind, to help friends that seem to die
But go on, go in the front
There’re things to do, so many guys to meet and your heart to give

And you need friends, many many
See them always, eternally
It’s good to have relationship
‘cause life dies if no friendship

But don’t fuss with everybody
Profiteers are everywhere
Don’t become dependent of their worries
It’s you first before the others

There’s a gape, what can it be
Something’s missing in this life
What is it, it creates internal injuries
Something’s missing when I live

Gosh, what’s missing is everywhere
What’s missing is written there
It’s sang, thought, said, shouted
Precious love so needed
Let’s say “I love you”
Let’s hear the same for you

I'm surprised to read this text nowodays, and even more when I put this in relation with the work here on the forum, with the C's.
First, the wish to learn, to discover, in relation with the "knowledge" aspect on which the C's insisted so much.
Then in the refrain, the advise to take the time to help the others, to meet others and of course, as I was single at this moment, the love aspect :)
Also, the "life dies if no friendship" sounds also accurate, just read the book of Lynn McTaggart who demonstrated that 1/2 of someone's good health is dependant on your relations.
And last about this text is about the profiteers, or the people in constant need to suck other's energy, which was again discussed in this last C's seance.

The second text :

You leave me now

Inside him a fool is living
Free from the so-called society
He went away, till an empty body
One hundred speed Heart beating

Distances get far, so long
Last landmark is leaving
Bleeding thoughts under control
So fast the soul is turning

So there you go, you leave me now
I did'nt care, when you said that, it was two days, two days before,
you were smiling, you were laughing, I did'nt care
I'm still with you, I'll always be, I've always been

Ones by ones are beaten
Legs and arms turn lazy
Who is this so sweet threat -or- Against this unknown threat
So quick (the) body runs crazy

You look in my direction
You can't recognize my face
Gray clouds are filling the vision
No more reflect from the eyes

Wrapped in my arms
Cold skin animated by sudden start
Even so closed, even between you and me
Death slowly enters your body

Here it's more personal, it's a friend who left us end of January this year, he committed suicide. I did not "talk" to him 2 days before he did it but chatted with him instead, and it was exactly 2 days before ... He was also stuck in drugs/alcool, and I remember that when I wrote this song i had this topic in mind, having a friend in your arms that is dying because of an overdose. This is quite strange because at this period of my life when I wrote this text it was a subject I never approached, I had no experience about, but I wrote this text, and at my personal level I see that as astonishing. I'm confident now that this song was written for him

Sorry if I was long, I just wanted to share this unusual experience.

To terminate : if some of the community want to sing some of these songs (from the whole album, not just the 2 ones described here), please do not hesitate.
I can't much comment the other songs of the album, but about the 2 ones described here, "go on" song is a positive one, and "you leave me know" is maybe a good song to pay tribute to someone who left.
Personally, I would be pleased to learn that these songs are ... used and maybe useful.

Cheers

Back
Top Bottom