New Horizons probe to arrive at Pluto on 14th July 2015

Mikey

The Living Force
Just one day after our Cassiopaea Forum was launched, on January 19, 2006, the New Horizons probe was launched towards Pluto. After 9 years of travel, in just 1 month from now, it is going to send back high quality images from the Pluto system.

Images are still a bit blurry, but the probe still has some considerable mileage to go in the next 31 days:

https://youtu.be/ftZ47euv_lU

http://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/newhorizons/main/index.html

This definitely has the potential to be interesting.
I wonder what the quality of the images will be like.. Guess we'll find out soon enough. :)

Thank you for sharing Data, how time flies.
I can not wait to see images from the Pluto system.

Data said:
Just one day after our Cassiopaea Forum was launched, on January 19, 2006, the New Horizons probe was launched towards Pluto.

I remember that it was by far the fastest launch of any man-made object - kind of symbolic in a way. ;)

From Wikipedia:

New Horizons was launched on January 19, 2006, from Cape Canaveral, directly into an Earth-and-solar-escape trajectory with an Earth-relative speed of about 16.26 kilometers per second (58,536 km/h; 36,373 mph).

It set the record for the highest launch speed of a human-made object from Earth.

casper said:
Thank you for sharing Data, how time flies.
I can not wait to see images from the Pluto system.

Ditto - thanks Data, definitely looking forward to the images of Pluto from New Horizon :)

Mr.Cyan said:
Ditto - thanks Data, definitely looking forward to the images of Pluto from New Horizon :)

Definitely! I wonder what interesting things we may see, like visitors from the Oort cloud, for example.

Keit said:
Mr.Cyan said:

Definitely! I wonder what interesting things we may see, like visitors from the Oort cloud, for example.

Yeah, it will certainly be interesting. If anything too far from official narratives shows up, they may censor it though.

So Pluto was observed close from the New Horizons probe, and its diameter was finally set at 1,473 miles, slightly more that previously thought, and just that bit to surpass in size the biggest dwarf planet know, that of Eris, aka Xena aka 2003 UB313. Quite an achievement.: Pluto is now again the biggest dwarf planet or not-really-a-planet of the Solar system.

Except that the C's set the distant guy at:

Pluto=Opikimanaras 3,666,100,000 miles from Sun 1,864 mi. dia

That's nearly 3000 Km. Still less than the Moon, but quite something anyway, seen also that as a system, Pluto has a 753 mi. big moon (Charon) and 4 other very small moons, from 25 to 5 mi. diameter. The small rock has some energy to share, anyway.

Eventually I would ask the C's about the real mass of the Solar System planets, and their actual magnetic field... Fun would be also to compare the mass of our Moon to that of Pluto's.
It would be fun to know also the real mass of the Sun itself here, just because of it's really liquid metallic hydrogen made at the outer layer, I'd suppose it could be quite a heavier and thicker guy maybe.

Back
Top Bottom