New Interactive Art Complex in Santa Fe, NM

kalibex

Dagobah Resident
On March 17, after nearly two years of construction, the Meow Wolf art complex opened its riotously painted doors and invited the public into its first permanent exhibit, called The House of Eternal Return. Think of it as a walk-in science fiction novel built with milling machines, thermoplastic, and Arduinos. Or maybe it's a cross between Disneyland and a massive, multiplayer, IRL game. Built by 135 artists and makers, the result is a 20,000-square-foot dreamworld where your goal is to figure out why an old Victorian house in Mendocino, California, has become ground zero for a rupture in space-time that’s allowing other dimensions to leak into ours.

:whistle:

_http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2016/04/inside-meow-wolf-the-amusement-park-for-people-who-want-a-weirder-disneyland/_

I really liked it. You start out in a normal home and then find passageways to different worlds. I don't think anything like this has ever been done before. Very imaginative and fun.

axj said:
Very imaginative and fun.

Oh, it sounds great. Just struck by the coincidence of its physical location, given what has been mentioned around here regarding NM's apparent lessening of 'frequency stability'.

axj said:
I really liked it. You start out in a normal home and then find passageways to different worlds. I don't think anything like this has ever been done before. Very imaginative and fun.
been there?

Kalibex thank you very much for this info .... I didn't understand, but have you Kalibex or you axj, been there?

axj said:
Yes, why do you ask?

As I would love to see it .. :) ... as this article just came to me so in time, as we just did a concept for something quite similar, to build a space that will bring this kind of otherworldly experience, but with focus, or how to say, inspired by Tesla ... before known all this stuff with cosmic changes, I will just jump on a plain, but now I am not any more that happy about overseas flights and much travel ... and opinion form trusted community is valuable to me very much ..

So you found it inspiring?

kalibex said:
axj said:
Very imaginative and fun.

Oh, it sounds great. Just struck by the coincidence of its physical location, given what has been mentioned around here regarding NM's apparent lessening of 'frequency stability'.

{snip}
From there, we wandered into the dining room where the interdimensional incident took place. Every wall and corner was warped, the wood rippled like water. Something had torn through here, distorting every solid surface. What happened to this seemingly normal family over dinner? There are a million choices if I want to answer that question. I could explore every room in the house, including a mad scientist’s workshop and the aforementioned toilet whose position directly over the dining room disaster gives it a special vantage point.

Or I could enter another dimension by wiggling under the stairs, walking inside the refrigerator, wandering out a window on the upper floor, or exiting the house through other unexpected portals. Apparently, when the event warped the dining room, it blasted open entrances to an ice cave, an enchanted forest, a Star Trek-like spaceship, and a lot of places too strange to put into words.
{snip}

Yea, for me this article conjures the session where the C's describe some of what it could be like to experience a "trippy" trip through a New Mexico that is affected by 4D bleedthrough on account of the bases. It was said that the prospect of trying to cover-up such an incident is frightening to the N.S.A.; I am not implying that this art exhibit / amusement park is a part of that agenda but I do wonder how such a cover-up would unfold.

4 November 95
{snip}

A: The entire New Mexico region is on verge of moving to 4th density permanently!

{snip}
A: Not that simple... Picture driving to reach New Mexico by car and "skipping" over and arriving in San Diego instead, or... driving to the grocery store in Santa Fe, and winding up in Moscow, instead.

solarmind said:
axj said:
Yes, why do you ask?

As I would love to see it .. :) ... as this article just came to me so in time, as we just did a concept for something quite similar, to build a space that will bring this kind of otherworldly experience, but with focus, or how to say, inspired by Tesla ... before known all this stuff with cosmic changes, I will just jump on a plain, but now I am not any more that happy about overseas flights and much travel ... and opinion form trusted community is valuable to me very much ..

So you found it inspiring?

Yes, and it's kind of difficult to describe what it is. Sort of an imaginitive combination of interactive art and an alternative kind of "amusement" park. Some parts of it are really otherworldly and pretty fun.

trendsetter37 said:
Yea, for me this article conjures the session where the C's describe some of what it could be like to experience a "trippy" trip through a New Mexico that is affected by 4D bleedthrough on account of the bases. It was said that the prospect of trying to cover-up such an incident is frightening to the N.S.A.; I am not implying that this art exhibit / amusement park is a part of that agenda but I do wonder how such a cover-up would unfold.

Well, other than a couple of strange reports years ago, I haven't seen any other indication yet of the New Mexico 4D bleedthrough. Also, I don't know how that exhibit could be a cover-up - it seems to be quite the opposite actually.

axj said:
Well, other than a couple of strange reports years ago, I haven't seen any other indication yet of the New Mexico 4D bleedthrough. Also, I don't know how that exhibit could be a cover-up - it seems to be quite the opposite actually.

Oh, I just meant a cover-up in the sense that in order to distract away from bizarre happenstances one could create something truly unique and strange. I think an amusement park or art exhibit that contain similarities to an actual event, as described by the C's, would suffice. Namely, something that illustrates the inconsistency of reality that may ensue if bleedthrough were to happen at a big scale for the SW region.

That way when an authentic but otherworldly event takes place the locals of that area could attribute the "chatter" of such events to only being another one of those interactive art exhibits vying for publicity. In effect, the exhibit could act as a cover-up if people have a more "down-to-earth" explanation to point to rather than something really strange that demands attention.

trendsetter37 said:
axj said:

Oh, I just meant a cover-up in the sense that in order to distract away from bizarre happenstances one could create something truly unique and strange. I think an amusement park or art exhibit that contain similarities to an actual event, as described by the C's, would suffice. Namely, something that illustrates the inconsistency of reality that may ensue if bleedthrough were to happen at a big scale for the SW region.

That way when an authentic but otherworldly event takes place the locals of that area could attribute the "chatter" of such events to only being another one of those interactive art exhibits vying for publicity. In effect, the exhibit could act as a cover-up if people have a more "down-to-earth" explanation to point to rather than something really strange that demands attention.

I don't think that would work. For one, the art exhibit is confined to a small place. The other thing is that it's still only art and clearly not "otherworldly" as such. If some real high strangeness happened, I don't think anyone would be able to explain it away as an "art exhibit".

trendsetter37 said:
axj said:

Oh, I just meant a cover-up in the sense that in order to distract away from bizarre happenstances one could create something truly unique and strange.

I suspect it's more likely that the artists are 'picking up' on something - they may be tapping into future information, but without realizing it. So what this may be, is an inadvertent 'preview'.

kalibex said:
trendsetter37 said:
axj said:

Oh, I just meant a cover-up in the sense that in order to distract away from bizarre happenstances one could create something truly unique and strange.

I suspect it's more likely that the artists are 'picking up' on something - they may be tapping into future information, but without realizing it. So what this may be, is an inadvertent 'preview'.

I'm thinking along similar lines. I strongly suspect that more than one ancient sage with his talk of 'one mind', 'thought sphere' and so on may have been talking about the information field we all seem suspended in, so to speak. People, especially artists, can somehow tune into whatever, and this whatever, colored with their personal filters, can be expressed through their art in artsy ways that don't have to necessarily reflect the exact whatever they tuned into but it can.

Buddy said:
People, especially artists, can somehow tune into whatever, and this whatever, colored with their personal filters, can be expressed through their art in artsy ways that don't have to necessarily reflect the exact whatever they tuned into but it can.

Exactly. Perhaps some of the people involved thought: 'What if you were here...and then you could suddenly step through a doorway and be somewhere totally different? Wouldn't that be cool?!', and built it into the complex. The unexpected and mysterious isn't automatically 'bad', after all. Time will tell how it all plays out here as it develops...

thank you all for your remarks too ... yep as one artist, since I started to be more practical in the Work through last year, I realize how most of the "artists" are just tapping into something, and than looking how to transmute that experience through the art work, but knowing all what I know today, makes me feel even more suppressed to rush into things ...

in general lately what I do in my art work, that is always related to some kind of storytelling, or in other words to some kind of creation of parallel reality any way, I am glad that now I am truly focused not to mess up with impressions that I don't understand, so in each of acts I do with my colleagues, I always play hard to clarify things, to be as much as possible accurate with what I learned from here ... it is not easy as non of my colleagues are involved in Work, so I can't openly talk about those things, but any way I can't do it differentially now, and that makes me feel safe that at least my intention is not to be a channel for any kind of abuse of other people intention, who will create or observe the art work.

On the other side this kind of "installations" feels quite appropriate, if worked out with appropriate subjects, as a platform to tickle on to things on more gentle way, kind of giving us possibility to talk about those things through metaphorical and iconic language, that is open enough to let other people to take what they understand, and continue they own way ....

I don't know .. but probably I might contact them regarding my work .... but I am still a bit suppressed, as I would like to see it by my self first, to be able to make my own discernment conclusions ... uhm .. but those days I am really not happy to fly over ... but than this place seams to be just so similar in many ways, to what I am doing right now .... and what is even more "wild" is that ideas I created are propelling through producers and partners such a flow of positive and life optimistic energies, that we are all off a sudden getting through all the obstacles of the system at one unbelievable easy way ... at moments it feels scary, as it is in general at the end of the day, all about building a new platform for education and creation, and at the same time debunking the system by "system" money, indeed ...

Back
Top Bottom