New Objective Health Episode: Dr. Chandler Marrs on Vitamin B1 (Thiamine) - Mitochondria's Gateway to Energy

Keyhole

Ambassador
Ambassador
FOTCM Member
Another great interview this week! In this Episode Dr Marrs explains:

‼Thiamine deficiency is VERY common - yet almost always overlooked
💥 INITIAL step in energy metabolism - a block here halts all subsequent reactions
🍰 Refined sugar, carbohydrates, and toxins deplete this essential nutrient
💊 HIGH dose supplementation usually required for kick-starting damaged metabolic systems
👎 Food sources often not sufficient in modern toxic world

This week our resident health experts Elliot Overton and Doug DiPasquale interview Dr. Chandler Marrs on the essential roles of vitamin B1 (thiamine), mitochondrial bioenergetics, and how to stay healthy in our toxic modern world.

Dr. Chandler Marrs is a researcher and writer who holds a PhD in experimental psychology/neuroendocrinology, where the research focus was on female hormones and women’s health. She co-authored the book “Thiamine Deficiency Disease, Dysautonomia, and High Calorie Malnutrition”, and is also the founder of the health website and online journal “Hormones Matter”. In her time as a writer she has written well over 200 articles, and her research has gradually moved over to medication-adverse events, the mitochondria, and examining the roles of nutrition in mitochondrial function.

Bonjour,

Pourriez-vous s'il vous plait me donner le nom de l'éditeur, je ne trouve pas le livre; ni en anglais, ni en français sur Amazone. Merci

Article passionnant et instructif

Bravo

Dominique

Désolée j'ai trouvé en anglais sur Amazon. Dommage il ne semble pas exister de traduction française.
Dominique

Mamibio74, since this is an English forum, would you please translate your posts into English? There are some who use computer generated translators such as DeepL to do this and with great results.

Also, I see you have not introduced yourself on the Newbies board and it would be great if you would do this. Nothing personal is required. Just a bit about how you found the forum, if you have read any of Laura's books and articles, and a bit about things you like if you want. If you are not sure how to do this, you can read other posts on that board to get an idea. Thank you. :-)

Mamibio74, comme il s'agit d'un forum en anglais, pouvez-vous traduire vos messages en anglais ? Il y en a qui utilisent des traducteurs générés par ordinateur tels que DeepL pour le faire et avec d'excellents résultats.

De plus, je vois que vous ne vous êtes pas présenté au conseil d'administration de Newbies et ce serait formidable si vous le faisiez. Rien de personnel n'est nécessaire. Juste un peu sur la façon dont vous avez trouvé le forum, si vous avez lu des livres et des articles de Laura, et un peu sur les choses que vous aimez si vous voulez. Si vous n'êtes pas sûr de la façon de le faire, vous pouvez lire d'autres messages sur ce forum pour vous faire une idée. Je vous remercie. :-)

Traduit avec www.DeepL.com/Translator

I have recently begun supplementing with Allithiamine from Ecological formulas after watching this interview and reading the website hormones matter.

My energy levels, exercise capacity and ability to digest meals, including meat and carbohydrates (In the form of berries and root based vegetables as per the Cs) have all improved markedly.

I thank the Dr. Mars and Dr. Lonsdale for their research as well as Keyhole and the objective health team for highlighting the importance of this important step in energetic metabolism.

I am one of those people who can tolerate an all meat diet but, ultimately, have found that I do best with the addition of certain carbohydrates.

Unfortunately, I think that years of indulging in the wrong sort of carbohydrates and not eating enough delicious red meat (which is the best dietary source of thiamine) in addition to excess alcohol consumption, has meant that I have been chronically thiamine deficient.

Behind iodine supplementation, Allithiamine has been the best supplement I have tried to date and I would recommend a trial for those who might fit the profile of those suffering from thiamine deficiency as discussed in this interview, and especially for those forumites who find that they function better with a certain percentage of carbohydrates in their diet.

Thank you for the interview, @Keyhole! Can you recommend a reliable test for the vitamin B1?
Unfortunately there are not any reliable ones on the market. The next best thing is an erythrocyte transketolase, but that is only available in the UK and sometimes yields false negatives.

My method clinically is to take a thorough case history, a proper examination of symptoms, coupled with some other surrounding test markers generally found on an organic acids panel such as pyruvate, lactate, a-ketoglutarate, and some other markers. Alanine can be useful if you have an amino acids panel aswell.

There is no easy way to do it, but the majority of people with any history of fatigue whatnot seem to benefit from thiamine... and because it is safe, I use it frequently

Back
Top Bottom