New York Magazine article on 911 Truth Movement

Emphasis on the "considering" IMO. Well some of the MSM has to say SOMETHING with all the questions being asked and answers being supplied. Very masterful manipulation of the concept of "fair journalism" as well. Notice four "unbiased" "HOP" levels are given, and all of the sudden the "criminal intent" theory falls into one quarter of the possibilities.

The other three were competent, incompetent and negligent. I can't argue with the distinction, but it does set the "criminal intent" possibility as fringe, especially with the emphasis on some obviously unbalanced people who support it. Then there is this:

Mossad MIHOP dovetails with the baseless rumor, widely believed in Arab countries, that 4,000 Jewish World Trade Center workers were told to stay home that day, showing that conspiracy theory can be tricky terrain. Mossad MIHOP easily morphs into Zionist MIHOP or Jewish MIHOP, leading to the charges of anti-Semitism that have dogged the 9/11 Truth movement. “Do I believe Israel has undue influence over U.S. foreign policy?” asks one activist. “Absolutely. But there are people in this movement who are -flicking-g Nazis. You have to draw the line at Holocaust denial.”
And heaven forbid if you believe in anything amounting to a NWO threat:

Deeper into late-night-talk-radio, Da Vinci Code territory are numerous incarnations of the New World Order MIHOP, defined by Nick Levis as the work of “a global ruling elite seeking greater control of the world Zeitgeist.” Ever elastic, NWO MIHOPs often date back to secret societies like the Knights Templar, founded in 1118 during the First Crusade. (Bush’s alleged slip of calling the terror war a “crusade” was a key hint to the real, if surreal, agenda.) The continuity is clear to any student of the hidden history. The Templars begat the Freemasons (look at the pyramid-meeting-the-eye on every dollar in your pocket, fool!), from whom emerged the nefarious Illuminati, and onward to current standard-bearers like Yale’s Skull and Bones society (both Bushes are Bonesmen; John Kerry, too), the Council on Foreign Relations, and the blue-helmeted armies of the United Nations.

Less-cited scenarios include Sino MIHOP, claiming the attack was a first strike in the inevitable conflict between China and the West. Scientologists have suggested a Shrink MIHOP, imagining evil Thetan psychologists as culprits. In the postmodern battle of paranoid narratives, we get to choose our terror dream, identify our own evil genius.
and...

Asked about 9/11 Truth, Monica laughs again. “You want tinfoil-hat-wearing nutters? I get these e-mails from this woman. She’s nice, supportive. Then she says to be careful because ‘our thoughts, feelings, and bodily functions are being controlled 100,000 percent by electromagnetic waves.’ But I write back. I know she means well. Everyone needs a friend.”
Yes, all us lonely people polishing our tin hats...and of course the final impression given by this article polishes the tin hat even more:

Shrinks Did It
Scientologists believe that psychiatry (through a mechanism that remains murky) helped give birth to the suicide attackers “through drugs and psycho-political methods.”
Like I said, its a masterful job, and one can accept no less from the esteemed MSM. At least they give people the option of blaming the Bush administration for incompetence rather than completely supporting it. Any thinking along the lines that they are criminally responsible, however,...and I can hear the rubber room calling.

One very revealing point in this article (which is really valuable in showing the ways of subtle manipulation) was the fireman's reason for choosing full administration support:

“Osama -flicking-g bin Laden, like Bush says. If I thought it was someone else, then I’d have to do something about it. And I don’t want to think about what I’d do.”
The sad thing is Mr. Fireman is not alone...

Back
Top Bottom