Newborn baby 0-1 year old must be breastfed

hlat

The Living Force
FOTCM Member
A newborn baby from birth to about 1 year old must be breastfed. The reason is that the process of baby's suckling leads to proper development: breathing through the nose, tongue positioning flat against the roof of the mouth, proper wide jaws for teeth spacing, and muscle strengthening of the tongue, lips, and mouth. A bottle does not provide the necessary work and leads to improper development of baby's breathing, mouth, teeth, and jaws. An implication is that mother can't go to work or will need an extraordinarily flexible arrangement that allows for the constant breastfeeding required for baby's development.

A book that talks a little about this. It doesn't go as far as what I am saying: baby must be breastfed for the 1st year.

A newborn baby from birth to about 1 year old must be breastfed. The reason is that the process of baby's suckling leads to proper development: breathing through the nose, tongue positioning flat against the roof of the mouth, proper wide jaws for teeth spacing, and muscle strengthening of the tongue, lips, and mouth. A bottle does not provide the necessary work and leads to improper development of baby's breathing, mouth, teeth, and jaws. An implication is that mother can't go to work or will need an extraordinarily flexible arrangement that allows for the constant breastfeeding required for baby's development.

A book that talks a little about this. It doesn't go as far as what I am saying: baby must be breastfed for the 1st year.
Another good reason to breastfeed is the fact that most powdered formulas contain aluminum salts for the purpose of de-clumping/caking. These aluminum salt concentrations have been measured by Prof Exley, and according to him (and others), they will preferentially collect in the brain of young babies. More info on Exley and his book here:

The benefits of breastfeeding are closely related to the composition of human milk. If you look at the nutritional composition (very similar to a grape juice), the difference in physical structure of breastfeeders (skinny) compared to baby bottle-feeders (bibendum like multi layer) speaks volumes:-).
That said, the position of the tongue attached to the plalate is yogic practice that can be re-learned.

No question about benefits of breast feeding for the first year. However it is no always black and white.

In some cases mothers simply do not have enough of milk so they may start breast feeding but have to switch to formula later on. That was our son`s case. My own mother had so little milk that both my brother and I were fed formula pretty much all the way.

an issue i noticed is that at least the NAN formula has a mix of vegetable fats, would not a whey or whey/casein mix be a better alternative for infants? maybe throw in bovine colostrum for extra immune support?

To reiterate, a bottle of breast milk is not a substitute for breastfeeding. Baby needs breastfeeding for proper physical development of the head, mouth, tongue, jaw, teeth, lips, breathing.

Yes, sometimes there are physical issues that prevent breastfeeding. What I'm saying is as much as physically possible, baby should be breastfed.

I've read of rich people in the past hiring wet nurses to breastfeed their babies. I don't know if that still happens today. It is superior to bottle feeding.

Diet, nutrition and health plays an important role in milk supply. Generally, the more breastfeeding the baby receives, the more milk is produced, provided other factors that play a role in promoting milk supply are not getting in the way.

To reiterate, a bottle of breast milk is not a substitute for breastfeeding. Baby needs breastfeeding for proper physical development of the head, mouth, tongue, jaw, teeth, lips, breathing.

Yes, sometimes there are physical issues that prevent breastfeeding. What I'm saying is as much as physically possible, baby should be breastfed.

I've read of rich people in the past hiring wet nurses to breastfeed their babies. I don't know if that still happens today. It is superior to bottle feeding.
The action of breastfeeding is very different to sucking a pacifier or other teat.
My 5 month old who breastfeeds (and uses me as a comforter also) has a very different sucking motion when on the boob to how she sucks on her fingers or toys.

We as grown ups can practice mewing for our jaw, palate, facial structure, air ways and even our posture. I suppose it’s similar to yogic practices although I know nothing about that.

How to mew

Back
Top Bottom