Objective:Health #25 - Fascia - The Body's "Fiber Optic" Crystalline Matrix

nature

Dagobah Resident
Just watching this show
You can also read SOTT articles re-published this week: What you need to know about your fascia -- Sott.net and Fascia: The cobweb of your body -- Sott.net

Very interesting and well presented, with excellent pictures and video included.

Fascinating radio show. The fascia subject brings so much dots to the whole picture of the human body. For example:
- why exercising ( stretching, yoga, musculation, etc) is so important in hydrating our body. Fascia web propulses water when we move. It comes at good time after video posted by Chu on arky-chu-gong, and makes clear why so much people experience good result with these exercices.
- why fascia is so important for detox
- and for bringing nutrient to cells. This point made me realize how homeopathy works: fascia transports information stored in water! This can bring credibility aimed at conventional scientists and doctors about how homeopathy works and is a real thing.
- how there is a similar structure in the very cells
- and other things.

I learned lots of things. So, thank you very much Erykah, Doug and Elliot 👍

- why fascia is so important for detox

And for emotional detox as well! These past few weeks I have been treating myself with essential oils and so on in order to stimulate blood circulation and my lymphatic system. I sort of had a herxheimer reaction the first few days (some people call it a healing crisis?), aches and pains, nausea and so on, but then the other day I had these panicky thoughts for no reason. Only after listening to the show about fascia did I realise that I was also detoxing at an emotional level (I think).

I also think the show was fascinating or as Elliot said: fascianating. Thanks a lot. :flowers:

Thanks a lot for this show. For as long as I can remember I've had lower back pain. It's always been tight and stiff and often disturbs my sleep by almost cramping up. Over the last few months I've been practicing being able to touch my toes with deep breathing and when I do this it often feels like my lower back is on fire.

Anyway I tried out the technique mentioned by Erykah, rolling up a towel into a tube and placing it under my spine. (Around 1 hour into the show if I remember correctly). I didn't place it along the spine but sideways near the lower back where it is tight. I did this for about 10-15 minutes accompanied by some round breathing. I ended up really relaxing into it and adjusting the pressure to different points. After I'd finished I started to let out some deep, and I mean deep sadness. Not the type of crying you'd experience after a sad film but a deep and almost painful sobbing. Not brought on by any direct thoughts or emotions but just from doing this exercise and breathing deeply. My lower back felt brusied for the rest of the night and it didn't seem to help the tightness/waking up half way through sleeping, but I can still feel the lingering emotional release the following day.

I'm going to read the book recommended in the show In an Unspoken Voice by Peter Levine and also look into bodywork and rolfing.
Thank you all again!

Thank you for a very interesting conversation about fascia! At the moment I spend a lot of hours during a day sitting in front the computer, and even if I do make sure to do Arky Chu Gong on an almost daily basis :wizard: , it seems like it isn't enough. So I'll make sure to incorporate additional movement and stretching during the day.

And I have a question about stretching. I have a pull up bar in the house, and sometimes I stretch myself by grabbing the bar with the hands and just standing there for several minutes on my tiptoes or with legs in the air. And what I noticed that sometimes it makes me dizzy, as if it lowers my blood pressure. One day I did it after a particularly long intermittent fasting, and my blood pressure got so low, I even found myself on the floor with heavy dizziness for couple of minutes. Well, now I do try to be more careful! :-D But I do wonder if it has to do with sitting in one posture for awhile, and then when I stretch the blood starts to flow and it somehow lowers the blood pressure. But then, my head still remains up, so why exactly the dizziness occurs is still unclear to me. But perhaps you have an idea?

Back
Top Bottom