Origin of the barbarian invasions

Nostradamus

The Force is Strong With This One
Hello everybody !

I am passive on the forum because of my difficulties in English, however, I'm going to try (thanks for the encouragement of the « castle » :-) ) So excuse me for my english because I use a translation tool.

I am currently writing a book on the birth of Islam. I go back to the collapse of the Roman Empire and the Germanic invasions. I need help or advice on the intermediate phase between the time migration movements begin as early as the 4th century and cometary events in the 6th century (at least 2 major impacts in 536 and 540). It can therefore be assumed that the Justinian plague is the consequence of the last comet since it seems to appear around 541.

I wonder what caused these migrations by a domino effect from the Asian steppes to Europe (Goths, Huns, Alains, Germains...) because they are clearly described 2 centuries before 536 (refer to Chinese archives for Huns/Xiongnu, denchrology suggests a significant drought in the steppes around 350-370). It seems delicate to me to question the whole chronology, especially before the 6th century. At the moment, I suppose that climatic degradation could have begun as early as the fourth century, certainly in Central Asia. We can even think that comets completed the "downward curve", the phase of decline.

What do you think of that? And in which case, what would be the cause of these degradations? (there doesn't seem to have been any comets at that time). Do you have any other explanations?

"Courage is about going to the ideal and understanding the real." Jean Jaures, french politician.

Hi Ursus, thank you for the attention you give to my message!

Yes, I know this theory (phantom time hypothesis), Heribert Illig's work is brilliant.

However, the period covered ranges from 600 to 900 AD. And as I said, I wonder about the two centuries before the sixth and seventh centuries, before the comet incident. If I rephrase my thoughts, either :

1) The migrations described did not take place from the 4th century but from the 6th century onwards (error/counterfeiting of medieval authors) => this hypothesis bothers me because there are not many documents between 300 and 400 AD, for me migrations really seem to precede the comet incident

2) Climate change (or other?) has occurred as early as 350 AD not in Europe but in Central Asia, in the steppes

Do you know what I mean?

Hey Nostradmaus, I don't have any specific answers to your questions, but the following links and threads may be of help:

The thread The Mecca Mystery: Probing the Black Hole at the Heart of Muslim History by Peter Townsend ?
I think there are a few other related books mentioned on the origin of Islam in there that may be useful. The thread: "Jewish History, Jewish Religion: The Weight of Three Thousand Years" by Israel Shahak (here) maybe also provide some insight.

At the moment, I suppose that climatic degradation could have begun as early as the fourth century, certainly in Central Asia. We can even think that comets completed the "downward curve", the phase of decline.

As for the increasing frequency of disasters during that time, there may be some useful information in the Historical Events Database thread. Some information about the run up to the events recorded in 536AD are mentioned in the radio show Behind the Headlines: Who was Jesus? Examining the evidence that Christ may in fact have been Caesar!

So, here's what the chroniclers [say] (and these are really short versions, really short--I'm not even gonna describe all of the details; just, you know, hit the high spots):

In the year 431, there were comets; grasshoppers; an earthquake [on] the 7th of April; and [on] the 6th of July, fire fell on Constantinople...

450 - 457: There's an earthquake in Tripoli...

457: Constantinople again: fire and ash fell from the sky. There was a huge earthquake in Psychikos...

474: An earthquake in Thrace...

491: Eclipse of the sun, plague of grasshoppers...

498: Earthquake [in] Nicopolis: springs of Avarne stopped flowing; the river, Euphrates, stopped its flow on the same day; an earthquake (Nicopolis was destroyed); plague of grasshoppers; fire on the north side of the sky...

500: Eclipse; ash falling from the sky; the walls of Edessa collapsed; November: there were signs in the sky; January: signs in the sky...

501: Famine; locusts; plague...

431AD is where it starts, and i think it covers mainly Europe and the Middle East, but it's worth reading the transcript/listening to the radio show, if you haven't already.

The forum had already speculated on missing time, and i believe the C's were asked. More recently Laura commented on Gunnar Heinsohn's missing time missing hypothesis (in this radio show here and it's mentioned in the Mecca thread). He thinks there's something like 700 missing years; he uses stratigraphy, architecture and so on to show that some century's are mixed up, repeated and so on. It's often published and quoted at Malaga Bay; maybe the Arabian Horizon articles could beuseful and you can use the search function to find info more closely related to your questions. Obviously not everything at Malaga Bay will be correct but he does pull together some intriguing data.

Heinsohn has a documentary explaining his ideas in English here (i think there are many more available but they're in German).

Anyway, not sure if that helps so FWIW :)

Added: And if you come across anything that may be of interest, please feel free to let us know!

Hi Itellsya,

Thank you for your message. I take note of your suggestions for my research.

I took some time to answer you because I just read about The Mecca Mystery: Probing the Black Hole at the Heart of Muslim History by Peter Townsend ? (15 pages is a long time!), there are many very interesting thoughts about Islam, and I had already started Historical Events Database but 67 pages is discouraging: -)

In fact, according to your answer and the group's ideas in general, it is possible that the chronology needs to be revised more broadly, at least 500 years, and that the events sometimes described in 300 and 400AD belong to the same period as the cometary events of 500AD, and vice versa. It is a very complex subject of study, a real labyrinth! Thank you, I will go further and continue the research.

Thank you Itellsya.

Back
Top Bottom