Our Mind As A Vehicle

H

Holyegrail

Whilst driving to work today, an analogy of our mental cognition being similar to a mode of transport struck a chord. I realise the disservice to compare the magic and wonder that is our conscious experience with an object of metal, plastic and rubber, but hear me out. We all inherit our mind and learn to operate it usually by concerned elders such as our parents. They are concerned that they may have gifted us a lemon that could breakdown or worst still be involved in some unfortunate accident. It seems a little unfair that I should for example have inherited a Jaguar whilst you maybe stuck with a Ford? I told you it was a weak analogy but you get the point. We often allow others to carjack our minds and we often willingly hand over the keys to people who have no regard for our vehicle. Whoever is reading this post maybe a great driver, having lots of experience and motoring skills and I maybe just learning how to brake, swerve and accelerate. I guess we need analogies to express what we continue to crave understanding in subjects that are just out of reach. For me the analogy of a car just doesn’t do it justice. Nor does a boat, a motorcycle or plane. Not even if you strap a rocket to it. For me its a relationship between the initiate child and the learning and good fortune of being around people who have an onus of responsibility towards improving our capabilities behind the wheel. I like they way through re-enactment, old ideas (history) get given a chance to come around again and again to set the record straight. Give me that old time religion, under moonlit ceremony to enable our sense of understanding to evolve beyond I the individual, back to We, the collective. Now focus back to just breathing. Ommm

Back
Top Bottom