Pentagon Strike Alleged Witness Account: Deb Anlauf

Laura

Administrator
Administrator
FOTCM Member
Since witnesses are being touted as the authority for the Pentagon Strike, as opposed to material evidence, it is only reasonable for us to examine these witnesses.

http://www.leadertelegram.com/specialreports/attack/storydetail.asp?ID=7

Area woman watched as Pentagon exploded
By Julian Emerson and Eric Lindquist

Like millions of people in this shocked nation, Deb Anlauf spent Tuesday morning staring in disbelief at a TV screen, watching smoke billow from the World Trade Center in New York City.

Then, at about 8:40 a.m. CDT, the largest terrorist action in this country's history hit closer to home for Anlauf and her husband, Jeff.

The couple, who moved to Colfax from Australia four months ago, were at the Sheraton National Hotel in Arlington, Va., less than two blocks from the Pentagon when Deb Anlauf saw "a sight I never imagined I'd see."

Anlauf was watching TV coverage of the Trade Center burning shortly before 9:30 a.m. when she decided to return to her 14th-floor room from another part of the hotel. Once in her room, she heard a "loud roar" and looked out the window to see what was going on.

"Suddenly I saw this plane right outside my window," Anlauf said during a telephone interview from her hotel room this morning. "You felt like you could touch it; it was that close. It was just incredible.

"Then it shot straight across from where we are and flew right into the Pentagon. It was just this huge fireball that crashed into the wall (of the Pentagon). When it hit, the whole hotel shook."

The shock waves of that same crash were felt in the Chippewa Valley, where an Eau Claire woman feared for the safety of her uncle, a Pentagon employee.

Upon learning that her beloved uncle was injured -- but not killed -- in Tuesday's terrorist attack, Kelly Cortis of Eau Claire wept with joy.

The tears burst forth after the emotion of several frantic hours hoping for the best - but fearing the worst -- about her uncle, Carl Psistner, whose job was so secret that all he ever could tell Cortis about his livelihood was that he worked for the U.S. Navy at the Pentagon.

While Cortis was unsuccessful in learning anything about her uncle's condition from a Navy intelligence hot line Tuesday, she finally heard from her grandmother in Connecticut that Psistner received 150 stitches in his face and suffered a broken arm and some burns as a result of the explosion.

"At least he's alive. That's all that matters," said Cortis, 24, who moved from Connecticut to Eau Claire in March.
The relief she felt was incredible upon learning that her only uncle - a man who raised her like a father -- had survived the attack, Cortis said.

"Oh, my God, you don't even know," she said Tuesday evening. "I'm so glad he's OK. I was so scared he was dead.

"I feel really terrible about all the people who died, so I feel guilty about celebrating, but I can't help it."

As of Tuesday evening, Cortis hadn't spoken with her uncle to hear details about his harrowing ordeal.
Fresh from watching coverage of the Trade Center burning, Anlauf said she knew right away the incident outside her hotel room was a deliberate attack on the Pentagon.

"Absolutely, even before the plane hit I knew that this wasn't an accident. That plane had to purposefully swoop around our hotel to hit (the Pentagon). There was no doubt in my mind, given that we were near the Pentagon, that this was an attack."

Jeff didn't feel the impact of the plane crash as directly as his wife. He was attending an environmental meeting on the second floor of the hotel when the plane struck the Pentagon.

About five seconds before the crash, Jeff said he heard the sound of "tin being dropped," likely as construction workers building an addition to the hotel saw the plane and dropped their building materials.

"Then, about 5 seconds later, the whole hotel shook," Jeff recalled. "I could feel it moving. We said 'Oh, my gosh, what's going on?' "

The hotel was evacuated, and Jeff and other meeting participants were shuttled outside the building. Deb fled her room immediately after the blast, searching frantically for her husband.

"There was a sense of panic in the air. I was real scared," she said. "After the fireball, I just took off. I just ran for the elevator and went to try to find my husband."

Deb found Jeff minutes later and updated him on the attacks that had transpired during the previous hour. Because a five-story building between their hotel and the Pentagon blocked his view, Jeff didn't realize a plane had crashed into this country's national defense nerve center until his panic-stricken wife described the incident.

The couple soon joined hundreds of other people in front of the hotel. Shortly afterward, an F-16 fighter jet flew overhead, causing most of the crowd to fall to the ground in terror, Jeff said.

"At that time people were pretty scared," he said. "We were all waiting for something else to happen."
After a short time people evacuated from the burning Pentagon joined the crowd, many of them distraught and extremely shaken up by the crash and the ensuing fire in the building.

"It was just absolute chaos," Deb said of the scene in the minutes after the crash. "There were people everywhere in the streets outside crying, wondering if their loved ones were OK. It seemed like the world was ending."
Amid the calamity, the couple said they tried to comfort as many people as they could.

"I held onto a woman outside who came from the Pentagon that was just a total wreck," Jeff said. "It was hard to comfort everybody because so many people were really shook up."

As firefighters continued to battle the blaze this morning, Deb gazed from her hotel room out at the wreckage, staring at the gaping hole in the side of the Pentagon as she contemplated Tuesday's events.

"Strangely enough, I was able to sleep last night," she said. "It was just such a long, long stressful day. You wouldn't believe how tired I was.

"You go through everything. You shake. You're hot and you're cold. It's such an unbelievable experience. You can't compare it to anything else."

Emerson can be reached at 830-5911, (800) 236-7077 or julian.emerson@ecpc.com. Lindquist can be reached at 833-9209, (800) 236-7077 or eric.lindquist@ecpc.com.

Well, at least Jeff and Deb seem like real people:

http://www.dnr.wi.gov/org/water/fhp/lakes/selfhelp/awards.asp?page=1yrpatch

2003 recipients of the 1 Year Patch
[...]
Jeff And Debbie Anlauf, Tainter Lake, Dunn County
http://www.sanleandro.k12.ca.us/departments.old.htm

Below the different sources for the article with Deb Anluf are identified like this:
[S04WP00= Journalists or unknown]
[S04WP01-WRHW04=Deborah Anlauf, from Colfax, Wisconsin ]
[S04WP02=Jeff Anlauf, participant in an environmental conference]
[S04WP03= Kelly Cortis, 24 living in Eau Claire, Chippewa Valley. Her uncle Carl Psistner works for the Navy at the Pentagon]
What is underlined is the section used by What Really Happened.

[S04WP00= Journalist or unknown]
Area woman watched as Pentagon exploded
By Julian Emerson and Eric Lindquist

Like millions of people in this shocked nation, Deb Anlauf spent Tuesday morning staring in disbelief at a TV screen, watching smoke billow from the World Trade Center in New York City.

Then, at about 8:40 a.m. CDT, the largest terrorist action in this country's history hit closer to home for Anlauf and her husband, Jeff.
For the next sections it will be helpful to look at maps, the first is form http://www.sheratonnational.com
map.gif

The next is from http://www.911-strike.com
ep1shrink.jpg

For a discussion of the possible paths it is found under the James Ryan thread and the William Middleton Sr. thread.
[S04WP01-WRHW04=Deborah Anlauf]
The couple, who moved to Colfax from Australia four months ago, were at the Sheraton National Hotel in Arlington, Va., less than two blocks from the Pentagon when Deb Anlauf saw "a sight I never imagined I'd see.

Anlauf was watching TV coverage of the Trade Center burning shortly before 9:30 a.m. when she decided to return to her 14th-floor room from another part of the hotel. Once in her room, she heard a "loud roar" and looked out the window to see what was going on.

"Suddenly I saw this plane right outside my window," Anlauf said during a telephone interview from her hotel room this morning. "You felt like you could touch it; it was that close. It was just incredible.

"Then it shot straight across from where we are and flew right into the Pentagon. It was just this huge fireball that crashed into the wall (of the Pentagon). When it hit, the whole hotel shook."
The time 8:40 a.m.is given by the reporters. Deb Anlauf says she left for her room shortly before 9:30 a.m. Since the hotel is only one building and there are elevators it has probably taken less than 5 minutes to get to the room and certainly not 10-15 minutes. In several of the articles one finds traces of the journalists helping the witnesses give the right picture including the right aeroplane. Here it is the right time, the one the majority of articles reported.

Concerning the claim she makes that the object was so close that she felt like she could almost touch it there are some reasons why this is not so unless there were two objects or there was a bridging of two variant realities with the object in one reality passing by the Hotel, and in the other clipping some lamppost to the South along 395. I do not know how much of 4th density is available around the Pentagon. But to give a perspective of how far she was I went to study some photographs available from other sites but embedded in one post in the Introduction on page 1 or 2. There are maps with the two possible trajectories that of Deb Anlauf and William Middleton Sr, and that of the clipped lampposts. The angle difference is 20 degrees, or the equivalent of 3 minutes and 20 seconds on an old fashioned round wrist watch. If the distance to the Pentagon is about a mile we have that the distance to the other path from the position of the hotel is approximately 20/360 x 2 x 22/7 x 1mile = 44/126 of a mile which is again about 1/3 of mile or 536 meters, so in fact the two paths are quite apart even if the distance to the Pentagon is only half, Deborah Anlauf would be too far away to be able to really touch the object.

[S04WP03= Kelly Cortis, 24 living in Eau Claire, Chippewa Valley. Her uncle Carl Psistner works for the Navy at the Pentagon]
The shock waves of that same crash were felt in the Chippewa Valley, where an Eau Claire woman feared for the safety of her uncle, a Pentagon employee.

Upon learning that her beloved uncle was injured -- but not killed -- in Tuesday's terrorist attack, Kelly Cortis of Eau Claire wept with joy.

The tears burst forth after the emotion of several frantic hours hoping for the best - but fearing the worst -- about her uncle, Carl Psistner, whose job was so secret that all he ever could tell Cortis about his livelihood was that he worked for the U.S. Navy at the Pentagon.

While Cortis was unsuccessful in learning anything about her uncle's condition from a Navy intelligence hot line Tuesday, she finally heard from her grandmother in Connecticut that Psistner received 150 stitches in his face and suffered a broken arm and some burns as a result of the explosion.

"At least he's alive. That's all that matters," said Cortis, 24, who moved from Connecticut to Eau Claire in March.
The relief she felt was incredible upon learning that her only uncle - a man who raised her like a father -- had survived the attack, Cortis said.

"Oh, my God, you don't even know," she said Tuesday evening. "I'm so glad he's OK. I was so scared he was dead.

"I feel really terrible about all the people who died, so I feel guilty about celebrating, but I can't help it."

As of Tuesday evening, Cortis hadn't spoken with her uncle to hear details about his harrowing ordeal.
[S04WP01-WRHW04=Deborah Anlauf]
Fresh from watching coverage of the Trade Center burning, Anlauf said she knew right away the incident outside her hotel room was a deliberate attack on the Pentagon.

"Absolutely, even before the plane hit I knew that this wasn't an accident. That plane had to purposefully swoop around our hotel to hit (the Pentagon). There was no doubt in my mind, given that we were near the Pentagon, that this was an attack."
[S04WP02=Jeff Anlauf, participant in an environmental meeting]
Jeff didn't feel the impact of the plane crash as directly as his wife. He was attending an environmental meeting on the second floor of the hotel when the plane struck the Pentagon.

About five seconds before the crash, Jeff said he heard the sound of "tin being dropped," likely as construction workers building an addition to the hotel saw the plane and dropped their building materials.

"Then, about 5 seconds later, the whole hotel shook," Jeff recalled. "I could feel it moving. We said 'Oh, my gosh, what's going on?'"
The tin that fell and the boom five seconds later could be expliained as a worker finishing off his coke or him dropping it involuntarily when he saw the blast. The five seconds delay may be because the sound takes just short of 5 seconds to travel from the Pentagon to the Hotel, if we count the distance as about a mile.

[S04WP01-WRHW04=Deborah Anlauf, from Colfax, Wisconsin ]
The hotel was evacuated, and Jeff and other meeting participants were shuttled outside the building. Deb fled her room immediately after the blast, searching frantically for her husband.

"There was a sense of panic in the air. I was real scared," she said. "After the fireball, I just took off. I just ran for the elevator and went to try to find my husband."

Deb found Jeff minutes later and updated him on the attacks that had transpired during the previous hour. Because a five-story building between their hotel and the Pentagon blocked his view, Jeff didn't realize a plane had crashed into this country's national defense nerve center until his panic-stricken wife described the incident.

The couple soon joined hundreds of other people in front of the hotel. Shortly afterward, an F-16 fighter jet flew overhead, causing most of the crowd to fall to the ground in terror, Jeff said.

"At that time people were pretty scared," he said. "We were all waiting for something else to happen."

After a short time people evacuated from the burning Pentagon joined the crowd, many of them distraught and extremely shaken up by the crash and the ensuing fire in the building.

"It was just absolute chaos," Deb said of the scene in the minutes after the crash. "There were people everywhere in the streets outside crying, wondering if their loved ones were OK. It seemed like the world was ending."
Amid the calamity, the couple said they tried to comfort as many people as they could.

"I held onto a woman outside who came from the Pentagon that was just a total wreck," Jeff said. "It was hard to comfort everybody because so many people were really shook up."

As firefighters continued to battle the blaze this morning, Deb gazed from her hotel room out at the wreckage, staring at the gaping hole in the side of the Pentagon as she contemplated Tuesday's events.

"Strangely enough, I was able to sleep last night," she said. "It was just such a long, long stressful day. You wouldn't believe how tired I was.

"You go through everything. You shake. You're hot and you're cold. It's such an unbelievable experience. You can't compare it to anything else."

Emerson can be reached at 830-5911, (800) 236-7077 or julian.emerson@ecpc.com. Lindquist can be reached at 833-9209, (800) 236-7077 or eric.lindquist@ecpc.com.
In general this article is emotional and very different from the article with David Battle, but it probably reflects what many felt who had family in the Pentagon or who became unwilling witnesses.

In this article I did not find the details of observation needed to pinpoint the object seen as a B 757 and # 77. This is not to discredit the report or observation it just means that it can not be used as strong evidence.

Thorbiorn

Back
Top Bottom