Pentagon Strike Alleged Witness Account: Mickey Bell

Laura

Administrator
Administrator
FOTCM Member
http://www.necanet.org/whats_new/report.cfm?ID=1003

What's New @ NECA?

09-13-01 -- NECA Members and Electricians Narrowly Escape Death At Pentagon

Bethesda, Maryland - - Electrical workers inside the Pentagon in the early morning hours of Sept. 11, 2001 narrowly escaped death and injury, as terrorists used a commercial jet as a fuel-filled missile in an assault on the United States.

"It was close," said Jack Singleton, president of Gaithersburg, Md.-based Singleton Electric Company, Inc. "Fifteen minutes earlier and I

Below I have commented upon the article by the anonymous reporter, who uses more indirect speech than direct. In fact it looks much like a press release or interview from Singleton Electric with only a single source; Jack Singleton, although posted in the magazine it probably isn't, but Singleton Electric being a Pentagon contractor, they might have received some assistance in public relations. The text is divided according to person that is mentioned in the context. The quote with Mickey Bell is underlined.

[S08WP00=Reporter or Unknown]
[S08WP01=Jack Singleton, president of Gaithersburg, Md.-based Singleton Electric Company]
[S08WP02= WRHW08=Mickey Bell, on-site foreman, Singleton Electric]
[S08WP03= Greg Cobaugh, sub-foreman, Singleton Electric]

[S08WP00=Reporter or Unknown]
National Electric Contractors Association
09-13-01 -- NECA Members and Electricians Narrowly Escape Death At Pentagon
Bethesda, Maryland - - Electrical workers inside the Pentagon in the early morning hours of Sept. 11, 2001 narrowly escaped death and injury, as terrorists used a commercial jet as a fuel-filled missile in an assault on the United States.
Two days after the event the story is in place and accepted.

[S08WP01=Jack Singleton, president of Gaithersburg, Md.-based Singleton Electric Company]
"It was close," said Jack Singleton, president of Gaithersburg, Md.-based Singleton Electric Company, Inc. "Fifteen minutes earlier and I

Back
Top Bottom