People who can instantly multiply long numbers

I may be misremembering, but I think the Cs once said that savants had a link to 4D perception due to their different brain wiring (more connections in the brain allowing for a 4D-like perception such as smelling or seeing numbers). So, the physical manifestation may be explained by "science", but the interpretation of the phenomena is probably wrong.

And antennae that is tapping into the information field, but also, a wider perception of what numbers, for example, really are? I think Tammet once said that for him, numbers just had an image of fire, water, objects, etc, and that he could make different stories when counting, so as not to forget. Maybe it's a bit like that when your wiring allows you to perceive things in broader ways? Like Lethbridge and his explanation of how a 2D drawing could be way more complex in other "dimensions"...

It's like they've rewired some functions of the brain to operate like a calculator's circuit automatically beneath the level of consciousness.

Ok, but technically there is no explanation of how a person can bypass normal thinking and data processing to arrive at a correct answer like that. It implies that there IS some dormant and mostly unused function of the brain that can almost literally see or perceive the correct answer to a problem (at least a mathematical one) without any conscious thought. So what part is doing the perceiving and WHAT is it perceiving.

Just a wild guess but I think the injury or a specific genetics ( DNA strands) have disarmed the occipital chemical change that was foisted upon us way back when, and access to the information field is the new normal; an almost effortless access to some sort of binary code for example.

What I find particularly interesting is that she, at least sometimes, seems to need to hear the numbers for the calculations spelled out loud, either spoken by herself or by someone else.
Interesting detail.. My mum has had a stroke and can't speak or write*, but can pretty much understand spoken words - EXCEPT for numbers. She needs to see them written down, otherwise they're meaningless for her. You don't even have to write them on paper, can just do finger writing in the air and she'll immediately understand.

(* her in/ability to write is actually much more complex, I just say she "can't write" for simplicity's sake here)

I always figured people who can instantly multiply long numbers were seeing the pattern, like they can just see the shapes of the components of the numbers and "scroll down" through the interactions of the shapes til the operation is completed.. (not that this answers anything! fascinating question...)

Never thought about it in relation to synaesthesia before.. I'm, I guess, weakly synaesthetic...maybe? I mean, many numbers, shapes and sounds have colours. For me, only 1 or 2 digit numbers...higher numbers get murky... I've never recorded or tried to measure but they seem fairly consistent, though maybe some have changed over time. I feel like that's normal and everyone has those kind of impressions but maybe some people just don't notice? (I definitely can't multiply long numbers or do anything fancy like that though :D)

It may also be a hereditary issue regardless of the morals of the subject that unlocks certain potential of their DNA as a transducer of cosmic information in my particular case I do not consider myself a Shaman but I have seen the night nahual and the panther talk in my dreams reach the water wells with maidens and even had the privilege and honor of crossing the fence of impenetrable frequency accessing the Grail ... and that still does not make me wise and no one is interested in my experiences.

Here are a few more examples of people with an extraordinary calculation ability. The first two examples feature Cyril Carbou and Jean-Marc Durand on a French television show (Des chiffres et des lettres) where participants perform mathematical calculations and find long words given a set of letters. Their calculation speeds stunned the audience!

Cyril Carbou [FR]

Jean-Marc Durand [FR]

Scott Flansburg [FR]
Dr. David Hubbard analyzes fMRI scans in front of Scott (The Human Calculator) and Daniel. The doctor notices that Scott's brain, when performing complex calculations, is less active than Daniel's brain. Dr. Hubbard deduces that it is very easy for Scott to calculate, as if it's second nature to him.

Then, Dr. Hubbard compares the activated areas of the brains of Scott and Daniel. He says that normally, the Brodmann area 44 (Broca's area) and the parietal lobe are the two most active areas when a person performs a math test. Daniel's brain followed the expected behavior. However, Scott's brain activated differently. His brain activities were very localized and very intense. The area dedicated to mathematical calculations shifted to the part which controls movements (the motor cortex), which could explain why Scott can calculate so fast, almost unconsciously.

Scott Flansburg [EN]
Dr. Barry Sterman: Scott sees relationships between numbers in a very unique way that gives him a tool that is very powerful. He has a capability of shutting out the outside world. When he goes into this processing that he does, he is totally unaware of anything else around him—it's as if what some people call a "trance," but he is obviously very alert with his eyes closed.

Hmm... Different wiring, different access to the information field?
Q: Okay, if it can be a step forward, the main question that we don't know the answer to is: what is classical? Gravity or consciousness or something else? What? Or, perhaps everything is classical...

A: Classical negates consciousness, regarding the mind as merely a function of chemical functions and electrical impulses occurring within a vacuum, rather than being interfaced with the rest of creation at all levels of density and all dimensions, which is of course, the case. Gravity is the "glue which binds all aspects of reality, physical and ethereal. Nothing would exist without consciousness to perceive it. Classical physics assumes, among other things, that consciousness and "the brain" are one and the same, or that one exclusively facilitates the other. In actuality, the brain is merely that conduit which facilitates conscious expression in the physical state of human 3rd density states and similar manifestations.

Last edited:
In Joe's thread about death, it is said that after the death of the physical body, consciousness is intact and thought about anything comes instantly. You think about something and the answer comes instantly.

Likewise, the terminally ill with brain damage may experience optimal functioning moments before death. The consciousness that survives the death of the physical body performs an alternative "wiring" to the damaged brain and the person has lucidity at that moment.

It is possible that these people who do these things make that kind of connection, through genetics or other thing.

Also, it doesn't have to be a nervous system anomaly. In the case of the kid it's something that accompanies his condition. However, maybe some people can learn to automatize such capabilities. For instance, playing music is a technical skill to some extent, but one can learn to the point of playing automatically without thinking about the notes or the positions of the fingers etc. The same goes for such skills as riding a bicycle. At some point one does it while the conscious attention is elsewhere.
Concerning your comparison math and music algorithms, I remember an interesting detail: while studying at musical college , we had to memorize 20-40 pages of musical composition. At first you learn it mechanically step by step, but only at the stage of automatization you may add emotion and soul to the performance. That moment you usually play without thinking of notes or looking at keyboard...BUT as soon as you try to think consciously of notes like “hey, what part am I playing now?” then 90% cases you just stop and can’t finish the composition ...Because you play not logically but more from outer space so to say 😁

So what part is doing the perceiving and WHAT is it perceiving.
Just speculating here of course, but maybe for Shakuntala Devi the answer came as a whole, as a finite result, that's why it was so quick. Meaning, that it came from the right brain. Maybe her antennas were so tuned, when she asked, she had a direct access to the information field. :-D And when she made a book about various patterns that she saw, it was already the left brain making sense/order out of all this information.
Session Date: August 27th 2022 [..]

(Luc) Iain McGilchrist's work had a big impact on me, so I was wondering: What, if anything, have the left and right brain hemispheres to do with our uplink to the information field and the higher realms?
A: They interpret in tandem the information received by full body sensing.
Q: (L) Left and right brain interpret the information sensed by the full body sensing system...
(Joe) Proteins.
(L) Yeah, all your proteins and your antennas...
(Joe) And your left hemisphere and your right hemisphere fight over it.
(Andromeda) Probably overinterpreting it.
(L) And the uplink to the whole thing is, what, your pituitary?
A: Yes
So, it seems that there is a distinction here between the "full body sensing system", which is possibly a sort of 'array' of all the protein antennas in the body, perhaps analogous to something like the Square Kilometre Array Observatory, and the pituitary which is the "uplink". Now the word "uplink" implies an upload of information, so it may be that 'reading' the information field doesn't require use of the pituitary, but an interactive or two-way process does.

Thus, we may reasonably speculate that Shakuntala Devi has some some functional adaptation of either the right hemisphere (in interpreting the answer received as a result of the question being transmitted via a 'normal' human uplink connection) or the pituitary gland (her 'uplink' was able to transmit her questions in a way that would be 'heard', 'understood' or 'accepted' by the information field in a way not usually available to 'normal' mathematicians), OR some combination of both.

It's probably fair to assume that whatever latent genetic coding that was expressed during her development (she showed these talents from a very early age) caused a more specific change rather than a less specific one, so we could possibly begin investigation on the basis of an 'either/or' scenario, but genetic expression is a complex process, so the combination scenario can be deprioritised, but not completely ruled out.

So, if we start from the right hemisphere hypothesis, what might it be about her right hemisphere that allowed her to access the answer to a complex math problem in those situations where many other people were present to hear, comprehend, and presumably also equivalently "uplink" the problem to the information field?

According to the Human Protein Atlas:
Human Protein Atlas said:
For the regional classification the brain is divided into 13 anatomically defined regions, color coded in Figure 1. The transcriptome analysis shows that 82% (n=16465) of all human proteins (n=20090) are expressed in the brain (based on 13 brain regions, spinal cord and corpus callosum).
If the protein composition of the brain is approximately 82% similar to the body in all sampled data, then we can reasonably assume that the participants in attendance had "full body sensing systems" that were to a large degree similar. Thus, we can tentatively answer the initial question, "Were only some members of the audience able to receive the answer (or only Shakuntala), or was the answer received by all, but only Shakuntala was able to interpret the response?" affirmative to the latter. Of course ~20% of the known protein-coding genome gives room for a colossal amount of individual genetic variability in brain protein expression, but if we start off trying to find the "ballpark", then we can at least narrow it down from there.

If we use the "FM radio analogy", does this mean that Shakuntala's right hemisphere was able to demodulate the 'answer signal' in a way that the other participants couldn't?

So my next question would be, what structure specifically in the right hemisphere accepts or/and coordinates neurological input from the rest of the body? I might be able answer this question once I've finished reading Iain McGilchrist's "The Master and His Emissary", but I'm going to leave it here for now. If anyone else wants knows and wants to jump in, please be my guest, assuming that what I've written actually makes some sort of sense. 😄

I wonder if there can be a clue from the octopus.

It doesn't appear that he takes the time to consciously process what color/shape/texture he should turn in to. It's a split second reading of and reaction to the environment.

Briefly from google on octopi brains:

What is the shape of a donut, spread across 8 arms, and can get past childproof locks? An octopus brain! Octopuses have NINE brains, with two-thirds of their vast knowledge spread throughout their arms. Trust the octopus to come up with a way to delegate their own brain power so they don’t need to be bothered with mundane tasks. Read on to discover how they put their diversified smarts to good use. (....)

Just speculating here of course, but maybe for Shakuntala Devi the answer came as a whole, as a finite result, that's why it was so quick. Meaning, that it came from the right brain. Maybe her antennas were so tuned, when she asked, she had a direct access to the information field. :-D And when she made a book about various patterns that she saw, it was already the left brain making sense/order out of all this information.
Interesting speculation. She doesn't appear to have any thinking time in the video clip. The correct answer just appears to be there in her brain without her following the logical and progressive steps to work through the sum to find the answer - as we would do (if we could!!!)
Perhaps she had to read out the numbers first to call up the information from the information field.

Regarding savantism - my middle brother has always been "different". He was never diagnosed as having autism but my elder brother and I suspect that he is on the autism spectrum. He definitely has learning difficulties and finds reading a challenge to this day. However he has always had a phenomenal memory. He can still remember the number plates, name and place of origin of lorries that used to pass through our little village over 60 years ago. He remembers the names of our childhood friends, their parents, siblings etc long after my elder brother and I have forgotten them forever.
:-)

Thomas Fuller, an African sold into slavery in 1724 at the age of 14, was sometimes referred to as the "Virginia Calculator" for his uncanny ability to solve complex mathematical problems in his head. Asked how many seconds there were in a year he briefly answered 31,536,000 seconds.

Again asked how many seconds a man who is 70 years, 17 days and 12 hours lived, he answered in a minute and a half 2,210,500,800. One of the men was solving the problems on paper and informed Fuller that he was wrong because the answer was much smaller. Fuller hastily replied, "No way, you forgot the leap years, When the leap years were added to the account, the sums matched."

Fuller was one of the first recorded cases in the literature of the savant syndrome, when in 1789, Benjamin Rush, the father of American psychiatry, described his incredible ability to calculate, without having an education and instruction in mathematics, his ability was used as proof that enslaved African Americans were equal to whites in intelligence, which fueled some pro-abolitionist discussions.

Attachments

• maxresdefault (1).jpg
    maxresdefault (1).jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 2
Back
Top Bottom