Photobiomodulation/Low Level Laser Therapy

I just found this article about the benefits of (infra) red light therapy which is also beneficial for our 2D friends, including chickens and cows! :love:

Dogs are one of the most well studied animals in light therapy studies. Only rats are more well studied.

dog visual range compared to humans
Dog’s eyes aren’t sensitive to red light, making them oblivious to red light therapy

The variety of issues looked at include; healing after heart attacks, hair regrowth, recovery after surgery of the spine, chronic wound healing and a lot more [5-8]. Much like in human studies, the results seem positive over a wide range of conditions & doses. Light therapy may be useful for all common dog skin issues and for areas of acute and chronic pain. Canine light therapy treatment by vets is increasing in popularity, as is at-home treatment.
[...]
If you have a pet, the same light therapy devices you use for yourself could also be used on them, treating a problem or simply optimising their general health/vitality. Fortunately, most dogs and cats seem perfectly happy around (infra)red LED/laser light as the low heat output is comfortable, and their eyes aren’t particularly sensitive to red wavelengths. Any pain-free and side-effect free treatment that you can do at home and includes lots of close attention from you, will no doubt be adored by your pets.
red-light-therapy-cat.jpg

When I first read this thread and watched Eliot's photobiomodulation videos, I was blown away. We get very little strong light for six months out of the year here in Manitoba and I've noticed since I was a kid that my legs get eczema in winter but never in summer. And the few times we've went to Mexico in the winter, the eczema disappears in 24 hours.

So the idea that 850nm (a wavelength almost completely absent coming into your body in northern/cold climates when you spend almost no time outside below -10C) made complete sense to me.

We bought this light a few weeks ago:

This model is relatively inexpensive and durable. By chance our weather really hasn't been cold or dry enough yet, so I'm not sure about how it will work with direct skin exposure on the eczema issue until it arises. But I can say that both my wife and I notice much better energy levels, positivity and mental acuity with the light pointed at us (from about 5 feet) for a couple of hours a night. I stopped it for three nights to see what would happen, and we both noticed a difference. We're both also starting the B1 mega dosing with Benfothiamine and Thiamax. So hopefully the combined therapies can beat a long winter.

The dogs and the cat do seem to like the light too ;-)

When I first read this thread and watched Eliot's photobiomodulation videos, I was blown away. We get very little strong light for six months out of the year here in Manitoba and I've noticed since I was a kid that my legs get eczema in winter but never in summer. And the few times we've went to Mexico in the winter, the eczema disappears in 24 hours.

So the idea that 850nm (a wavelength almost completely absent coming into your body in northern/cold climates when you spend almost no time outside below -10C) made complete sense to me.

We bought this light a few weeks ago:

This model is relatively inexpensive and durable. By chance our weather really hasn't been cold or dry enough yet, so I'm not sure about how it will work with direct skin exposure on the eczema issue until it arises. But I can say that both my wife and I notice much better energy levels, positivity and mental acuity with the light pointed at us (from about 5 feet) for a couple of hours a night. I stopped it for three nights to see what would happen, and we both noticed a difference. We're both also starting the B1 mega dosing with Benfothiamine and Thiamax. So hopefully the combined therapies can beat a long winter.

The dogs and the cat do seem to like the light too ;-)

How did the red light therapy work out? Any good results on skin? I am thinking of getting one.

How did the red light therapy work out? Any good results on skin? I am thinking of getting one.
Hi, yes it worked very well in the darkest, coldest months of the winter for improving energy and mood. After having it on for a while at eye level, it gave me a feeling of warm energy. My wife felt similar and we ended up using it almost every week for three months. As for Eczema on the legs, it helped, but didn't completely prevent it. The itchiness came on much later in winter and left much earlier in spring. For the minimal cost of one of the lights on Amazon, it definitely helped in winter and something we both looked forward to turning it on during those nasty, winter nights.

Back
Top Bottom