PMF, Primary mylofibrosis

A friend of mine is diagnosed with Primary Mylo Fibrosis (PMF). I never heard of this disease before. The bone marrow is weakened and is not able to produce red bloodcells ,which means he has not enough blood. There appear some lesions on the inside of his bones and he is tired all the time. It seems it is not lucemia.
Has anybody some knowledge about this disease ? According to his doctor he will have to have bloodtransfusions regulary plus pills.
Maybe there is another way? Thank you

Do some research on the net and post some links. I never heard of it either.

I think it's misspelled, it should be primary myelofibrosis. Is not that uncommon either, or at least it is well described.

If he has no glucose 6-phosphate dehydrogenase mutation, perhaps some vitamin C infusions would help. Alternatively, he could try oral vitamin C. Here's what they reported in the past:

Ascorbic acid will control myelocytic leukemia provided 25 to 30 grams are taken orally each day. At least one research team has demonstrated that in cancer all available “C” is mobilized at the site of the malignancy.

Even though this is not a leukemia, primary myelofibrosis behaves as a cancer.

Thank you Laura, Ocean and Gaby for responding to my question. (Yes, I mispelled it.) I will send him the article Gaby shared so he can decide for himself. I don't know if he has glucose 6-phosphate dehydrogenase mutation or not. Will ask him. Thanks again

Back
Top Bottom