Pop-up editor comments

sbeaudry

Jedi Council Member
I had a thought and I don't know how hard it would be to implement, or how useful, but my thought is this: similar to how some sites handle spoiler alerts, minimize editor comments. I was reading an article earlier and found it kind of choppy going back and forth between the article and the comments. Now, please don't get me wrong, I very much look forward to reading editor truthification, but it might be useful to be able to read the article in its entirety with editor comments minimized, then go back and open the comments to see how they relate to the article. Or one could choose to have the comments open, and visible while reading and go back and forth, but I think it may be valuable to just read the article, think about the implications and then go back and see some of these comments. I don't know if that's useful or not but it's a thought; Sort of like little pop ups so you can click to see editor thoughts as you go, but they don't intrude on reading the article itself.

I like the editor comments embedded. To me it is like the recommendation to read the sessions in context with the wave series books. To me it provides a much needed context ( critique ) that would be missing in popups or a turn off/on widget. It is part of what SOTT is, is not like other sites that ignore the world.

I like the editor comments embedded. To me it is like the recommendation to read the sessions in context with the wave series books. To me it provides a much needed context ( critique ) that would be missing in popups or a turn off/on widget. It is part of what SOTT is, is not like other sites that ignore the world.
I agree. I like the comments. I'm not suggesting a separate popup, like a separate window, more like a bubble, think redlining or even margin notes. But as I said it was just a thought and I figured I'd express it. No biggie.

Back
Top Bottom