Port Richey Dying on the Vine

Nicholas

The Living Force
FOTCM Member
Not sure if this is a good place to post.

This is a economic blog from a guy who lives in Port Richey and did a video on some of the business vacancies in the area. Thought Laura might like a trip down memory lane ;)

_http://ncoal.com/blog/?p=746

Thanks for the link. Geeze, it's sad to see stores I used to shop in closed and boarded up. It really does look totally depressing.

Thanks for the link, Nicholas.

From Laura's account of New Port Richey, I imagine that it used to be a very lively place. It's sad to see how it's dying. Not to mention the underlying reality about homeless people...

It reminded me of a couple of years ago when I went back to my home town in Argentina, and saw a pretty ugly picture everywhere in areas that used to be very nice and lively before. People had become sad, worried, afraid, poor... Now, you could say that it can be expected in South American countries and all, but in the 20s, Argentina was the 9th richest country in the world. And now it can be considered a third world country. To see the US going in that same direction is pretty shocking compared to the stereortype about "The American Dream" that we were all sold at one point or another. :(

Very sad... And all thanks to our pathocrats...

Back
Top Bottom