Possible relation between economic crisis and our times

Green_Manalishi

Jedi Master
Hi everyone, i do not know if anyone has made this relation or if it is implied in everything that is discussed here.

After seeing the video on this post, December 21, 2010: A vedic perspective on an eclipse on winter solstice (http://www.cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php?topic=20944.0), one idea struck out at me. That this period we are now (not pinpointing exact dates, as for example between 21-12-2010 and 21-12-2012 as is forwarded in the video) is a time of great upheaval and also of great opportunity to learn, due to some cosmic conditions.

This got me thinking in relation with the current economic crisis that seems to be prepared to gear up in the next year. As everyone knows modern life with all its rampant consumerism, worries of all kind like job related, payments/loans, not enough time to do anything except work and worry, work and worry, gets people further away from reflecting upon life, searching for objective truth, in general evolve as Human Beings.

Well if our times are really a time of great opportunity to learn and as a result it can potentially awaken those that are more immersed in their lies and illusions, and the PTB are aware of that, what better away to counter act this then by creating more worries, more weight around peoples brains and souls and not let them aim at higher ideals and basicly as i said before evolve as Humans.

I say this also because one reason that could be given to the current manufactured crises would be for the psychopaths in power to gain more power and wealth, and all that. But the thing is they already have it all, it is like pouring water into an already full glass. I known that psychopaths are in general blind to anything else than the gathering of power and money for their own welfare, but at the same time the ones at the top are not stupid, and as everyone here knows are quite intelligent. They wouldn't risk their position if they didn't feared something else. That something else being the chance that enough people will wake in order to wake up others and expose them and not give one more drop of sweat and blood for the psychopaths "cause".

It's just that i don't really buy into the idea that this crisis is manufactured to gain more power and wealth, there seems to be something other than that, and this could be a reason for it.

Going a bit further with this line of thought, i think these times could be like a proving ground in some adverse circumstances, a chance to do a kind of final exam of cosmic proportions, before graduating. Only the ones that under this added pressure can keep an eye on reality could have the opportunity to graduate.

Finally i'm just going to make use of this post to wish everyone a merry Christmas. :)

Interesting Post Green_Manalishi.

I think you are right when you say that the PTB already had nearly all the wealth and power before the economic crisis hit. One thing they are doing now though in my opinion, is showing people who are there bosses. Before when times were all comfortable and everyone in the west was all happy and rich chasing after endless consumption at the expense of the majority of the world and pursuit for happyness, they thought that they, the middle class are the ones that made this world go around and had power to make change. Now, however, they are being shown that they had power to do nothing. The bail outs and endless laws against our rights, plus the wars are all going ahead regardless of what anyone thinks. You can go to the streets and protest until next year if you want and cry about increased taxes, imposed austerity and all this but you know what, it's all still going to go ahead. There, you have it!

I dont think the majority will would have woken up regardless of the economic situation. If the economy and everything was fine, people would pursue endless consumerism and all this, wealth, power, sex etc. Now, people worry, yell, shout but still, no one is getting free. I think maybe what is going on is that this are the final stages of finally hopelessly enslaving us mind body and soul for quite awhile to come because the brain washing has got to such sophisticated levels that, it's unbeliavable and downright terrifying, it's like living in zombieland and worse I might be a zombie and not even know it because of ones inability to see oneself objectively.

The only thing that can stop these people, is the planet and nature in my opinion and I was glad when the C's said about the X factor hitting. Good riddance is what I say to that.

luke wilson said:
Now, however, they are being shown that they had power to do nothing. The bail outs and endless laws against our rights, plus the wars are all going ahead regardless of what anyone thinks.

Well, yeah, there is probably more than one layer to it, some more out in the open and others more hidden.

luke wilson said:
I dont think the majority will would have woken up regardless of the economic situation.

Just to clarify, i wasn't implying that people would wake up due to the economic situation. There could be a chance (and obviously this is all conjecture, wild hypotheses thrown into the air) that we are entering or entered a period that due to some cosmic influences (as explained in the video about vedic astrology) the environment would have more propensity to higher learning and awakening of Humans. The worsened economic situation would serve them, the PTB, as a buffer of some sorts to dampen this awakening.

luke wilson said:
finally hopelessly enslaving us mind body and soul

I think this time, the soul is what they are after.

it's like living in zombieland and worse I might be a zombie and not even know it because of ones inability to see oneself objectively.

That is also one of the things that saddens me the most. For me it is not the fact that i'm a zombie or not, that i known that in the present i am. I just don't known if i'll be able to pick myself up from zombieland into Humanland and if the efforts for that are objective. But that is offtopic.

The only thing that can stop these people, is the planet and nature in my opinion and I was glad when the C's said about the X factor hitting. Good riddance is what I say to that.

Just a question related to this, wasn't the X or cross a symbol of nature, or of the igneous potential locked inside all Nature, alchemists used?

Baby boomers are retiring and calling in their chips.

The Social Security Administration paid out $85.3 billion in March to more than 63.3 million people, according to the Social Security Administration. About 70% of the payments went to retirees and the remainder was for survivor benefits and disability insurance. On average, a retired worker collects $1,467.17 per month which is $17,606 annualized.

The number of recipients has increased as the baby boomer generation reaches retirement age. Last year, retirees receiving payments grew 3% percent versus 1.9% percent growth in the U.S. workforce, according to estimates from the U.S. Census Bureau and the Bureau of Labor Statistics.

Retirees, widows, disabled workers and some children who qualify receive a monthly stipend through SSA programs. The money comes mainly from payroll taxes but also from reserves the SSA set aside known as the trust funds. Because of changing demographics -- a historically low birth rate, increasing number of retirees and the fact that the average new retiree will live to age 85 -- these reserves are projected to run dry by 2035, according to recent estimates.

Social Security will start relying entirely on taxpayers’ money when the trust funds reach zero. The data show that on a cash-flow basis, the system already is paying out more than it takes in. Last year, the negative cash flow was $80 billion. That meant the Treasury had to borrow $80 billion so it could redeem Social Security trust fund securities to keep benefit checks flowing.

When the Social Security trust funds reach a zero balance the program will not be able to meet its obligations in full. This means when today’s 51-year-olds reach retirement at age 67 in 16-years, beneficiaries will face a benefit cut unless Social Security’s costs are curtailed, the program’s revenue increases or some combination of the two is enacted. "At that point, all beneficiaries will face a 20% across-the-board benefit cut, which will grow to 25% over time," according to the Committee for a Responsible Federal Budget.

The first wave of baby boomers began reaching retirement age in 2011 impacting U.S. demographics dramatically. Two years earlier, no state population had more than 15% of social security retirees but that’s all changed. Last year, 14 states had a population made up of more than 15% retirees. Vermont, Maine and Florida had the highest proportion.

States With The Largest Proportion of Retirees

The share of retirees in the state population is calculated by dividing the number of retired OASDI beneficiaries by the total population of the state

04c4e64cdb09a1facdf316baab09e21b.png

Migrating baby boomers are also contributing to robust population growth in some areas of the U.S.

The Villages in Florida, a popular retirement community in Florida’s 11th Congressional District, is home to one of the fastest growing areas in the country. Retirees collecting social security made up a third of all residents in that district last year.

92af1264c362d56eec34434eb0258ccc.png

Key Takeaways:
  • The top three states with the highest proportion of beneficiaries are: Maine, Vermont and Florida
  • Retirees comprise less than 10% in two states -- Utah and Alaska -- and 10.33% in Texas.
  • In 2018, there were 43,721,450 OASDI beneficiaries in the U.S., according to Social Security Administration data
  • The Census Bureau estimated the total population to be 327,167,434 as of July 1, 2018, so close to 13% of the U.S. population is an OASDI beneficiary retired worker.
Three southern Congressional districts have the lowest percentage of people collecting Social Security. Texas’ CD-29, in the eastern portion of the Houston metro area, is the lowest at 6.48%. It’s followed by California’s CD-40 in east-southeast Los Angeles at 6.77%, the most Latino district in the nation, and Arizona’s CD-7 at 6.92%.

Methodology
  • Bloomberg News analyzed Social Security data available per Congressional district for every year between 2005 to 2018 and grouped by state to avoid any redistricting problems -- redistricting happened in 2012 effective January 2013, and some districts -- like Florida’s CD-11, were redrawn.
  • Total population per state comes from the American Community Survey 5-year estimate
  • Employment data come from the Bureau of Labor Statistics
  • Bloomberg included data for only the 50 states

Back
Top Bottom