Potasium Flouride in table salt?

cholas

Dagobah Resident
Apparently water south of the u s border is not usually flouridated. So to make sure "all the children" get their fluoride, ALL(and I mean ALL) salt has a potassium flouride additive. Trying to find salt without it in Mexico and many South American countries is VERY difficult. Best to harvest your own, ala Ghandi. But I cannot find any info on Potassium fl. Plenty on Sodium, ala u s. Any thoughts? Any difference? All bad? My family and I have steered clear, but feel ignorant in this matter. Thanks.
-c

The hazmat.dot.gov site lists potassium fluoride as a "poisonous material". http://hazmat.dot.gov/pubs/inc/data/1998/1998comdrank.pdf

The push to get fluoride and fluoro compounds into every person on the planet is quite obvious to those who are looking. Here in France, the water supply is allegedly not fluoridated, but they manage to put it in every consumer product that they possibly can. The toothpastes are fluoridated at a rate that is almost double the US toothpaste fluoride content. And, like Mexico, fluoridated table salt is sold at the supermarkets with bold bragging rights on the label as to its presence in the product. Fortunately, in France there are a wide variety of unadulterated natural sea salts to choose from.

I have yet to find a mouthwash without fluoride, but having switched to daily after-brushing mouth rinses with colloidal silver has eliminated the need for that product. There is one commercially available toothpaste brand in the stores, with one variant which has no fluoride in it, but you have to work to find it... and it is made in Spain.

A word of caution about harvesting your own salt in Mexico. I would source an old underground deposit, if possible, as opposed to recently evaporated sea salt. The Mexican coastal water is badly polluted, the nearer to any harbor city that you get. I was sadly shocked to find that Ensenada's harbor was bright red. We had to boat several miles offshore to find clean (looking) water.

Another toxic additive which is in every breath mint and chewing gum on the French store shelves is aspartame. This is probably the same in Mexico. Read those labels carefully... or better yet, simply avoid those types of products.

Thanks for the link Rabelais,
As suspected, nasty stuff. Not sure what makes it different than sodium flouride but on the Hazmat(d.o.t) list I did not see the latter. Surely it's trucked/railed around to u s cities.?
Yes aspertame abounds, especially "lite" soft drinks, all of which we avoid. Having lived for many years in an "organic" part of the u s, the local awareness of that particular poison was well seated. Not quite sure why fluoride still remained/remains "debatable".
Sorry to hear of your water-quality(or lack thereof)experience in Ensenada. Fortunately it is a rather poor representation of the whole, so far....
-c

Back
Top Bottom