Prem Rawat Groupie Trolling SOTT Forum

• Thread starter gnosticpathfinder
  • Start date
G

gnosticpathfinder

www(dot).gnosticpathfinder.blogspot.com
www(dot)freewebs.com/karenmaesot

Hello Ryan:
I appreciate your comments. Before I can respond to Henry See's article ... which I don't mind at all ... I would want to know more of his own background and experiences leading up to his opinion(s) ... I was introduced to Prem Rawat at a program in Denver, Colorado in 1981 and had my own experiences related to his 'teachings' ... including traveling to India in 1985 as a student with one of the original hippie colleges ... Friends World College in Huntington, NY ... and visiting Prem Nagar Ashram in Haridwar, India ... so I can verify some of the 'history' in See's article ... but don't necessarily interpret events in the same way ... I have met and traveled in Uttar Pradesh with Prem Rawat's older brother ... have friends in Nepal who are followers ... both of Prem Rawat and his older brother ... and view 'events' from having lived in India/Nepal for more than 10 years ... none of which necessarily reflect an experience of the Divine Light Mission in the U.S.A. ... primarily I learned from the supposed 'Spiritual Predator' (See's 'take' and experience ... not necessarily mine) that I had to become my own 'guru' and learn from my own 'inner child', my own 'inner' tuition (tutor) ... however you want to describe it in words ... but I have never had an experience of this 'predator' supposedly embodied in Prem Rawat ... obviously, I feel we all have one inside of us ... our own 'dark side', our 'shadow' ... again I don't want to wrestle with words ... I've learned more from Alan Watts' reflections ... so would be glad to share with anyone 'privately' who is not of such a 'vicious' mindset to automatically judge and attack ANYONE ... See's article seems to reflect more of the pathological mindset than he 'projects' onto a person he may never have met or related to ... open to a dialogue through email ... gnostic.pathfinder@gmail.com ... drop me a line ... Thanx

gnosticpathfinder said:
I've learned more from Alan Watts' reflections ... so would be glad to share with anyone 'privately' who is not of such a 'vicious' mindset to automatically judge and attack ANYONE ... See's article seems to reflect more of the pathological mindset than he 'projects' onto a person he may never have met or related to
Why would you percieve a very detailed and well-researched article to be the 'vicious' product of a 'pathological mindset'. It seems that, in fact, you are saying much more about yourself here than you are about the article or its author. You are also, very clearly, attacking the author while simultaneously condeming him for what you percieve to be his attack on your guru. You seem to have a strong emotional attachment to this spiritual predator which has resulted in a tightly closed mind on the subject; something that often occurs in such situations.

Presenting the facts and documented history of any individual is not a vicious attack - it is an attempt at a purely objective assessment of someone who has spent his life feeding off of others, making sure those fed upon feel special and protective of him for the priviledge.

gnosticpathfinder said:
I've learned more from Alan Watts' reflections ... so would be glad to share with anyone 'privately' who is not of such a 'vicious' mindset to automatically judge and attack ANYONE ... See's article seems to reflect more of the pathological mindset than he 'projects' onto a person he may never have met or related to ... open to a dialogue through email ...
In addition to what Anart pointed out to you, I find it interesting that first you link to what you call "SOTT related sites" and when someone points out a problem you then say you're open to private conversation. We've seen this happen here in variations several times in the past... This is a public forum where obviously we discuss topics openly. Did you come here to openly discuss, or to troll for followers, or is it that it might be really uncomfortable for you to face the possibility of having to slaughter a sacred cow (e.g. reach the objective Truth about a matter)?

gnosticpathfinder said:
... so would be glad to share with anyone 'privately' who is not of such a 'vicious' mindset to automatically judge and attack ANYONE ...
When it comes to this rawat dude its not the matter of judgement but matter of comon sense :wink

gnosticpathfinder said:
See's article seems to reflect more of the pathological mindset than he 'projects' onto a person he may never have met or related to ... open to a dialogue through email ...
If there is something factually wrong with Henry See's article, then please post it here so we may all learn from it (= dialogue through the forum). The idea is that we apply many minds to a post so we can strip away subjectivity and get to the facts.

gnosticpathfinder said:
See's article seems to reflect more of the pathological mindset than he 'projects' onto a person he may never have met or related to
I admit it; I never met the man. Saw him on a couple of videos from recent years, and that was enough, along with the research I did for the article. I have met some of his followers, though. Of course, a large number of his students haven't met Prem Rawat either, a point raised in my article. His "one size fits all" approach leaves much to be desired in my opinion. My experience of this Work also leaves no doubt in my mind that any teacher, any real teacher that is, must know his students because everyone's situation is unique.

However, if the one size offered by the Lord of the Universe fits you, that's fine for you, but then I somehow doubt you'll fit in here...as your fishing expedition for private contacts and your unsubstaniated accusations of my "pathological mindset" indicate.

I will be glad to 'peel back' some subjectivity with SOTT if your group will do the same ... I don't consider myself a Prem Rawat groupie ... I was just trying to share some experience ... I don't think I was 'trolling' ... I am interested in the topics discussed by SOTT ... I am NOT Cointelpro ... I know about teaching ... I have been a teacher for more than 15 years in Asia ... and have traveled in many countries there ... never as a 'follower' of Prem Rawat ... just someone doing his 'own thing' ... I haven't been to a 'program' of Prem Rawat's in more than 20 years ... so if that means I'm still a groupie in your book ... somehow we have miscommunicated ... I am open to trying again given the chance ... will ponder your article in more depth and try to give you my perceptions in an objective a fashion as I can muster ... so be it.

gnosticpathfinder said:
I will be glad to 'peel back' some subjectivity with SOTT if your group will do the same ...
If you would had read enough of SOTT and this forum before forming concrete opinion then you'd have either not wrote that, or it's possible that you're currently comfortable with subjectivity, because if there is anything SOTT and this forum tries to do it is to seek the objective Truth. If you can't see this then as I said, you either haven't read enough or you're mentally blind (sacred cows tend to create that condition in a person).

You made this allegation of subjectivity against SOTT without pointing out anything directly...unless you're referring to Henry's article, in which case you've apparently already formed an opinion and are simply trying to save face here.

I am NOT Cointelpro ...
Unless one is capable of seeking - and finding - objectivity, Truth, then one is essentially a useful idiot. That condition amounts to being Cointelpro. No offense intended.

I have been a teacher for more than 15 years in Asia ...
Useful idiots teach subjectivity, possibly inadvertantly. No offense intended there either. Finding people who teach critical thinking is difficult these days. You might think about that, being a teacher and all.

I am open to trying again given the chance ... will ponder your article in more depth and try to give you my perceptions in an objective a fashion as I can muster ... so be it.
That's the spirit. :) (giving you the benefit of the doubt here...)

gnosticpathfinder said:
I was just trying to share some experience ...
Mey I ask what experience is the one you shared?

gnosticpathfinder said:
I don't think I was 'trolling'
You asked for 'private' comunication. What is it you cannot say on the open? THAT'S a troll.

gnosticpathfinder said:
I am NOT Cointelpro ... I know about teaching ... I have been a teacher for more than 15 years in Asia ...
That's what Alan Watt sais. Also Jones and Icke. They all think they are inocent souls. Cointelpro finds expression presisely through those 'teachers' who reclute people who is sincerely searching for a light, to 'teach' them how to see the world, as you have been doing it for the last 15 years across many countries. MOST PARTICULARY those who give to their selfs any form of 'spiritual authority': You need 'private' communication to convince of the hierarchy, so it is all about power and nothing more.

Does your 'teaching' takes the form of the way you used to approach to the subject you considered problematic on Henry's article? Well that also fits a spellbinder's strategy, who also subjetivelly defines 'objectivity'.

gnosticpathfinder said:
I will be glad to 'peel back' some subjectivity with SOTT if your group will do the same ...
That implies that you're trying to put the onus on SOTT to choose for you whether you stop being subjective or not. It sounds like the ploy used in the courts system where we're made to believe that the truth is always somewhere in the middle.
Sounds more like "I'll not be as subjective if you stop being as objective."

gnosticpathfinder said:
... will ponder your article in more depth and try to give you my perceptions in an objective a fashion as I can muster ... so be it.
Looking forward to it GPF.

gnosticpathfinder said:
I don't consider myself a Prem Rawat groupie ... I was just trying to share some experience ... [...]... I have been a teacher for more than 15 years in Asia ... and have traveled in many countries there ... never as a 'follower' of Prem Rawat ... just someone doing his 'own thing' ... I haven't been to a 'program' of Prem Rawat's in more than 20 years ... so if that means I'm still a groupie in your book ... somehow we have miscommunicated ... I am open to trying again given the chance ... will ponder your article in more depth and try to give you my perceptions in an objective a fashion as I can muster ... so be it.
From one of the site links you posted:

gnosticpathfinder said:
This mission is dedicated to my personal teacher, Prem Rawat, whom I first met in 1981. Since then, my life changed and my true travels around the world began. Without his internal guidance, I would never have gotten to where I am today. While others have turned away from his lessons, not always comfortable, I prefer to face reality as it is with someone not afraid to hold the mirror up to me from time to time.
So obviously Prem Rawat is someone important in your life. From what you write, he permitted you to follow your own path, and you are grateful to him for that. That's OK in my book.

I am curious what you mean when you write the bolded phrase above. In what way does Rawat, if I am reading you correctly, hold the mirror up to you from time to time? Does he do this in person?

I would welcome the opportunity to exchange with you on my article on Prem Rawat if you are able to offer your perceptions, as you say, in as objective a fashion as you can muster. The article puts down as objectively as I could muster the differences between our approach and those approaches we consider to be erroneous, if not downright dangerous.

Hi Henry,

Thanks for a great article. It will certanly help anyone ineterested in checking out Rawat.

I put a link to the article on an ex-premie forum. You may be ineterested in the ensuing discussion/comments there ( link http://www.prem-rawat-talk.org/forum/posts/10982.html ).

All the best, Jethro

oops this post is meant for Henry

Back
Top Bottom